Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2014, 06:35 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,075,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamencoFreak View Post
Then why aren't more of them here on this thread posting in defense of Brendan Eich and his right to vote (which is expressing an opinion, or "free speech") in favor of something he agrees with, without fear of retribution? A read of this thread reveals that (as I and others have called them, if you read the blogs) the "angry mob" action that forced the resignation of Brendan Eich, was supported by the vast majority of homosexuals across the country. As I read it, Mozilla had been inundated with calls by this "mob" demanding his removal. Why did none of you come to his defense?
Two reasons:

1. The people that are the loudest silence the rest. If you identify as gay, you have to follow the powers that be and whatever they decide. The same goes for persecution of gay people by many 'Christian' groups - most people don't like treating others poorly, but they don't speak out.

2. People like to win. My guess is that most people who don't like the 'fascism' of gay activists don't primarily have an issue with their methods. Rather, they're opposed to gay rights and have no problem employing the same 'fascist' methods on the other side. My contention is that the gay rights movement holds the moral high ground, so they should act like it and not try to create the same system as their opponents with opposite beliefs.

Old 04-07-2014, 06:39 AM

1,074 posts, read 758,082 times
Default Great post!

Thank you for this excellent post. Much of what you posted, I already knew, but I did not know the story of how Mr. Eich had invented Java Script in so short a time. A testament to his brilliance.

When a company bows to minority pressure (mob rule) and rids itself of it's "brain," there will be consequences. It will be interesting to see if Mozilla survives. If it does survive, it surely will not be the company that Mr. Eich created. It will become just another player, and a minor one at that, in the myriad of other tech companies.

In other words, my suspicions are that because of their action against Brendan Eich, they will will soon lose their leadership position in the industry. They will have learned their lesson, but it will be to late. There will be no recovery, and because of their thoughtlessness, and mishandling of the situation with Mr. Eich's critics, other employees will lose their jobs, as Mozilla becomes less of a force, and downsizing begins. That is my prediction. We will see. "Actions have consequences", Mr. Eich's critics have told us. Indeed they do.

If Mozilla thinks they "adhere to a higher standard," then if they are not hypocrites, they should fire all employees who may have voted in favor of Prop 8. Fair is fair. How can a company claim they are open to all views, and yet fire someone who holds a different view than an angry mob of activists who mounted an attack on the company? Their craven action belies their claim.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:09 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
To all you hysterical anti-gay crusaders:

I know you might have to calm down a lot before you will take my word for it, but....

There really AREN'T hordes of rabid vicious homosexuals under your beds terrorising dust bunnies and waiting to jump out and shove dust bunnies down your throats to stop you from saying whatever you want to say.

Go look. Right now.

And better get a dust pan. The dust bunnies are real.

The facts are real enough. The reality is if you don't support homosexuality, you will be punished in different ways. Financially or losing your job or business.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:15 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,178,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
What a tool!

You work for a California based tech company, and you make a donation towards an anti gay proposition when you work in an industry that is STRONGLY pro-gay?

Really? In California?

What did he think the response would be?

So, we should cave into bigots?

Old 04-07-2014, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
It is a free country, but words and actions have consequences. A business predicting losses based on the words or actions of an employee must decide what's in the best interest of the company. Capitalism 101.
Nope. Not even close. Capitalism does not cave into bigots. The homosexual lobby has declared a war of revenge on anyone that does not agree with them.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:18 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
So, we should cave into bigots?
As long as emotion reigns supreme over logic, yes.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
He wasn't punished for his thoughts. He was punished for his actions.

Funny how no one was upset when O'Reilly went after Ludacris and got him dropped from a Pepsi campaign. That was ok apparently. How about Luda's free speech?

How about when O'Reilly AND Hannity went after Common and raised hell about him going to the White House. Why? Because they didn't like him using his "free speech" rights in a song to support Assata Shakur.

This Mozilla guy donated money to an anti gay campaign, and many of his customers are either gay or support gay rights. That was stupid. You've gotta be smarter than that.
It was not a anti-gay campaign. It was a issue of defining marriage between a man and a woman. We did have a right to free speech, but no longer. The homosexual lobby has determined a path of revenge is in their best interest.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:20 AM

1,074 posts, read 758,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Again I am afraid this kind of thing will be against ordinary people too. When I lived in Maryland I did not sign the anti-gay marriage petition but I signed and circulated a petition opposing the illegal alien Dream Act.

Soon these tactics will be used against people who are not liberal on ANY particular issue! Liberals are also passionate about supporting illegal immigration and gun control. And I guess that CEO was not entitled to his personal life? And what he does with his personal money? I am afraid future employers will penalize me for my opposition to illegal immigration.

I think this is the continuum of liberalism. Anyone who supports gay marriage will probably also support illegal immigration, and anyone who supports illegal immigration will also support abortion. If someone supports gay marriage they most definitely will also support the Illegal ALien Dream Act and illegal alien amnesty.
I agree with you. I think this presents an ominous picture of what America has become. Apparently, we no longer have a right to "petition our government" via the ballot box. We can be held liable for our vote, subject to "mob action" against us, because of our vote, or donation to a cause we believe in.

Prop 8 was supported by a majority of Californians. Moreover, similar measures in other states have passed (but have all been challenged by the "mob" of angry activists).

Barack Obama told Rick Warren's Saddleback congregation in 2008: “I believe that marriage is the union between a man and a woman. Now, for me as a Christian, it’s also a sacred union. God’s in the mix.”

Unlike the civil rights movement of the 60's, there is no biblical grounding for what the homosexuals call "marriage equality." In fact the bible states very clearly that marriage is between a man and a woman. "The two shall become one flesh."

This is why in order to achieve their goal, they must first destroy Christianity, and it's teachings. They attempt to discredit the bible with clever references to other prohibitions in the bible, none of which are relevant. I wonder how they might fare if they attempt to also discredit Islam. They might literally lose their heads!

Neither is there any Constitutional grounding for what they desire, and they are unable to show any harm that has come to them because they cannot "marry."

This is the silencing of "free speech." The destruction of the First Amendment, pure and simple.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The public face of a company matters -especially when it's like The Mozilla Foundation and reliant on volunteers for its success & to develop its product. Eich was a controversial choice to begin with - some board members resigned when he was appointed. The public vote by switching browsers and Eich wasn't the guy to help Firefox regain or maintain market share.
If we as a nation start hiring people on their political beliefs what will we have? A nation of people afraid to speak out against anything and must conform with whatever is the political flavor of the week. What is next? Fire people that don't believe Al Gore and the Global Warming lies?

Old 04-07-2014, 07:27 AM

872 posts, read 827,938 times
What this Man did on his own PERSONAL time with his own PERSONAL money, is not anybody's business. Was he proven to be discriminating towards any homosexuals at work?

Most people know how to leave their beliefs at the door when they are at work. I do not agree with the Muslim's that I work with, but - I do not do not say anything to them. I do not agree with the Lesbian at work, and when she asked me my views on same sex marriage, my response to her, was that has nothing to do with my job. I do not express these views at work. But, I am entitled to my OWN views outside of the work place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies