Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 09:24 AM

684 posts, read 515,237 times

Advertisements

First let me say I watch Fox News almost every day so I am not anti Fox News per say. However last night Bill O’Reilly had Donald Trump on the O’Reilly Factor and got owned in the worst way possible. Bill O’Reilly lost a great deal of credibility for being an honorable and honest man. Bill O’Reilly showed he is not a man of his word and will not only NOT keep his word but will grovel and even become petty to the point of looking foolish. Bill O’Reilly got owned because he is now exposed as just another dishonest puppet.

Bill O’Reilly if you’re reading this you looked pathetic last night and I lost a great deal of respect for you.

You said

Quote:
“But I’m not going to listen to any political person who tells me not to ask anything. But, you’re absolutely an honest man that I said I would try not to do it. But the milkshake thing just overwhelmed me. But I’m asking you to reconsider it,” O’Reilly said. –
No Bill you gave Trump your word as a man that you would not ask him to participate in the debate or bring it up and you went back on your word. Trump can be boisterous all day long and people either love him or hate him but you stooped to the level of trickery, dishonesty, and pettiness just to pacify your puppet masters at Fox News.

It’s one thing not to let listen to any politician who tells you something but entirely different when you give someone your word you won’t do something but then break your word then go back on it and then try to spin it like you never made such an agreement. Truly pathetic on your part!

[quote]O’Reilly conceded he had made a prior agreement not to ask Trump to reconsider attending the debate.[/quote]

Trump again walks away from Fox News looking like the victor against petty behavior from supposedly top notch journalists.

I'd find it funny (and hope) Trump sends Bill O’Reilly 17 Milkshakes just as a fun jester to shut Bill O’Reilly up

[MOD CUT]

Source:

‘I’m the Flagship on Fox. We Treated You Fairly’: O’Reilly Faces Off With Trump Over Fox News Debate | Video | TheBlaze.com

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-28-2016 at 10:32 AM.. Reason: copyright violation/hotlinking
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2016, 09:39 AM

3,062 posts, read 7,037,940 times
Cool a fun jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Lurker View Post

I'd find it funny (and hope) Trump sends Bill O’Reilly 17 Milkshakes just as a fun jester to shut Bill O’Reilly up
Let's let Donald Trump be the fun jester.

Old 01-28-2016, 09:50 AM

684 posts, read 515,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
Let's let Donald Trump be the fun jester.

Regardless of what we do with Trump the fact is that Bill O'Reilly lost credibility by not honoring his word.

This thread is regarding Bill O'Reilly stooping to such levels of not keeping his word, groveling, and being petty when he has always promoted himself as being above such things.

Old 01-28-2016, 09:53 AM

27,660 posts, read 16,151,349 times
oreally, top notch journalist? i dont think there is such thing

Old 01-28-2016, 09:58 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,961,711 times
They've spent 20 years helping raise this Frankenstein's monster and now watching all of the self professed put-upon conservative patriots turning on FOX news because of Trump is just so gleefully entertaining.

Old 01-28-2016, 09:58 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,319,393 times
Sorry, OP, but my opinion of the O'Reilly/Trump show last night just canceled out yours.

Old 01-28-2016, 10:00 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,474,039 times
So... Trump only does interviews if a host agrees not to ask certain questions or mention certain topics?
I'm on O'Reillys side on this censorship/media-image bull****.

Old 01-28-2016, 10:01 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,073,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
oreally, top notch journalist? i dont think there is such thing
O'Reilly is a talking head, but he's been in the business for a long time and has had the top rated show on Fox for many years, so he's paid his dues and I can respect that. But yeah.............I watched last night and he ended up looking foolish by Trump. They had an agreement, O'Reilly publicly broke the agreement, Trump called him on it. Trump came out on top in that conversation.

Old 01-28-2016, 10:02 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
It's illegal to post a photo of a big milkshake at lunchtime.

O'Reilly has a habit of lecturing his guests like he's the parent and they're the kid who needs to pay attention. The only thing he doesn't do is wag his finger. He did it to Trump but he does it to all of his guests. That doesn't make it right, just expected.

Old 01-28-2016, 10:05 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,319,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
O'Reilly is a talking head, but he's been in the business for a long time and has had the top rated show on Fox for many years, so he's paid his dues and I can respect that. But yeah.............I watched last night and he ended up looking foolish by Trump. They had an agreement, O'Reilly publicly broke the agreement, Trump called him on it. Trump came out on top in that conversation.
Actually, it's the public that came out on top because now we know without a doubt that Trump doesn't agree to do interviews if he can't control the narrative and question list. No wonder the big baby pulled out of the debate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies