Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you care about what Donald Sterling said
Yes 36 14.34%
No I Do Not Care 235 93.63%
Other 11 4.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 251. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 06:24 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times

Advertisements

What I find hilarious is that the president of the NBA announced all sorts of actions against Sterling.

And Sterling can give him a hearty FU and what can the NBA do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2014, 06:25 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
It bothers me that a guy so successful and seemingly smart...would have a such a sub-optimal Girlfriend...who would illegally record a PRIVATE conversation and publish it.

I don't really care about basketball....and the stupid pandering that so many do to appease a CERTAIN GROUP of people.
Not only that, but how can you have that much money and some brains, yet THAT is what you pick for your g/f?!?! Look at her, if you are going to be old and snag some money grubbing who re, at least get one that carriers her self well and doesnt look like a he-she. I swear, I wouldnt be shocked if it has male anatomy down there. Perhaps, thats what he's into I suppose.

Old 04-30-2014, 06:26 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
It bothers me that a guy so successful and seemingly smart...would have a such a sub-optimal Girlfriend...who would illegally record a PRIVATE conversation and publish it.

I don't really care about basketball....and the stupid pandering that so many do to appease a CERTAIN GROUP of people.
Again, when Linda Tripp recorded Monica Lewinsky, you all thought it was cute.

It was cute then, so it's cute now. Deal with it.

And you're damn right that that "certain group" is being appeased. They'd better be. They're the product. Deal with that one too.

Old 04-30-2014, 06:30 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
What I find hilarious is that the president of the NBA announced all sorts of actions against Sterling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Not only that, but how can you have that much money and some brains, yet THAT is what you pick for your g/f?!?! Look at her, if you are going to be old and snag some money grubbing who re, at least get one that carriers her self well and doesnt look like a he-she. I swear, I wouldnt be shocked if it has male anatomy down there. Perhaps, thats what he's into I suppose.
His players can drive his franchise right into the poorhouse...when he can't keep his top talent and he can't attract free agents, GAME OVER!

As for his girlfriend, you guys need to lay off since I doubt y'all could do any better. I mean, he's a millionaire...maybe even a billionaire and that's the best he can do apparently. You guys are broke, so I can only imagine what you'd end up with since you wanna go there and talk about her looks.

Old 04-30-2014, 07:31 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,727,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post

2 million bucks is like beer money to the guy......and he bought the team for like 12 million.. if he has to sell it'll @250 million, Do people honestly think he gives a crap about what we think? If I had his money I'd drive around with my zipper down pissing on all of you while I paid somebody to post here

Old 04-30-2014, 08:09 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,705,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
As a black person I can say that I don't really care. Does anyone think that millions of white men don't have similar conversations everyday?
As a white person I can say that I don't really care. Does anyone think that maybe not millions, but hundreds of thousands of black men don't have similar conversations everyday?

Old 04-30-2014, 08:16 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,680 times
In America we have freedom of speech. Be it abusive, profane, stupid, insensitive, ignorant, idiotic, biased, prejudiced, etc etc, ad nauseam, we have the right to say it.

It does however, come with certain responsibilities, and repercussions. I think the NBA went WAY overboard, but I don't care. It's their business. I do hope that he gets the girl who illegally recorded the conversation thrown in jail, I hope his "X" wife gets half of all the gifts he gave to the woman in question, and I hope he drags this the the courts and costs the NBA BILLIONS.

Old 04-30-2014, 08:20 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Do you care about what Donald Sterling said

If so why?

do you guys think this is just a fake story to create a much to do about nothing?
I don't care. It was a private conversation which had no bearing on my life before or after I read about it.

[dog and pony show]

Old 04-30-2014, 09:21 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Do you care about what Donald Sterling said

If so why?

do you guys think this is just a fake story to create a much to do about nothing?

when they start calling out black racists then I will care
what this jerk said was vile, but they ignore it when blacks say vile things

Old 04-30-2014, 09:24 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times
wonder when he is going to sue the crap out of his ***** girlfriend for illegally taping him and the media for playing the tapes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies