Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are America's best days behind her?
No, America's best days are ahead of her 30 39.47%
Yes, liberals have destroyed her 34 44.74%
Yes, conservatives have destroyed her 12 15.79%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 12:35 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
I don't know, maybe turning Jews over Nazis sounds thug like to me (Switzerland)
Sadly a lot of countries did that. Even the US with the St. Louis and the refusal to take in refugees from the Holocaust at the behest of the Zionists.

How is Switzerland a thug state in today's world? A thug state wouldn't have 500 years of peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2014, 01:02 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,556,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Sadly a lot of countries did that. Even the US with the St. Louis and the refusal to take in refugees from the Holocaust at the behest of the Zionists.

How is Switzerland a thug state in today's world? A thug state wouldn't have 500 years of peace.
St Louis happened before Jews were being killed by the thousands a day
many countries did not let Jews in, very few ever kicked them out and handed them over to the NAZIs

Switzerland by far has the worst record of any country that was not under directly under NAZI control.

Old 03-10-2014, 01:07 AM

Quote:
St Louis happened before Jews were being killed by the thousands a day
many countries did not let Jews in, very few ever kicked them out and handed them over to the NAZIs

Switzerland by far has the worst record of any country that was not under directly under NAZI control.
I wasn't talking about the 1940s. I was talking about today.

Anyways you can blame the Zionists for so many countries not taking Jews in. The Zionists actively discouraged Jewish refugees finding a home in the anglosphere nations and Latin America because they knew - correctly - that Jewish refugees if given a choice would prefer the Americas and Antipodes to Israel.

Old 03-10-2014, 01:14 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,556,641 times
Quote:
I wasn't talking about the 1940s. I was talking about today.

Anyways you can blame the Zionists for so many countries not taking Jews in. The Zionists actively discouraged Jewish refugees finding a home in the anglosphere nations and Latin America because they knew - correctly - that Jewish refugees if given a choice would prefer the Americas and Antipodes to Israel.
by any chance did your family immigrate to this country from Germany after 1945

Old 03-10-2014, 01:18 AM

Quote:
by any chance did your family immigrate to this country from Germany after 1945
The Nazis hated my ancestors just as much as they hated yours. Porajmos - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-10-2014, 01:49 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,654,438 times
Quote:
Are America's best days behind her?

If so who's fault is it?
Yes Americas best days are behind her. It was caused by world events like,

European countries recovering from WWII and rebuilding their manufacturing base (and taking business from US industries.)

Asian countries becoming industrialized (and taking business from US industries.)

And these events inside of America also caused it,

R. Reagan's supply side tax cuts, they increased our deficits and national debt, and weakened the US government.

Bill Clinton and the republican congress passing a free trade deal with China. This opened the door to cheap Chinese goods flooding the US market, and opened the door for US corporations to move US jobs to China.

American corporations moving US jobs to South America, India, ex.ex.

GW Bush's supply side tax cuts and unneeded Iraq war. The tax cuts added $2.5 trillion to our national debt, and the Iraq war added $900 billion to our debt. These events cut federal funding to states, made the world view America as irresponsible, and decreased the value of the US dollar.

Old 03-10-2014, 02:42 AM

1,404 posts, read 1,031,929 times
Originally Posted by NY Jew
I would love for America to cut off Israel (actually I would prefer Israel to say no to America)

I was specifically asking this to the majoun.
Quote:
So we actually agree on something.

If Israel wants to act like a thug state it can do so as long as it isn't paid for by American taxpayers.

BTW I think the US should not give aid to any nation in the Middle East. I agree with the Paul family on this.
You believe that what NYJ said, and what you said constitutes an agreement? Seriously?

Quote:
Both parties share the blame for the decline of America. And both conservatives and liberals share blame.

Both liberals and conservatives have supported the surveillance state, the war on drugs, and bailouts for Wall Street. Both liberals and conservatives have been whores for Israel. Both liberals and conservatives are driving America into bankruptcy.
And I agree completely... so why are we not repealing the 17th amendment?

Old 03-10-2014, 03:05 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
It will be better for those who survive the next financial crisis.

America has been systematically asset-stripped since the 1980's, with the focus mainly on industrial areas in the 1980's and 90's. That changed with the housing bubble and crash in the 2000's. The one big pot of money yet to be stolen is in 401Ks and pension funds, and they will be next.

Once that money has been vaporized, those Americans who have lived through it will wake up and begin again.

Old 03-10-2014, 03:24 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,863,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALackOfCreativity View Post
I wouldn't go so far as to say that America is getting worse, but the gap between us and the rest of the world has been closing for decades now. We're already in relative decline, but still managing to tread water and even progress a bit in absolute terms.
I somewhat agree with you... I don't necessarily think that American is "in decline," so much as it's not going anywhere. Whether you think of this as "stasis" (forgiving) or "stagnation" (unforgiving) is up to you...

The political impasses, general malaise of the American populace, rampant greed going unchecked, and the fact that we don't hold the most damaging people towards our country accountable for their actions has stifled the growth that most of us grew up accustomed to.

It's a sharp counterpoint being here in China, which one way or the other, has growth. The sheer number of opportunities here trump those in the US right now, and if ten years ago you would have told someone this would be the case - hell, if you'd told me for that matter - they wouldn't have believed you. And yet, here we are...

As far as the future goes? I could see it going either way, honestly. The next decade will be very trying for the US, and I think that it will lay the groundwork for whether the US grows or stagnates. Will Americans stop being political sheep? Will they finally look at the sort of things that need to be done to make life in America truly stable once again? Or will they continue to hold onto rhetoric above facts and allow the country's social and economic fabric continue to disintegrate?

Old 03-10-2014, 06:09 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
America has been systematically asset-stripped since the 1980's, with the focus mainly on industrial areas in the 1980's and 90's. That changed with the housing bubble and crash in the 2000's. The one big pot of money yet to be stolen is in 401Ks and pension funds, and they will be next.

Once that money has been vaporized, those Americans who have lived through it will wake up and begin again.
Excellent point, though I would change that to: "Americans have been systemically asset-stripped since the 1980's..."

You left out the student loan and higher education cost bubble. That one's going to leave a mark because it financially cripples the 20 to mid-30 year olds with non-dischargeable debt at the exact time many of them would have been buying cars, houses, and other big ticket items and starting families. They can't afford to do that now. There WILL by severely negative unintended consequences to the economy.

Note that everything the government gets involved in... housing, health care (Medicaid and Medicare prior to Obamacare), and higher education just to name a few, inflates into an unsustainable bubble that eventually bursts and strips the assets of ordinary Americans while the favored few elite (mostly banksters and politicians) expand their wealth significantly in the process.

As Americans Get Poorer, Members of Congress Get Richer - ABC News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies