Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 02:37 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I actually agree with you. I've known highly intelligent and accomplished gays.
So have I.....and their pants all fit properly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2014, 02:20 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassy001 View Post
Actually if could go either way. Either the people for gay marriage or those against gay marriage can take this to the extreme.
Gay and lesbian people are fighting for equal protections under the law and for their families.

Other people are fighting to ensure gay and lesbian do not have equal protection under the law or the same rights as straight people.

Old 04-14-2014, 02:25 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
They're all commenting on this thread as far as I can tell. And what they're upset about is their impression that gays everywhere are upset about this sign, even though the news story makes no mention of any gays anywhere, except the lesbian who works there who is not upset.

I swear, you can't make this stuff up.
The OP did.

Old 04-14-2014, 04:31 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,052,144 times
Speaking as a homo, the sign is pretty imature. But what can you do when people openly display their bigotry?

I tell you, whenever these stories appear, it's not so much the business owner that offends me. Yeah sure, it's extremely insulting but it's just one guy being an absolute moron. It's moreso the people who come to the defence of them, and try to downplay the discrimination and lack of equal rights gay people face and how uncomfortable it is for some openly gay people to even be social. And why do they defend these bigots? I don't get why some people have such an obsession with downplaying gay issues and insulting us.

Walk a mile in our shoes first, and then say it isn't a big deal.

Old 04-14-2014, 04:38 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,576,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
Speaking as a homo, the sign is pretty imature. But what can you do when people openly display their bigotry?

I tell you, whenever these stories appear, it's not so much the business owner that offends me. Yeah sure, it's extremely insulting but it's just one guy being an absolute moron. It's moreso the people who come to the defence of them, and try to downplay the discrimination gay people face and how uncomfortable it is for some gay people to even be social.

Walk a mile in our shoes first, and then say it isn't a big deal.
Well, I'm a homo also. I think the sign is pretty funny. Why? Because I can't stand people with their pants half way down either. And I know those kind of people are deathly afraid of being associated with homos.

Just don't worry about it so much. We really can't do anything about christian bigotry. They have the moral high grounds anyway *wink wink*. It's less of a headache if you just ignore them.

Old 04-14-2014, 04:40 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,052,144 times
I suppose you're right.

But the sign is misleading. I'm gay. My pants are super baggy. But I'm a top. They need to add a line of text "Or **** other f*aggots up ass." I demand to be insulted equally.

Old 04-14-2014, 07:02 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
The act of wearing one's pants half way down their butt came from the jails , where men wore their pants sagging off their butt to express they would participate in gay sex.

It traveled to the public masses in the eighties and continues with a fashion industry making pants to hang off the butt. The origin of the practice of wearing their saggy pants is advertising for homosexual sex. That is the argument for the sign. The person who wrote the sign knows the origin of the saggy pants statement.

Old 04-14-2014, 07:16 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
I suppose you're right.

But the sign is misleading. I'm gay. My pants are super baggy. But I'm a top. They need to add a line of text "Or **** other f*aggots up ass." I demand to be insulted equally.
And some needs to know that to sell you a bag of chips and a pop????

What ever happen the hanky thing from years ago???

Old 04-14-2014, 07:39 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
at least the sign is effective in doing what it was intended to do, get people to pull their damn pants up.
It also got the store a lot of free advertising. I would wager that business revenue is up.

Old 04-14-2014, 07:52 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
The only people I see whining are the ones trying convince themselves that there is some rabid gay army who is 'outraged' at this silly humor.

It's actually seems to be targeted at young males in a small town who still think 'jailin' is fashionable.
Did I state anything about this article, specifically? My post was for all the whining done by people over words. Get. Over. It.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies