Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 05:17 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,718,496 times

Advertisements

This will be part of the Republican attack plan for 2014. Once again we will see Republicans-Tea Partiers running to the left of Democrats complaining about the very small cuts to Medicare. You would have thought Tea Partiers would be concerned about government spending but apparently Medicare is a sacred cow. They complained about the Medicare Advantage cuts in 2010. Back then the cuts were $500 billion. In 2012 the cuts were $700 billion. Now there were additional cuts. I can see the robo calls now to the Republican base except now the cuts will be $1 trillion.

Medicare Advantage has been a corportate welfare program for the last 10 years. Now they have to stand up on their own two feet. Repblicans will be saying lets rid of the ACA and we can strengthen Medicare and reduce the deficit. We have heard that before but thats still the game plan.

GOP’s staggering chutzpah: Why they’re attacking Medicare cuts now - Salon.com

Old 03-05-2014, 05:51 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,835,592 times
At the risk of being redundant ..

The following was an interesting comment (one of many) from a CNBC site.

Educated, informed, intelligent Americans know that the ignorant, arrogant, 3rd world leftist in the White House has a long history of lying, especially when it comes to ObamaCare!!

► “I promise 100% transparency in my administration.”
► “I promise NO NEW TAXES on a family making less than $250K a year.”
► “I will allow 5 days of public comment before I sign any bills.”
► “I will remove earmarks for PORK projects before I sign any bill.”
► “I will end Income Tax for seniors making less than $50K a year.”
► "I will bring ALL of our troops home within ONE year."
► "I will go line-item by line-item through the budget to eliminate wasteful spending."
► “I’ll put the Health Care negotiations on CSPAN so everyone can see who is at the table!”.
► “I’ll have no lobbyists in my administration."
► "I'll close Guantanamo."
► "I'll resign if I don't cut the deficit in half by the end of four years."

Old 03-05-2014, 06:06 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,977,958 times
"obama lied"

Y'know, that isn't even newsworthy any more. It is the norm!

Old 03-05-2014, 07:05 PM

Heres a little more on the hypocrisy of the Tea Party. It turns out many in the Tea Party voted for cuts to Medicare but now they are against those cuts. Now they are running on the "Obama Lied" platform. Tea Party Hypocrites...heres the link.

Why the Republican Mediscare attack is magically dwindling - Salon.com

Old 03-05-2014, 07:08 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Heres a little more on the hypocrisy of the Tea Party. It turns out many in the Tea Party voted for cuts to Medicare but now they are against those cuts. Now they are running on the "Obama Lied" platform. Tea Party Hypocrites...heres the link.

Why the Republican Mediscare attack is magically dwindling - Salon.com
I take it you approve of the move by Obama?

Old 03-05-2014, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
I take it you approve of the move by Obama?
Yes because unless you worked three jobs if you are on Medicare you are on the public dole. Most Medicare recipients will pull out way more in benefits than they ever put in. Where is the Tea Party when it comes to Medicare? They seem to be missing in action. By the way Medicare is not self sufficient and taxpayers fork over another $240 billion out of general revenues to support Medicare. Thats almost half the defense budget.

Old 03-05-2014, 07:17 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
This will be part of the Republican attack plan for 2014. Once again we will see Republicans-Tea Partiers running to the left of Democrats complaining about the very small cuts to Medicare. They complained about the Medicare Advantage cuts in 2010. Back then the cuts were $500 billion. In 2012 the cuts were $700 billion. Now there were additional cuts. I can see the robo calls now to the Republican base except now the cuts will be $1 trillion.
The left keeps protesting when we say they are running scared, but the signs are everywhere.

By the way, you consider $500 billion and $700 billion "very small cuts"? And now further cuts will amount to $1 trillion, and that's still small to you? What kind of reasoning considers these cuts, that do not go to offset the debt but instead go to pay for Obamacare, justified? Obamacare was supposedly going to pay for itself. Remember?

Yes, you're all running scared, anticipating, trying to address the "attack plan for 2014" before it occurs.

You do know that Medicare recipients not only paid into it all their working lives, but continue to pay a monthly premium even after they go on Medicare - you do know that, right?

Are you one of Sunstein's bunch?

Old 03-05-2014, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
The left keeps protesting when we say they are running scared, but the signs are everywhere.

By the way, you consider $500 billion and $700 billion "very small cuts"? And now further cuts will amount to $1 trillion, and that's still small to you? What kind of reasoning considers these cuts, that do not go to offset the debt but instead go to pay for Obamacare, justified? Obamacare was supposedly going to pay for itself. Remember?

Yes, you're all running scared, anticipating, trying to address the "attack plan for 2014" before it occurs.

You do know that Medicare recipients not only paid into it all their working lives, but continue to pay a monthly premium even after they go on Medicare - you do know that, right?

Are you one of Sunstein's bunch?
You sound like you are on the governrmint dole. The Medicare cuts by the way are over 10 years and only apply to Medicare Advantage. Most people arent impacted. The cost for Medicare each year -240 billion out of the treaury. The ACA is revenue neutral So if you are a Tea Partier which plan cost the government more?

Old 03-05-2014, 08:28 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
You sound like you are on the governrmint dole. The Medicare cuts by the way are over 10 years and only apply to Medicare Advantage. Most people arent impacted. The cost for Medicare each year -240 billion out of the treaury. The ACA is revenue neutral So if you are a Tea Partier which plan cost the government more?
If ACA is revenue neutral, how is it supposed to generate a $1T surplus to the us government?

Old 03-05-2014, 08:57 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
This will be part of the Republican attack plan for 2014. Once again we will see Republicans-Tea Partiers running to the left of Democrats complaining about the very small cuts to Medicare. You would have thought Tea Partiers would be concerned about government spending but apparently Medicare is a sacred cow. They complained about the Medicare Advantage cuts in 2010. Back then the cuts were $500 billion. In 2012 the cuts were $700 billion. Now there were additional cuts. I can see the robo calls now to the Republican base except now the cuts will be $1 trillion.

Medicare Advantage has been a corportate welfare program for the last 10 years. Now they have to stand up on their own two feet. Repblicans will be saying lets rid of the ACA and we can strengthen Medicare and reduce the deficit. We have heard that before but thats still the game plan.

GOP’s staggering chutzpah: Why they’re attacking Medicare cuts now - Salon.com
During the campaign, Obama said that Medicare benefits would NOT be cut, and they haven't. We enjoy the SAME benefit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies