Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Adult Siblings Marry?
Yes they should 32 35.56%
No they should not 56 62.22%
Dont know 2 2.22%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 12:34 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,264,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
So if liberal Philomena Batchegaloop marries liberal Cody Batchegaloop, her brother, and they had a baby named Poindexter, he would be Poindexter Batchegaloup-Batchegalop...and they would all live in the parent's basement?
Hasn't most of the inbreeding occurred in Alabama, Tennessee, Arkansas and the surrounding states?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2014, 12:36 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
What? So do a lot of heterosexual marriages. But two teens who aren't related having consensual sex isn't a horrific act of abuse. Raping your sister is. It's unfortunate you can't see how those might be different.
If it was actual rape, I expect the problem to be self-correcting, in that victims of rape who are adults and have a choice, will not elect to marry the rapist. If it was not actual forcible rape, but only an age thing, it's entirely analogous to the "two teens" and ceases to be anyone else's business.

Quote:
A simple signature would still make for easy fraud.
People who want to commit fraud in that way can do it now just as easily. Nobody is recommending dropping penalties for fraud.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:38 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,185,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post

If it was actual rape, I expect the problem to be self-correcting, in that victims of rape who are adults and have a choice, will not elect to marry the rapist. If it was not actual forcible rape, but only an age thing, it's entirely analogous to the "two teens" and ceases to be anyone else's business.
You underestimate the power of abuse and the dynamic of abuse in the family unit and science disagrees with you.

But I'm glad to see that right wingers hate gays so much, they're willing to argue at length in favor of sister rape.

Quote:
People who want to commit fraud in that way can do it now just as easily. Nobody is recommending dropping penalties for fraud.
You just want to facilitate it.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:41 PM

I'm just glad now we know what the right means when they talk about traditional family values.

They're talking about incest.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:46 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
You underestimate the power of abuse and the dynamic of abuse in the family unit and science disagrees with you.
Ideologically motivated woo-woo science, for sure. You underestimate the biological power and significance of--to use the scientific term--horniness.

Quote:
But I'm glad to see that right wingers hate gays so much, they're willing to argue at length in favor of sister rape.
I trust you're not crazy enough to classify me as a right-winger, but since you don't know what rape is, perhaps I'm mistaken about that.

Quote:
You just want to facilitate it.
Mr. Psychology gets it wrong again. Knock me over with a feather.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:47 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
keep those flowers in the attic

Old 04-24-2014, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Ideologically motivated woo-woo science, for sure. You underestimate the biological power and significance of--to use the scientific term--horniness.
That's meaningless and a weak attempt to get around the simple fact that nearly every single time siblings have sex, one of them is the victim of abuse, something you can't say about gay or straight non-related couples. You fail.

Quote:
I trust you're not crazy enough to classify me as a right-winger, but since you don't know what rape is, perhaps I'm mistaken about that.
I trust you're not stupid enough to be so desperate to attack gay marriage that you're willing to go to great lengths to support incest because you're, for lack of a better term, wedded to a terrible analogy that you should just abandon by now.

Quote:
Mr. Psychology gets it wrong again. Knock me over with a feather.
lol

Old 04-24-2014, 12:51 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Homosexuality and anal sex were once outlawed. There was a time when it could have never been envisioned that two homosexual men could marry each other. Today, we have homosexuals getting married.

Using liberal ideology, and the homo-activism associated with it, of course siblings should be able to get married. Why not? What's the difference between two men and brothers and sisters getting married?

Liberals have never been able to comprehend the "slippery slope" theory. It's absolutely beyond their intellectual reach. That's why they have avoided this thread. They are now being confronted with a theory that their emotional (not logical) minds can't understand.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:52 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
No. Genetics.
This. I'd also add that the complexity of family relationships makes consent much more unclear.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Homosexuality and anal sex were once outlawed. There was a time when it could have never been envisioned that two homosexual men could marry each other. Today, we have homosexuals getting married.

Using liberal logic, of course siblings should be able to get married. Liberals have never been able to comprehend the "slippery slope" theory. It's absolutely beyond their intellectual reach. That's why they have avoided this thread. They are now being confronted with a theory that they don't understand.
That's not liberal logic, that's right wing logic. As evidenced by the fact that only right wingers are putting forth this idea.

Why are you guys so pro-incest?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies