Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 02:33 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag_Je View Post
"40 lashes in public" etc. letter that they sent to business owners in larger Muslim neighborhood. It's on youtube and on news how Anjem Choudary and his crew patrol the streets and enforce Sharia law.

Islamists Threaten British Shop Owners with 40 Lashes for Selling Alcohol
I wasn't aware that Subway sold alcohol. This thread is about Subway, and the decision of some shops deciding to sell only halal meat. What were the threats against Subway?

Old 05-01-2014, 02:44 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Good point. Stuck in the past for sure, and lacking the smarts to move with the times.
well there is some evidence that eating halal and kosher foods is actually healthier for you. i will grant it is skimpy evidence at best, but its out there. remember that halal and kosher foods are actually prepared differently and dont have the fillers that non halal and non kosher foods have. take hot dogs for instance, look at the ingredients of the most popular non kosher hot dogs, and compare that to the ingredients in hebrew national or nathans or vienna beef hot dogs, and you will find things in the non kosher dogs that are not in the kosher ones. something else is that with kosher and halal foods, there is little chance of cross contamination of foods, where as with non kosher or halal, there is a much greater chance of cross contamination.

Old 05-01-2014, 02:57 PM

13,419 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
A 3% Muslim market.

Okay, sure. Then that's a stupid business decision.
I live in a neighborhood in Philly where a large number of the Pizza delivery menus make a point of stating they only serve halal meat.

I doubt they're all stupid, and they do know their market.

Old 05-01-2014, 03:15 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,828,690 times
Quote:
Some U.K., Irish Subways ban ham under pressure

So scary how some Subway locations in the UK and Ireland under pressure of Muslims got rid of bacon and ham and replaced it with Halal meat instead.

The point is that the Muslim minorities are trying to ban what is forbidden according to their religious belief, and replace it with "halal", not to include both options.

Shouldnt this be posted in the UK section?

Old 05-01-2014, 03:47 PM

334 posts, read 438,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
Shouldnt this be posted in the UK section?
Who said P & C forum belongs specifically to the USA issues? It's global.

Old 05-01-2014, 03:48 PM

334 posts, read 438,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I wasn't aware that Subway sold alcohol. This thread is about Subway, and the decision of some shops deciding to sell only halal meat. What were the threats against Subway?
Some do. In Germany, McDonald's serve beer. In Canada, they serve poutine and has double Big Mac.

Old 05-01-2014, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Some do. In Germany, McDonald's serve beer. In Canada, they serve poutine and has double Big Mac.
which just goes to show that some stores are catering to their market place. so why worry about it?

Old 05-01-2014, 03:57 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
That's your interpretation. I ask again - what would Jesus do? And the answer is still the same - he would keep Kosher and keep the correct Shabbat. Christians choosing not to follow Christ will always be one of the strangest phenomenons in your religion - especially when other areas of Leviticus (such as beliefs about homosexuality) are still believed to be true.
Wrong! Jesus abolished the dietary restrictions, which were part of "the law" because they had no meaning any longer. But, as a Jew, I suppose you wouldn't know that.

Old 05-01-2014, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Wrong! Jesus abolished the dietary restrictions, which were part of "the law" because they had no meaning any longer. But, as a Jew, I suppose you wouldn't know that.
no he didnt;

Quote:
mathew 5:17-"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
read more here;

Matthew 5:17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

at the time of jesus, the dietary laws had good reason to remain in effect as i pointed out earlier. these days not so much, but eating kosher, or halal, does seem to be healthier for people.

Old 05-01-2014, 04:26 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
And this is in England and Ireland. Where are the threats against the Subway locations in England and Ireland by Muslims?

BTW, some Subway locations started doing this in 2007.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies