Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2014, 11:58 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,337,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
There was no proof that any money was exchanged.

Usually, kids at that age don't need money.

One euphemism for hormones is, romance.
Harlot doesn't always been prostitute. It also means a promiscuous woman.

Quote:
What's the age of consent for boys in Texas?
The age of consent is 17. The minimum age is 14 with an age differential of 3 years; thus, those who are at least 14 years of age can legally have sex with those less than 3 years older.

Old 03-18-2014, 11:59 AM

679 posts, read 616,550 times
Quote:
What's the age of consent for boys in Texas?
17, but it doesn't affect you if you have sex with someone up to 3 years older than you, so consent doesn't affect this situation

Old 03-18-2014, 12:01 PM

12,311 posts, read 9,775,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
He was protecting his daughter.

This hopefully will encourage idiots not to sneak into a house for whatever reason.
I'm hoping that the outcome of this tragedy is that more people will reflect and understand the folly it is to have a gun in the home.

A man doesn't need to murder to protect his daughter from an unarmed person.

Old 03-18-2014, 12:02 PM

13,299 posts, read 7,899,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
Harlot doesn't always been prostitute. It also means a promiscuous woman.

The age of consent is 17. The minimum age is 14 with an age differential of 3 years; thus, those who are at least 14 years of age can legally have sex with those less than 3 years older.
Thanks, I did not know that.

I had a friend from Tennessee who always ranted about trollops.

Do you know what a trollop is?

Nevermind, I looked it up.

A prostitute is probably a professional harlot or trollop.

These kids were obviously not professionals.

Couple of amateurs.

Old 03-18-2014, 12:02 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,181,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
This is about the dumbest thing I've seen written on this website yet, and that says alot so congratulations.
Guess you have selective hearing.

Besides, do you not believe a parent isn't responsible for their 17 year old son is in the middle of the night?

Old 03-18-2014, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eborg View Post
17, but it doesn't affect you if you have sex with someone up to 3 years older than you, so consent doesn't affect this situation
Looks like the kids were operating within the law.

Old 03-18-2014, 12:05 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,507,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
As for the parents wanting the fther charged with murder, technically, they are an accessory, since he was their son, 16 years old, and they SHOULD know where he is at that time of night.
They should have known. That's correct. But they're not legally accessories. That's laughable. He was 17, not 16, very close to adulthood. What are parents supposed to do? Stay awake the whole night to make sure jr. doesn't sneak out? Put metal bars on all the windows? Install security cameras everywhere? Even most relatively "good" kids sneak out once or twice as teens.

The dad shouldn't be charged with anything. The daughter should be charged with manslaughter or minimally criminally negligent homicide. A manslaughter conviction has been won in a somewhat similar case in TX.

Old 03-18-2014, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Then you will never understand a bond between father and daughter.
Southern might be different than Northern.

Old 03-18-2014, 12:06 PM

27,306 posts, read 16,281,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
I'm hoping that the outcome of this tragedy is that more people will reflect and understand the folly it is to have a gun in the home.

A man doesn't need to murder to protect his daughter from an unarmed person.
I have more than one gun in my home.

But you feel free to not have any in yours.

Old 03-18-2014, 12:06 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,769,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Some bond--he rushes into her room with a gun and the first thing out of her mouth is a lie. Great bond!
Oh stop it. You're just being ugly & mean spirited. It's perfectly reasonable that a girl with a boy in her bedroom, startled & embarrassed by her Father barging in would freeze up and say "I don't know?". That has nothing to do with their bond. You're just looking to point fingers because there was a gun involved. I wish I had a dollar for everytime one of my daughters realized she was busted for something & replied "I don't know" when she obviously did know. "Hey, who ate that last piece of chocolate cake?". "I don't know?". "Why is there a plate & fork with chocolate all over it sitting in front of you?". "I don't know?". Kids do this all the time, heck, so do adults.

This is a sad case, but it's not a criminal case imo & everyone shares some blame. The parents of the boy should have been watching him better than they were. They should have known where we was in the middle of the night. They should have taught him the dangers of being a youth in someone else's, dark house in the middle of the night. The boy never should have been there in the first place, but he also should have identified himself clearly. The girl should have known better than to sneak a boy into her room, but also should have said "He's my boyfriend Dad, DON'T SHOOT.". The Dad should have called police & waited patiently for them, but if I was in the same situation I probably would have shot too. It's tragedy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.