Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2014, 09:56 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times

Advertisements

ABC Uses Footage of Hateful Westboro Baptist to Slime CEO Who Opposes Gay Marriage | NewsBusters

Dont anyone ever try and claim that the media isnt biased and corrupt. To equate being against gay marriage to the Westboro scum is despicable, false, and goes to show you how journalism is dead.

On another note. I wish I could convince these radicals that the internet and the service providers dont support gay marriage. How nice would it be to have our internet free of these radical bullies.....

Old 04-05-2014, 09:56 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Better stop using computers Edward, since everything you use is made by a pro-gay company.
Not the most important part:

Uh oh: 60% of Intel employees who donated in Prop 8 debate supported banning gay marriage « Hot Air

Old 04-05-2014, 09:57 AM

2,395 posts, read 3,013,254 times
Uninstalled Mozilla Firefox last night. Will be sending their Board a letter letting them know that on Monday.

Old 04-05-2014, 09:57 AM

1,074 posts, read 758,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
First he should not have caved in, second I can't believe what a bunch of wussy cry babies Homosexuals are.
I agree. They cannot allow freedom of speech if it doesn't agree with their agenda. Moreover, they cannot allow a law to stand that doesn't agree with their agenda, even if a majority voted against it.

Our constitutional republic is in danger. Free Speech (a pillar of that republic) is in danger, and so is religious freedom. Virtually everything our founders stood for, and the ideas embodied in our Constitution are under attack by the "progressive" Left, which includes the homosexual wing (perhaps their greatest ally).

If we don't take a stand against this corruption and lawlessness, freedom will be lost for all of mankind forever. "The Road To Serfdom" is very short. We are well on our way.

Old 04-05-2014, 09:59 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnynrat View Post
Uninstalled Mozilla Firefox last night. Will be sending their Board a letter letting them know that on Monday.
I am doing the same on my pc's. Ive sent them messages as well, thanking them on making the Uninstall an easy process and shaming them for caving to radical bullies.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:00 AM

2,982 posts, read 4,101,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Java and Javascript have nothing to do with each other. Eich developer Javascript. He had nothing to do with Java as far as I know.
My mistake. I assumed JavaScript was a scripted from of Java.

From the JavaScript Wikipedia entry:

A common misconception is that JavaScript is similar or closely related to Java. It is true that both have a C-like syntax (the C language being their most immediate common ancestor language). They also are both typically sandboxed (when used inside a browser), and JavaScript was designed with Java's syntax and standard library in mind. In particular, all Java keywords were reserved in original JavaScript, JavaScript's standard library follows Java's naming conventions, and JavaScript's Math and Date objects are based on classes from Java 1.0,[25] but the similarities end there.

However, JavaScript may not be quite as common as Java, it is still used in a variety of programming applications:

Google's Chrome extensions, Opera's extensions, Apple's Safari 5 extensions, Apple's Dashboard Widgets, Microsoft's Gadgets, Yahoo! Widgets, Google Desktop Gadgets, and Serence Klipfolio are implemented using JavaScript.

Adobe's Acrobat and Adobe Reader support JavaScript in PDF files.[73]

Tools in the Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, and InDesign, allow scripting through JavaScript.

OpenOffice.org, an office application suite, allows JavaScript to be used as a scripting language.

The interactive music signal processing software Max/MSP released by Cycling '74, offers a JavaScript model of its environment for use by developers. It allows much more precise control than the default GUI-centric programming model.

Apple's Logic Pro X digital audio workstation (DAW) software can create custom MIDI effects plugins using JavaScript.

ECMAScript was included in the VRML97 standard for scripting nodes of VRML scene description files.

Sphere is an open-source and cross-platform computer program designed primarily to make role-playing games that use JavaScript as a scripting language.

The open-source Re-Animator framework allows developing 2D sprite-based games using JavaScript and XML.[74]

The Unity game engine supports a modified version of JavaScript for scripting via Mono.[75]

DX Studio (3D engine) uses the SpiderMonkey implementation of JavaScript for game and simulation logic.[76]

Maxwell Render (rendering software) provides an ECMA standard based scripting engine for tasks automation.[77]

Google Apps Script in Google Spreadsheets and Google Sites allows users to create custom formulas, automate repetitive tasks and also interact with other Google products such as Gmail.[78]

Many IRC clients, like ChatZilla or XChat, use JavaScript for their scripting abilities.[79][80]

SpinetiX products use the SpiderMonkey JavaScript engine to allow scripting within SVG files to create digital signage projects.[81]

Cloud Party virtual world uses a limited version of JavaScript/ECMAScript 5 as in-world scripting language.[82]

GNOME Shell, the shell for the GNOME 3 desktop environment,[90] made JavaScript its default programming language in 2013.[91]

So again, it would be much more difficult to avoid JavaScript than it would merely substituting Chrome for Mozilla.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:03 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamencoFreak View Post
I agree. They cannot allow freedom of speech if it doesn't agree with their agenda. Moreover, they cannot allow a law to stand that doesn't agree with their agenda, even if a majority voted against it.

Our constitutional republic is in danger. Free Speech (a pillar of that republic) is in danger, and so is religious freedom. Virtually everything our founders stood for, and the ideas embodied in our Constitution are under attack by the "progressive" Left, which includes the homosexual wing (perhaps their greatest ally).

If we don't take a stand against this corruption and lawlessness, freedom will be lost for all of mankind forever. "The Road To Serfdom" is very short. We are well on our way.
Again, how in God's name is this a Free Speech issue? Where in the story did some government actor curtail his rights?

Old 04-05-2014, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
I always love it when people try to creatively redefine the freedom of speech.

The freedom of speech does not protect people from critics, it protects the claimants and the critics speech from government retribution. It does not protect a company from boycotts, people have the right to buy products (or donate their time/money) where they please. It doesn't force others to support people's speech. It doesn't force a company to keep you if the company feels your speech is harming its image.

What always gets me is that people claim pro-gay rights groups are bigots for speaking against groups, or boycotting, but anti-gay groups (like One Million Moms) doing the exact same thing not only are exempt...they get praised. These people don't get that the rest of the world sees the hypocrisy and the only people they are fooling is themselves. Self delusion is a powerful tool for hatred.
If you had read the article I posted (which you probably didn't, as my OP was hijacked and moved to this thread) you would see that freedom of speech can protect a person from "wrongful termination" (as in this case) because of political views or religious affiliation. Mozilla could be sued, if Brendan Eich chose to, depending on the terms of his discharge (was it truly voluntary, or was their coercion?) We do not know the details or terms of his stepping down.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:07 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamencoFreak View Post
Oh, please! Where have conservatives ever attempted to control a woman's "access" to birth control? Even Catholics, are not prevented from using it, even though the Church's position has not changed.

Abortion is another matter, as it takes a human life, and not only does it take a life, but has taken the lives of children well beyond what is the current "viable" age (such as the heinous practice of "partial birth abortion).

This is why they have fought to change the definition of marriage, and separate it from any religious origins.

Homosexuality and so-called homosexual marriage is a perversion. It always will be, no matter how hard Leftists try to "normalize" it.

Here we go again. Your opinion is that it is not acceptable to voice our view. How hypocritical! "Free speech for me, but not for thee." Right?

This goes beyond the debate over marriage, which is what I tried to point out in my original thread, before it was hijacked and added to this one.

This is a debate about whether we will continue to have Free Speech in America, which is something that Progressives would love to eliminate, as part of their campaign to get rid of the Constitution. It is a discussion that needs to take place, but again, was shut down on this forum when my OP was moved here, making it only about the Mozilla scandal.
I suggest you read a paper for the answer to your first question. I am not getting into an abortion debate. conservatives oppose abortion and birth control for women to control the sexual behavior of women.

conservatives who oppose abortion are the same conservatives who wanted to cut welfare which mostly goes to single moms and children and WIC which goes to feeding new born babies because they believed that women were having babies to get more welfare checks and more WIC.

In other words when that baby is born, conservatives are like the mother and the baby are on their own basically, that is not the legislative agenda that people who care about the mom or the baby would pursue, but it is the legislative agenda of people who want to control women's sexual behavior would employ.

In terms of your homosexual marriage rant. You mis read me. People can voice whatever opinion about homosexuality that they like. The question remains is will that anti-homosexual marriage viewpoint be deemed acceptable or not.

This is the conservative last stand plea on this issue. They are attempting to carve out a space that the anti-homosexual marriage viewpoint isn't one necessarily based on bigotry/homophobia. In other words conservatives are saying being anti-homosexual marriage is a different kind of discrimination than being anti-interracial marriage and shouldn't be treated the same.

It is merely my view that if conservatives are able to hide behind the shield of religious belief they'll use that shield to promote an anti-homosexual political agenda and will never stop fighting gay marriage.

And really at this point this decision is up to the people who support homosexual marriage whether they want to fight this battle forever or end it.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
That's exactly what we are doing to the Republicans and you're right, it works!
Really? We'll find out in 2014 and again in 2016, won't we. Why are Democrats running from Obamacare? Nice try, Alinsky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies