Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are America's best days behind her?
No, America's best days are ahead of her 30 39.47%
Yes, liberals have destroyed her 34 44.74%
Yes, conservatives have destroyed her 12 15.79%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 09:49 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
As long as conservatism has a stronghold on our population, those people will never be able to be productive members of society. Conservatism is regressive in every aspect of life; a total failure.
The liberals are running the country though and have been for 5 years now.
The Great Stimulus was a wash...nothing more than a temporary respite..money flushed down the toilet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2014, 09:49 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian;

But you go on thinking high union participation and generous welfare was the reason. Historically ignorant people amuse me.

You amuse yourself.

The union created the golden age for the American worker. Pensions, one-household incomes, healthcare benefits - the works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian
Yeah, darn all those selfish American citizens straight to Heck for doing stuff in their own best interests instead of serving The Collective. Freedom can be so infuriating sometimes, can't it?

Bbbbbut, I thought everyone serving themselves was in fact, serving the collective?

The title of this thread: is AMERICA'S best days behind her? Not, "are CEO's best days behind them?"

And funny you should mention "historically ignorant people." You DO know what happens when aristocracy and plutocrats overstep their bounds, right?

Maybe you should consult the lessons learned by half the Royal houses of Europe, and the French Revolution.

Old 03-10-2014, 09:50 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
I'm well aware of it. Why should I feel any sympathy for the 1% paying 23.5% of their income to income taxes?
It's unconstitutional according to the equal protections clause.

Old 03-10-2014, 09:50 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The liberals are running the country though and have been for 5 years now.

And in that 5 years the rich just keep on getting rich, and wealth keeps on concentrating at the top.

Tell us: What, exactly, IS the difference between a liberal and conservative when it comes to the fortunes and prospects of the richest Americans, anyway? Either way they get paid.

Old 03-10-2014, 09:51 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,406,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
$.59 of every dollar you earn goes to some government entity (city, county, state, federal).
You should be sick of government sucking the life out of you.
What I'm sick of is my government tax money going to subsidize conservative states that preach freedom from government. If you hate the government so much, stop mooching off the states that actually pay their fair share of taxes.

Once again, conservatism - the religion of failure.

Wrong about everything. Always on the wrong side of history. Wrong about economics. Wrong about trickle down, tax policy, immigration reform, health care, gay & civil rights, worker protection regulations, everything. I wish I knew how it felt to have a track record of ZERO percent.

Old 03-10-2014, 09:51 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,557,244 times
Quote:
As long as conservatism has a stronghold on our population, those people will never be able to be productive members of society. Conservatism is regressive in every aspect of life; a total failure.
as I already pointed out to you conservatives were the first to push the 5 day work week.

Old 03-10-2014, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
So can you tell me where my free money is? Are you receiving free money?
The government employs people to help you find your "free money" if you can't do it yourself.
Go ask the government to help you..that's what you've been voting for.
Go ask big nanny government who will make it all good for you.

Old 03-10-2014, 09:52 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
I'm well aware of it.
Apparently, you're NOT.

You, in your own chronically under-informed words...
Quote:
You think the 1% paying 15% on their income is reasonable

Old 03-10-2014, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
And in that 5 years the rich just keep on getting rich, and wealth keeps on concentrating at the top.

Tell us: What, exactly, IS the difference between a liberal and conservative when it comes to the fortunes and prospects of the richest Americans, anyway? Either way they get paid.
And the left will deny it's their doing.
Somehow the Republicans are doing it even though they are not in power.

Amazing isn't it ?

Old 03-10-2014, 09:54 AM

Quote:
What I'm sick of is my government tax money going to subsidize conservative states that preach freedom from government. If you hate the government so much, stop mooching off the states that actually pay their fair share of taxes.

Once again, conservatism - the religion of failure.

Wrong about everything. Always on the wrong side of history. Wrong about economics. Wrong about trickle down, tax policy, immigration reform, health care, gay & civil rights, worker protection regulations, everything. I wish I knew how it felt to have a track record of ZERO percent.
Then vote for small government.
Get the Fed out of the money redistribution game. Let states manage their own money.
The Fed is only doling out money so that everyone gets "their fair share".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies