Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 07:29 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Considering how deeply opposed conservatives are to gay rights, aren't they going to side with the Muslims on this matter?
I'm not opposed to anyone's rights...I'm just not big on "special" rights. And I'm not siding with anyone on this, but it will be fun watching you libs twist and turn on this one. Have fun...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2014, 08:04 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,933,771 times
They should be fired. I wonder though, bakeries/photographers have lost in court when arguing their religious beliefs prohibit them from servicing gays, but in this instance it isn't the cab company but individuals who are declining to serve gays. So.. Can the company be held liable in court? Or maybe to reduce liability the company instead cans the drivers, only to be sued by them for religious discrimination? I'd be very interested to see it tested in court. It definitely puts the cab companies in a bad spot no matter what they do.

Old 04-19-2014, 08:05 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimazee View Post
Soon to come? Maybe things like Christian, Agnostic, Libertarian, Muslim, Homo phobe, Bise x ual, Bigot, Brown, and Asian-American, Caucasian games? Lots of potential here?

...or do some of these already exist?
Sounds like you agree.

Old 04-19-2014, 08:10 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,180,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimazee View Post
Soon to come? Maybe things like Christian, Agnostic, Libertarian, Muslim, Homo phobe, Bise x ual, Bigot, Brown, and Asian-American, Caucasian games? Lots of potential here?

...or do some of these already exist?
The "gay games" have been around a long time. Not sure why anyone would care.

There is a also a Maccabi games for Jewish athletes. Not sure why any one not Jewish would care.

There are the ParaLympics too.

Old 04-19-2014, 08:12 AM

15,865 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Another vote for firing them.

When will certain members of the right wing understand that support Muslims' right to exist peacefully and respectfully in the United States and opposing animosity posed against them as an aggregate does not mean that they get a free pass?

Old 04-19-2014, 09:00 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
You know, that's a very good point. I am eager to hear the response.

Oh please...allow me:

Notwithstanding tagging everything with the term "rights" to make it palatable (), one striking difference between conservatives and liberals is that we conservatives are firm believers in Niemoller's "First they came for....." message. Unlike you, apparently, we defend all of the constitutional amendments.

Old 04-19-2014, 09:03 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,881,667 times
So the cabbies who leave their cabs filthy, talk like animals on their phones while driving, don't help with bags, have as much customer service skills as a liberal has common sense, and have a lead foot and horrible driving skills are refusing to take people in cabs? LMFAO. Solution..don't get into their cab in the first place. The funny thing is 95 percent of these cabbies and their gay customers that they are shunning probably support the same candidate and same political party.

Old 04-19-2014, 09:07 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,584,802 times
Talking Muslim drivers at Cleveland airport refuse to drive cabs with Gay Games advertising

Intolerant Muslim nutjobs and intolerant RWNJs = same-same.

They should be best buds.

Old 04-19-2014, 09:14 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,595,964 times
If they were white Christians the DOJ would have impounded their cabs and threatened to have the Feds shoot their families.

You know, for "intolerance".

Old 04-19-2014, 09:15 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I'm not opposed to anyone's rights...I'm just not big on "special" rights. And I'm not siding with anyone on this, but it will be fun watching you libs twist and turn on this one..
You must be deriving very little "fun" from this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies