Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 11:23 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Gibson LP View Post
It's obvious to me that Fox calling itself "Fair and Balanced" is like the 400-lb dude who goes by "Tiny". They're doing it to be ironic. They don't believe it, and I don't really think the people who watch it believe it either.

Say whatever you want about MSNBC, because honestly, I've never watched more than 5 minutes of it. What do they pass themselves off as? Really Fair and Balanced?
Fox News Channel does present both sides of the issue. Even on their hard right opinion news shows, like Hannity, he has liberal guests and commentators to debate the issues every night. Even the liberal Juan Williams will substitute host for Bill O'Reilly.

Here's a shocking bit of trivia - Hannity used to have Chris "thrill up my leg" Matthews substitute for him on his radio show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2014, 11:24 AM

59,089 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
What about NPR. It leaves every other news organization in the dust . Seriously though, if people have those stupid talk radio people on or MSNBC or FOX on all day, I could not regard them as an intelligent being. It's like having the top 40 on over and over, you haven't heard anything new in days and what you heard isn't worthwhile hearing.
Please tell us who at NPR you consider Conservative.
"Ask most conservatives and they’ll tell you that NPR is a hopelessly left-wing news organization filled with liberal biases. Ask most liberals and they’ll tell you it’s a down the middle, mainstsream news outlet. Instead of getting into that debate, let’s get into another, more nuanced one. So, consider this statement made by the co-host of NPR’s On the Media:
“If you were to somehow poll the political orientation of everybody in the NPR news organization and all of the member stations, you would find an overwhelmingly progressive, liberal crowd.”
Those are the words of Bob Garfield in the aftermath of the conservative “citizen journalist” sting against NPR, which caught on camera a now former fund raising executive smearing the entire Tea Party movement as racist and stupid.
Mr. Garfield was not saying NPR has a liberal bias, just that it’s journalists are “overwhelmingly” liberal.
- See more at: http://www.bernardgoldberg.com/no-li....Ufgm9Mn0.dpuf

Old 03-05-2014, 11:27 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,671,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Fox News Channel does present both sides of the issue. Even on their hard right opinion news shows, like Hannity, he has liberal guests and commentators to debate the issues every night. Even the liberal Juan Williams will substitute host for Bill O'Reilly.

Here's a shocking bit of trivia - Hannity used to have Chris "thrill up my leg" Matthews substitute for him on his radio show.
Juan Williams is a friggin joke dude.

Old 03-05-2014, 12:45 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Please tell us who at NPR you consider Conservative.
"Ask most conservatives and they’ll tell you that NPR is a hopelessly left-wing news organization filled with liberal biases. Ask most liberals and they’ll tell you it’s a down the middle, mainstsream news outlet. Instead of getting into that debate, let’s get into another, more nuanced one. So, consider this statement made by the co-host of NPR’s On the Media:
“If you were to somehow poll the political orientation of everybody in the NPR news organization and all of the member stations, you would find an overwhelmingly progressive, liberal crowd.”
Those are the words of Bob Garfield in the aftermath of the conservative “citizen journalist” sting against NPR, which caught on camera a now former fund raising executive smearing the entire Tea Party movement as racist and stupid.
Mr. Garfield was not saying NPR has a liberal bias, just that it’s journalists are “overwhelmingly” liberal.
- See more at: No Liberal Bias at NPR -- Just Ask NPR
i'd agree with that

NPR makes a genuine attempt at being unbiased. Even though they fail, (because they're all liberals themselves) they still try.

MSNBC is like Fox, in that they are just aggressive, mindless propaganda. Neither makes any effort to explain both sides of an argument.

Old 03-05-2014, 12:51 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,454,188 times
No wonder we can't accomplish anything.
Everyone's too busy commenting on TV shows....
Fox News, MSNBC, Duck Dynasty, Paula Deen shenanigans, Bill Maher.....

Old 03-05-2014, 12:58 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Maher must have had his insurance premium go up. He is no longer a fan of the network that supports Obama no matter what he does.

Old 03-05-2014, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Juan Williams is a friggin joke dude.
What are you on, Dude? Cheech and Chong are has been's.?

Old 03-05-2014, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
i'd agree with that

NPR makes a genuine attempt at being unbiased. Even though they fail, (because they're all liberals themselves) they still try.

MSNBC is like Fox, in that they are just aggressive, mindless propaganda. Neither makes any effort to explain both sides of an argument.
I DO watch FOX and IMO they definitely are right leaning. I don't think there is any question about that. However, they do have LOT of liberals on that give their side of the argument on almost EVERY show. In MOST cases they are outnumbered but, they are still there and get to get their talking points in.

I didn't see that on ANY of the other channels, which I quit watching a while back.

I like to watch the panel discussions with Hannity, which I don't watch that often. They seem to be pretty evenly divided.

Frank Luntz is the best to watch, IMO.

MSNBC is SO bad, they are the only channel I know of that pulled BOTH of it's political commentators for being so openly biased and were forbidden to do any more live political campaign work when they pulled BOTh Mathews AND Oberman after the republican Convention in 2010.

I don't believe they were allowed to any in 2012, I quit watching them.

Old 03-05-2014, 02:22 PM

1,138 posts, read 1,042,341 times
MSNBC is the worst '' news '' source out there besides Huffington Post.

FOX gets a lot of flack, liberals call it biased, which it is, but yet completely ignore MSNBC and CNN who are just as biased or even more so (MSNBC). They just have liberal slants instead of a conservative slant.

I don't trust FOX or any other major news outlet. However I do trust FOX over CNN and MSNBC and all the other major networks. At least FOX reports on different things. No point in having so many liberal news networks because they all report on the same stuff with the same perspective.

I think PBS is almost as bad as MSNBC. They're COMPLETELY biased, 90% of their '' news '' is just ragging on Republicans. I also find it amusing so many young people use Jon Stewart and Colbert as news, when they're just liberal comedy shows for naive liberals.

Old 03-05-2014, 02:26 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Do liberals even know what "fair and balanced" is? FOX is absolutely fair and balanced. That doesn't mean there's not a conservative bent. It merely means that conservative viewpoints are put forth, and then made available to be challenged by liberal contributors. That's the "fair and balanced" part. Leftists seem to think that "fair and balanced" is not having a viewpoint at all, but merely praising our President at every turn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies