Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 11:12 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
What's the moral of the story here? If you're a single mom, best stay on welfare. God forbid you have to leave your kids alone to go to a job interview. Either collect welfare and hear endless bitching from the Right how you are a leech, or have your kids get taken away by CPS because you left them alone for a moment. I swear, you can't win if you're poor. Of course, we all know how this happened. Some nosy idiot walking by decided to call CPS on the woman, these are the same people who you call neighbors that would call CPS on you if your kids got bruises from hurting themselves outside while playing.
I hate to burst your bubble, but the ones complaining about welfare leeches (me) aren't the same ones who whine about kids playing outside or being left in a car.

It's liberals who whine about bruises on kids.

Now you know.

What is that stuff on her face?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i guess i was raised in a different era [and in a small town], but i distinctly recall being left in the car with my sister many times as a kid while mom did whatever, and no one thought a thing of it.
Ditto.

And we were often bruised. From falling out of trees, playing rough and rowdy, etc. Nobody thought a thing of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 11:17 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I hate to burst your bubble, but the ones complaining about welfare leeches (me) aren't the same ones who whine about kids playing outside or being left in a car.

It's liberals who whine about bruises on kids.

Now you know.

What is that stuff on her face?

Ditto.

And we were often bruised. From falling out of trees, playing rough and rowdy, etc. Nobody thought a thing of it.

Cause we all know that bruises on kids are only caused by their own actions, never by adults.

Old 03-28-2014, 11:26 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
The only thing that could help people like this is a childcare program that low income or unemployed mothers have access to. There may be some types of programs available in certain states or counties. But any type of social program of that nature in the current political climate would be denigrated by some--and we would be hearing about those takers and how women shouldn't have children they cannot afford, despite the fact that sometimes people are put in these situations after the fact. Just another obvious result of how hard life in America is for the unemployed or low income. It is only going to get worse. If any government in Arizona proceeds to punish this woman it would be totally appalling.

Old 03-28-2014, 11:33 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Couldn't one of the dads or other relative babysit for a couple hours? Or at least use child support from one of the dads to pay a babysitter.

Old 03-28-2014, 11:38 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
I saw this-her mugshot is heartbreaking. I don't exactly see a huge problem if the windows were cracked/doors locked and it was a very brief amount of time...I know my Mom wasn't always perfect.

Is it really in the best interest of the children to have them be removed from their Mother and placed in a dysfunctional/dangerous Government system over this?
The children are 6 and 24 months old. They were left for 45 minutes.

Is it really in the best interests of the children to leave them with their mother?

Old 03-28-2014, 11:41 AM

2,821 posts, read 2,112,501 times
Tough situation. I feel badly for the mother and the 2 babies. I have left my kids in the car for short periods. However, they were much older than the said.

Old 03-28-2014, 11:45 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i guess i was raised in a different era [and in a small town], but i distinctly recall being left in the car with my sister many times as a kid while mom did whatever, and no one thought a thing of it.
LOL, yes, I remember that, too.

Myself and three of my siblings were left in the car when my mother went to the hospital to have her fifth child (dad was with her)! It was in July and hot as hell, but, there we were!

Old 03-28-2014, 11:48 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Couldn't one of the dads or other relative babysit for a couple hours? Or at least use child support from one of the dads to pay a babysitter.
Why do you assume two dads? Or receipt of child support?

Old 03-28-2014, 11:50 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Don't you think she would have done something differently if she had a choice?
Or do you assume she's just dumb?

Old 03-28-2014, 11:51 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,938,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The children are 6 and 24 months old. They were left for 45 minutes.

Is it really in the best interests of the children to leave them with their mother?
I'll take dysfunctional Mother over dysfunctional foster home 9 times out of 10. This is certainly one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies