Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 01:26 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,626,781 times

Advertisements

in arguments. I hear people frequently complaining about conservatives complaining about Bill Clinton even 7 years after he left office, or complaining about Jimmuh Cartah.

My question is this. What is wrong with bringing these 2 assclowns up if they are going to continuously throw themselves into the public spotlight? Bill is on TV regularly, and he especially enjoys granting interviews to his favorite softball pitchers. Jimmy thinks he can perfect the universe by writing as many books as possible. Either way, thats fine with me if they want to continue to cling to the spotlight rather than quietly fad into the background. But I also think if they want to stay in the spotlight, they should be prepared for the scrutiny that comes with it, and people who think they are great should realize they aren't retired from discussion so long as they keep hanging out in the spotlight. Just my thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2007, 01:30 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,087,528 times
As long as they keep claiming they didnt do stuff they did, they openly invite criticism.

I did not have sex.
I did not support the war.
I did not sell Chinese intelligence.
I did not move to NY to run to get the "experience" so I can run for President.
I did not fund the war.

Every lie = one more reason to bring them up..

Old 12-10-2007, 01:34 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,552,765 times
Depends on your definition of 'mistake'......Seriously, though, in "love and in war"--(and in politics) you're always going to point out the "other guy's" mistakes, bungling, and screw-ups, to show that HE is worse than YOUR guy.....goes way back to cave-man days, I suppose....

Old 12-10-2007, 01:34 PM

2,885 posts, read 1,983,652 times
Bill is the ringleader in campaigning for Hillary and what he stands for, she stands for. If elected, they will be a team so, until then, he is just as much to be spoken about as she. They are a definite duo and have directed their entire adult lives to this end. You will be getting two for one if she wins.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:39 PM

3,982 posts, read 10,459,315 times
if you continue to bring up their mistakes, it takes some of the heat off the current nimrod we have...

Old 12-10-2007, 01:45 PM

4,834 posts, read 6,120,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
in arguments. I hear people frequently complaining about conservatives complaining about Bill Clinton even 7 years after he left office, or complaining about Jimmuh Cartah.

My question is this. What is wrong with bringing these 2 assclowns up if they are going to continuously throw themselves into the public spotlight? Bill is on TV regularly, and he especially enjoys granting interviews to his favorite softball pitchers. Jimmy thinks he can perfect the universe by writing as many books as possible. Either way, thats fine with me if they want to continue to cling to the spotlight rather than quietly fad into the background. But I also think if they want to stay in the spotlight, they should be prepared for the scrutiny that comes with it, and people who think they are great should realize they aren't retired from discussion so long as they keep hanging out in the spotlight. Just my thoughts.
I don't think that either Bill or Hillary deserve to be in the spotlight, let alone run for office. They have both abused the public trust and both turn a deaf ear to The American People unless of course they get to be on TV.....clowns - both of them...fohgeddabowdit. Jimmuh is a whole different topic

Old 12-10-2007, 02:12 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,087,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalblue View Post
if you continue to bring up their mistakes, it takes some of the heat off the current nimrod we have...
We are not bringing up their mistakes to take the heat off the current "nimrod".. he is not running for president..

Old 12-10-2007, 02:20 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
We are not bringing up their mistakes to take the heat off the current "nimrod".. he is not running for president..
WOW! What a coincidence! Neither is Bill Clinton or Jimmy Carter!

Old 12-10-2007, 02:26 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,626,781 times
Really I wasn't referring to elections either. Anyone who goes on book tour interviews, and is willing to interview with their favorite reporters on a regular basis IMO are putting themselves into the mix for discussion.

Notice that even though GHB wasn't that great of a president, not many people mention him, because he stays out of the spotlight most of the time.

Old 12-10-2007, 02:35 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,793,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
Really I wasn't referring to elections either. Anyone who goes on book tour interviews, and is willing to interview with their favorite reporters on a regular basis IMO are putting themselves into the mix for discussion.

Notice that even though GHB wasn't that great of a president, not many people mention him, because he stays out of the spotlight most of the time.
I don't think that is it so much...Conservatives have to blame the current mess on somebody...and the only somebodies they can try to blame it on since 1976 are Clinton and Carter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies