Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2014, 05:44 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Yes, you posted facts and so did I.

We both know that many people who moved on to harder drugs began by using marijuana.

I've posted here before about a study group headed by George Putnam some years ago. A group of former drug addicts. He said it took until the 40th person who said he did not start by using marijuana. In other words, a large number DID start by first using marijuana.

As for the "who cares?" I do. I care about the future of society and the children who will live in it. And I think a drug-free society is better than a drug-saturated one.
Then in that case what taxes should we raise to go back to once again try to imprison our way out of the drug problems. Don't you think central to keeping the problem with drugs going is failure to imprison enough people and many thousands more drug users and sellers need imprisoned?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2014, 05:46 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Funny how you question their reasoning (which I can neither dispute nor confirm without further research), but expect us to just accept your conclusion that "marijuana causes hard drug abuse" without corroborating evidence. Selective standards much?

I wonder what the reefer madness prohibitionist are going to say in one year when driving accidents and fatalities are the same or lower in Colorado and Washington state.. THEY WONT HAVE A LEG TO STAND ON

Old 03-05-2014, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
no because alcohol is at least ten fold a more powerful drug than weed!!! in other words booze sends you into another galaxy and weed will keep you in orbit.. their is absolutely no comparison with alcohol and weed.. I can speak with experience, I did both for a long time
I know. Too much alcohol can make you see in doubles and maybe even make you so drunkingly stupid as to try driving that way. Marijuana doesn't mess up your vision as much.

Old 03-05-2014, 05:48 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
^^^^^^^

they are called field sobriety test!!! if you pass you can drive. all they need now is a test for the dip sheets that cant drive while straight..
Not only that, but Los Angeles PD is already testing the new "breathalyzer" for marijuana: Smell the Truth » Los Angeles Using Pot Breathalyzers at New Year’s DUI Checkpoints

This particular test isn't time-sensitive enough to hold up in court, but they are working on one of those too. Oh, and I hope Fleet & Finn notice this little tidbit from the article... and yet our government STILL thinks it makes sense to have alcohol as the only legal one? You just can't fix stupid, I guess.

"Stoned drivers are 1.83 times more likely to get in a crash as a sober one, but drunk drivers are 13.64 times as likely to crash."

(of course, I still think field sobriety tests are more accurate and fair than a breath/blood test - even for alcohol)

Last edited by gizmo980; 03-05-2014 at 06:07 PM..

Old 03-05-2014, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Not only that, but Los Angeles PD is already testing the new "breathalyzer" for marijuana: Smell the Truth » Los Angeles Using Pot Breathalyzers at New Year’s DUI Checkpoints

This particular test isn't time-sensitive enough to hold up in court, but they are working on one of those too. Oh, and I hope Fleet & Finn notice this little tidbit from the article... and yet our government STILL thinks it makes sense to have alcohol as the only legal one? You just can't fix stupid, I guess.

"Stoned drivers are 1.83 times more likely to get in a crash as a sober one, but drunk drivers at 13.64 times as likely to crash."

(of course, I still think field sobriety tests are more accurate and fair than a breath/blood test - even for alcohol)

if a driver can pass this test that this police officer is performing on this drunk girl that person is good to drive.. in the case of this girl she clearly failed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4U4J_42gcQ

Old 03-05-2014, 06:09 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
if a driver can pass this test that this police officer is performing on this drunk girl that person is good to drive.. in the case of this girl she clearly failed

Half-Dressed Woman fails DUI Road-Side Sobriety Test - YouTube
LOL... take her drunk, she's home!

Old 03-05-2014, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It's funny there are so many young people who need this kind of "medication" for their "illnesses".
Would you soon be providing with your tax dollars free room and board in prison for people wanting that time of "medication"? If so, people coming out of prison say the drugs were about as easy to get a hold of as on the outside, so I'm not sure doing that would do much good for you.

Old 03-05-2014, 06:24 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
they have sobriety test for people with a buzz whether it on prescrips , weed, alcohol etc. if you can walk in a straight line, touch your nose with the tip of your finger, dance on one foot, or count from 100 backwards and so on you can drive

this is a fail>>>>
Half-Dressed Woman fails DUI Road-Side Sobriety Test - YouTube
The whole walkin in a straight line test is just BS. You blow..........that is something pot heads don't worry about. Hell you don't blow you get a lawyer and you walk free. That is MY point. I know most pot heads don't care and think it's all funny...........I don't. I have kids to worry about. Get a test and throw these pot head drivers in jail BEFORE legalizing anything.

Old 03-05-2014, 06:25 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Would you soon be providing with your tax dollars free room and board in prison for people wanting that time of "medication"? If so, people coming out of prison say the drugs were about as easy to get a hold of as on the outside, so I'm not sure doing that would do much good for you.
Your post makes no sense about driving while stoned...........it appears you just are a pot head. Nothing wrong with that either............

Old 03-05-2014, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
The whole walkin in a straight line test is just BS. You blow..........that is something pot heads don't worry about. Hell you don't blow you get a lawyer and you walk free. That is MY point. I know most pot heads don't care and think it's all funny...........I don't. I have kids to worry about. Get a test and throw these pot head drivers in jail BEFORE legalizing anything.

its a lot more than walking a straight line!! watch the vid, if anyone can perform that test the cop is doing on this girl one is safe to drive.. I know a lot of older folks that shouldn't even be on the road let alone perform a test like that because they would be on their ass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies