Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is PC = end free speech and free religious expression??
Yes, PC is designed to restrict and intimidate free speech and free religion. 31 83.78%
No, PC is designed to help minorities?? 2 5.41%
I don't know. 4 10.81%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 12:47 PM

1,499 posts, read 4,831,133 times

Advertisements

I recently heard yet another person mention "political correctness" off-handedly as if it were of no matter. "Political Correctness" is in its very essence Stalin's "Orthodox Ideology". "Orthodox Ideology" in turn is Stalin's interpretation of Marx's contrived philosophy that he referred to as "Dialectical Materialism". Stalin shortened it to "Diamat". "Diamat" is the philosophy of Soviet Communism and rooted in all good communists' profound and zealous belief that all change is "progressive" - not necessarily good - just "progressive". This dogma is contradicted by an enormous body of evidence that proves just the opposite as I am sure you realize. The failure of the former Soviet Union stands as one small part of that body.

Communism is the largest and most short-lived pseudo-religion of atheism. Communists do not believe that anything exists except "matter-in-motion". Consequently, they do not believe in any God, Spiritual Life or even any objective standard of morality. In fact, their equivalent to Judeo-Christian morality is little more than the sum total of rationalizations they employed and continue to employ to justify their incredibly destructive policies and procedures. I point this out knowing that your opponent employs a number of avowed communists on his campaign staff.

Obviously, communists assign meanings to words that are not necessarily the same as the meanings the average American Citizen understands. In this regard it is much like our own corrupted legal system that has derived a coded language of its own to deceive the people as to what they intend in terms of pursuing their own individual and collective self-interest. It’s good to remember that the ruling communists don't recognize any need whatsoever to be honest with their slave subjects. All that matters is that change occurs because change is "progressive". And change is an end in and of itself for those who express belief and/or membership in their pseudo-religion. Restated, the end always justifies the means and this is why they are able to murder millions with impunity in places like Russia, the former Eastern Bloc and China to name a few.

Today the United States stands on the brink of electing communists to power in the State and Federal governments. Many of us have been deceived by their false promises and many have turned their back on God at the communists' behest. I would like to leave you with a phrase I heard on the loud speaker of every Metro train I rode in Moscow and St. Petersburg just before it left the station (so long as it wasn't broken). “Beware the closing doors. Next stop - (the name of the next Metro Station).” For Americans I would like to substitute the word "tyranny" for the name of the Metro Station. Thank you for taking the time to read this message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2007, 12:48 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,459,448 times
[Mod cut]

"Today the United States stands on the brink of electing communists to power in the State and Federal governments."

We've already elected fascism-friendly torturers. That really opens up the playing field, you know.

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 12-03-2007 at 12:54 PM.. Reason: personal

Old 12-03-2007, 12:48 PM

2,935 posts, read 6,714,768 times
I don't see it as an issue of freedom of speech. Your speech is free as far as government restrictions are concerned. I always hear people on Internet forums complaining about a moderator infringing upon their 1st Amendment rights for being censored... I guess many don't realize that in a private setting, I don't have to respect your speech.

I hate PC talk just as much as the next guy, but don't expect me not to kick you out of my house for spouting off hateful remarks in my living room.

Old 12-03-2007, 12:52 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,188,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
Is PC designed to restrict free speech and intimidate anyone who disagree with it???
uh... no

Please tell me what speech has been restricted. As to intimidation, well it has been used by both the left and the right as was indicated previously.

What would happen if Christian fundamentalist were a majority in our government and I were thrown in prison for saying that there were more similarities between Islam and Christianity than people cared to admit. Would you support this?

Old 12-03-2007, 01:10 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,117,740 times
Everyone has a right to say what they want regardless of how argumentative/offensive/irrational it is. I am sure that 99.9% of us, regardless of political party, religious preference, creed, or race would find what the Westboro Baptist Church does to be very obscene. Personally, I would like them all to be physically harmed, but that's just me. Anyway, they do have a right to say what they are spewing, er, saying. OTOH, I would love for them to be forced to shut up.

The problem is with people. People think it's their right to not be offended. Well guess what; you're wrong. Most people who say they are offended can't even give good reason as to why they are anyway. They just want to create trouble. All people, on both sides of the coin, need to get over themselves.

I hate the PC crap that's going on too, however, I don't think it's wrong to practice a modicum of PC either.

Old 12-03-2007, 01:43 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,467,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
I wouldn't call it a right wing axe when it is the left that keeps dredging up one word slip ups and turning it into a top story. Imus said nappy? And ho's? OMG, it is so obvious that he absolutely hates all black women and wants them to die!
You are simply defending Imus' unfettered right to use the public airwaves to offer, quite unnecessarily, a baseless, rude, and abusive characterization of a very particular group of individuals. Note that no one called for him to be taken off to jail. People called for him to be taken off the public airwaves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
It is also the left that seeks to legislate speech based on what is deemed hateful. Forget about the constitution, its no longer important.
Where do you see hate-speech legislation proposed? We do have hate-crimes laws, of course. Those are based on actions, not words. I would assume that anyone can recognize the difference there.

Old 12-03-2007, 01:56 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,249,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
You are simply defending Imus' unfettered right to use the public airwaves to offer, quite unnecessarily, a baseless, rude, and abusive characterization of a very particular group of individuals.
Yes, I defend his right, and the right of his employer (network) to allow Imus to say whatever he wishes.

Old 12-03-2007, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
The problem is with people. People think it's their right to not be offended. Well guess what; you're wrong.
Quite so. It has been said that if you walk out your front door and around the town and aren't offended by something within 30 minutes, you don't live in a free society. But that's passive offense. Others are doing perfectly ordinary things that you happen to take offense at. Imus was guilty of an active offense. It is very unlikely that there is anyone anywhere who would take being referred to as a nappy-headed ho in a good way. The term is patently offensive, and was deliberately directed toward very particular people over the public airwaves. That crosses the line, and Imus was quite properly called on it.

Old 12-03-2007, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Yes, I defend his right, and the right of his employer (network) to allow Imus to say whatever he wishes.
Neither Imus nor his employer has any right to use the public airwaves at all, except by license of the people who own those airwaves, which people are us. All of us. As license issuers, we can and do set standards and punish violations of those standards. Imus may say anything he wants while walking down a public street, but not while broadcasting over the public airwaves.

Old 12-03-2007, 02:13 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,257,870 times
Imus has been offensive for years. Let the people speak. If people didn't listen to him he would eventually be gone. End of story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies