Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 01:31 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times

Advertisements

Pretty much everything is directed against him
Endless accusations
And he is the only goose laying golden eggs
40 years of declawing him will prove to be a costly error

Old 05-01-2014, 01:41 PM

52 posts, read 58,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodmuse View Post
White dudes are spoiled from always being first in the past. Welcome to the rest of us.

Wrong you left wing dummy...MANY White European groups have faced a huge amount of discrimination in this country...Hell basically EVERY group/ethnicity/race other than Anglo Protestants Natives from Britain and Germany faced discrimination at one point in time in this country.....Plenty of Whites were extremely poor in this country and were treated like second class citizens.

Italians, The Irish, Eastern Europeans, Jews etc faced MUCH more institutionalized discrimination than border hoping illegal Latinos have in the present time......And unlike the border hopping Latinos even despite being discriminated against Italians, Irish, Eastern Europeans all tried hard to learn English and assimilate.

Hispanics are just your typical immigrant group...I see absolutely NO reason to give them any special privileges or preferences like we do with Blacks (I can understand this because Blacks have been heavily discriminated against in this country)...I see absolutely no reason to give Women any special treatment or privileges either....

Italians, Irish and Eastern Euros all faced much worse institutionalized discrimination when they came over to the US than Hispanics have.

Typical leftist fool who has no understanding on REAL American history other than "White=Bad and Dark=good der de der"

Old 05-01-2014, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodmuse View Post
White dudes are spoiled from always being first in the past. Welcome to the rest of us.

Not to mention White Men have literally created everything of mass value that you see in the world today....Look at all the inventions/discoveries/cures/accomplishments White and Jewish men have created and compare it to the accomplishments from men of other races....It's not even close....White men turned the US and the Western World into the 1st world places developed places that they are.....Leftists may cry in anger, but the truth is the truth and sometimes the truth hurts .

Not saying men of other races can't or aren't capable of doing the same....Just for some reason they haven't up to this point in time in history.

Old 05-01-2014, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebrator View Post
Not just white men. Showing contempt for all white people is en vogue. But you're right, denigrating the white man is especially en vogue. Just look at quite a few commercials and films these days in which white men are portrayed as stupid, "racist", unfashionable, nebbishy, nerdy, backwards, and so on, and that white people should sit back and endure the most scathing criticism of their people and their ways.

After all, maybe it's deserved. Let us look at all the evil the white man has brought on this world:

> democracy
> the airplane
> the automobile
> written languages, and sometimes putting other peoples' language into written form for them
> modern air conditioning
> modern plumbing
> the laser
> various medicines and other forms of healthcare, which tripled the lifespans of some other people
> programs like the National School Lunch Act, which so many non-whites depend upon
> environmentalist groups, many of which have little no non-white on board
> the refrigerator
> the telephone
> the computer transistor
> and too many things to mention here.

What's ironic is that with all the dislike (and hatred) for white people, non-whites keep pouring into white countries. Disliking someone and following him around--interesting.

This times 100

Old 05-01-2014, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitegocubs View Post
Man, I can't believe these comments are made with a straight face. If you don't believe in privilege, etc... would you drop your kid off (forever) to be raised in a poor black, Hispanics, Hmong, [etc..] community and expect them to do just as well as if you had raised them? If not, why do you blame the kids who grow up uneducated and angry and relatively impoverished from those backgrounds?Why do you believe it is unfair to use affirmative action to rectify past wrongs?

Without much, much more drastic affirmative action and redistribution of wealth, all you have are perpetual cycles of inequality that the majority pretends just magically appeared. No, they appeared and persist for very real reasons, though it appears that many posters have made thinly veiled Bell Curve arguments (i.e. white people are just naturally superior to most other racial groups). And it doesn't matter whether or not you are personally responsible, what DOES matter is that you are now at a great advantage though no choice of your own. There are whole slices of society that you don't have to compete with economically because they were "taken out" of the running before they were 14 or 16.

Black families (per household) have never had more than 6% of the average assets of white families (per household). "Never" is the key word, because it shows how intergenerational the issues are; yes, the effects of segregation and slavery have never disappeared. By pretending we have a colorblind society, all we do is perpetuate and enforce the lingering effects of discrimination.

Finally, the idea that straight, white men have it rough is just total BS. You have it better than any other category of humans at any point in recorded history, excepting perhaps the last 50 years if you were ALSO a straight, white male.

I don't like the lumping in of every "non white" group in with historically discriminated groups like Blacks.....Hispanics are just your typical immigrant group no more and no less....Why the hell do White people owe them anything? I don't owe Latinos a damn thing and neither does anyone else in this country....We don't owe them any additional opportunities through government assistance and affirmative action....They are just a typical immigrant group that has faced alot LESS discrimination in American society than many of the prior immigrant groups have.....

Once again "white does NOT equal bad and privileged and dark does not equal good and oppressed" in reality the history of this country is much more complicated and complex than that false leftwing garbage.....Some Whites have had it hard and some have been very privileged.....Some White groups like Italians and Eastern Europeans have been heavily discriminated against and others have help tons of power throughout society since the nations founding (the WASP Whites)..... The same variables apply for any race/ethnicity/group......How about White people from Appalachia (the poorest group of people in the entire country) are they "privileged"???? Appalachian Whites are the poorest group of people in the entire country yet they only get 1/10th the assistance that poor Blacks and Latinos (once again I don't understand why we put so much effort into accommodating for Hispanics....they have not faced much discrimination at all)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitegocubs View Post
Man, I can't believe these comments are made with a straight face. If you don't believe in privilege, etc... would you drop your kid off (forever) to be raised in a poor black, Hispanics, Hmong, [etc..] community and expect them to do just as well as if you had raised them? If not, why do you blame the kids who grow up uneducated and angry and relatively impoverished from those backgrounds?Why do you believe it is unfair to use affirmative action to rectify past wrongs?
How the hell does that relate to "privilege"?? Blacks/Hispanics have a huge amount of kids when they are unable to afford them and then the whole thing goes to hell.....Whites (and upper class minorities) are generally much more responsible in family planning and thus don't strain all their economic resources raising 5+ kids when they are making 8 dollars an hour.....That isn't "privilege".....it's one group/class showing personal responsibility and the other not showing personal responsibility.

Once again more illogical leftwing garbage.

Old 05-01-2014, 02:08 PM

8,982 posts, read 21,171,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Libertarian View Post
Wrong you left wing dummy...
I hesitate to "pull the moderator card" since this isn't my jurisdiction per se...but you should know that such expression is not in the spirit of the Terms of Service.

Quote:
MANY White European groups have faced a huge amount of discrimination in this country...Hell basically EVERY group/ethnicity/race other than Anglo Protestants Natives from Britain and Germany faced discrimination at one point in time in this country.....Plenty of Whites were extremely poor in this country and were treated like second class citizens.
Whatever discrimination white ethnics endured in American history through roughly the first 70 years of the last century, IMO they are currently higher on the social totem pole than most if not all people of color.

Quote:
Italians, The Irish, Eastern Europeans, Jews etc faced MUCH more institutionalized discrimination than border hoping illegal Latinos have in the present time......And unlike the border hopping Latinos even despite being discriminated against Italians, Irish, Eastern Europeans all tried hard to learn English and assimilate.
It's debatable whether undocumented Hispanics are being discriminated against more than many white ethnics were in the past. What are your thoughts on native Hispanic-Americans? Oh wait..

Quote:
Hispanics are just your typical immigrant group...I see absolutely NO reason to give them any special privileges or preferences like we do with Blacks (I can understand this because Blacks have been heavily discriminated against in this country)
Although I'm once again glad to see that we have common ground regarding our thoughts on discrimination against Blacks over time, Hispanic-Americans have faced their share of discrimination and continue to do so to a degree not very different from what Blacks may currently face as a whole.

Quote:
...I see absolutely no reason to give Women any special treatment or privileges either....
Yes, you've made your thoughts about women very clear in this thread.

Quote:
Italians, Irish and Eastern Euros all faced much worse institutionalized discrimination when they came over to the US than Hispanics have.
Again, you are entitled to your opinion.

Quote:
Typical leftist fool who has no understanding on REAL American history other than "White=Bad and Dark=good der de der"
Based on your opening and closing statements, I would strongly recommend that you review the Terms of Service as well as the parameters of the Current Events forum.

Old 05-01-2014, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Libertarian View Post
This times 100
I'd encourage you to read my own response to Cerebrator's post for another perspective.

Old 05-01-2014, 02:11 PM

Closed for moderator review.
Moderator cut: and will not be re-opened. Yac.

Last edited by Yac; 05-05-2014 at 02:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies