Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 08:25 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Should equal the crime IMO. There is a thread about a guy who buried a girl alive after raping her...........well same should be done to him. Bury his arse.

I don't "forgive" folks who do crap like that. Sorry. That is up to the big guy............

And yes I agree. There are some people like this scumbag that should not walk among us. IMHO the process should have been quicker, and a bullet to the head would have sufficed as well as a cheaper solution. Torturing the guy makes us no better than him in that aspect. I'd at least allow him to beg God for mercy on his soul, and then click... BOOM!

Now having said that.... I know how you feel about the cops and the growing police state based on your previous posts, and I'm suprised you don't see the failure that is the war on drugs. Especially given that our government makes money off of it. Criminalizing Americans for non-violent offenses like drug use is big business to the Prison Industrial Complex. Now, if you're using an intoxicant, and you harm, or kill someone in the process... then throw the book at them. If you murder someone in a drug deal gone bad... then throw the book at them.

Old 05-06-2014, 08:33 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
And yes I agree. There are some people like this scumbag that should not walk among us. IMHO the process should have been quicker, and a bullet to the head would have sufficed as well as a cheaper solution. Torturing the guy makes us no better than him in that aspect. I'd at least allow him to beg God for mercy on his soul, and then click... BOOM!

Now having said that.... I know how you feel about the cops and the growing police state based on your previous posts, and I'm suprised you don't see the failure that is the war on drugs. Especially given that our government makes money off of it. Criminalizing Americans for non-violent offenses like drug use is big business to the Prison Industrial Complex. Now, if you're using an intoxicant, and you harm, or kill someone in the process... then throw the book at them. If you murder someone in a drug deal gone bad... then throw the book at them.
I don't like the cops at all.............but realize we as a society have to live by the rule of law. That is what I teach my kids. I told my oldest over the weekend after catching him smoking some that it is against the law and if you get caught don't call me..........and if you ever do it driving I'll take your car away. Laws are laws. I may not agree and I get mad about em like everybody else but it's better than anarchy. Then I beech about em.............lol

The bolded is true. That is why I think the whole DUI thing is just a money maker. It's legal to drink............then they come and get you after your doing something legal. You harm somebody else then yes you get punished. Drugs aren't legal though...........unless you live in donk country.

Old 05-06-2014, 08:51 AM

Quote:
I don't like the cops at all.............but realize we as a society have to live by the rule of law. That is what I teach my kids. I told my oldest over the weekend after catching him smoking some that it is against the law and if you get caught don't call me..........and if you ever do it driving I'll take your car away. Laws are laws. I may not agree and I get mad about em like everybody else but it's better than anarchy. Then I beech about em.............lol

As do I. Sometimes though you do have to break unjust and immoral laws if you want them changed. Yes I know there is more of a diplomatic process, in voting to change legislation, but what if the empty suits we elect continue not to listen? Then they're not serving our interests, are they? Think about this. Segregation was the law back in the day, and by law Rosa Parks had to sit at the back of the bus. In good conscience, should she have just followed the law, simply because it's the law? Not all laws are just or moral.

The bolded is true. That is why I think the whole DUI thing is just a money maker. It's legal to drink............then they come and get you after your doing something legal. You harm somebody else then yes you get punished. Drugs aren't legal though...........unless you live in donk country.
Well, people shouldn't be driving under the influence of any intoxicating substance due to the risk involved. However; DUI checkpoints are indeed police state mentality, because you're assuming that EVERYONE is guilty until proven innocent. I realize drugs aren't legal, but the war on drugs is an absolute failure, and only serves to create a black market, in which our government plays both sides of the coin. If they really wanted to end the drug war they'd walk into Latin America and wipe out all of the cartels. But they won't because it isn't beneficial to them, and is nothing but hypocrisy. Follow the money.

Old 05-06-2014, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Well, people shouldn't be driving under the influence of any intoxicating substance due to the risk involved. However; DUI checkpoints are indeed police state mentality, because you're assuming that EVERYONE is guilty until proven innocent. I realize drugs aren't legal, but the war on drugs is an absolute failure, and only serves to create a black market, in which our government plays both sides of the coin. If they really wanted to end the drug war they'd walk into Latin America and wipe out all of the cartels. But they won't because it isn't beneficial to them, and is nothing but hypocrisy. Follow the money.
Man don't even get me started about DUI checkpoints............I went through one Saturday evening. Hadn't had a lick and these cops made me pull over and go through their BS give me your license and insurance and wanted to search my car too. I told em to go to hell of course. We are slowly losing our rights. Good thing my kids were in the car or I woulda got a bit mad......

Well the drug war is a joke..........just putting folks in prison so THEY can make more money.

Old 05-06-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Man don't even get me started about DUI checkpoints............I went through one Saturday evening. Hadn't had a lick and these cops made me pull over and go through their BS give me your license and insurance and wanted to search my car too. I told em to go to hell of course. We are slowly losing our rights. Good thing my kids were in the car or I woulda got a bit mad......

Well the drug war is a joke..........just putting folks in prison so THEY can make more money.

So, then you understand why I think it does us a huge disservice to lock up non-violent offenders and putting them with low life scumbags like for instance this rapist? Especially for those who were popped for possession or consumption only, and have committed no other crimes?

What did the cops say when you told them to go to hell? Did they try to press the issue?

Old 05-06-2014, 10:37 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Well, if that doesn't work just put a needle in them and be done with it.
Or give prisoners access to unlimited quantities of every kind of drug, supposedly many are in there for drug crimes, they would murder their own family to gets drugs. Give them needles and they will take care of the problem for us.

Old 05-06-2014, 10:44 AM

Quote:
So, then you understand why I think it does us a huge disservice to lock up non-violent offenders and putting them with low life scumbags like for instance this rapist? Especially for those who were popped for possession or consumption only, and have committed no other crimes?

What did the cops say when you told them to go to hell? Did they try to press the issue?
Law is the law. What next will you want "non violent" offenders free. I see what your saying and mostly agree but law is the law.

Actually the cops laughed and left me be. I was surprised.

Old 05-06-2014, 10:50 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
I see no reason to jail non-violent criminals. I makes more sense to keep the violent thugs separated from society. It would also save the government (US tax payers) a lot of money even if it bankrupted a lot of prison owning companies.

Old 05-06-2014, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Law is the law. What next will you want "non violent" offenders free. I see what your saying and mostly agree but law is the law.

Actually the cops laughed and left me be. I was surprised.

But not all laws are perfect, or moral given that those on the books are man made. Plenty of room for error. We need less laws, as well as figuring out how to enforce the ones we do have, and not make more laws.

My rules in life are simple. Use common sense, look before you leap, and don't cause harm to others, unless they've harmed or try to harm you or your family. If your actions cause harm to others, then you reap what you sow. In short... I'll use this example... if I want to smoke a doobie on my couch in my own home, I'm not harming anyone. Leave me the hell alone! Now, if I do so, then go out for a joy ride, and kill a family of 6 in the process....well... that is on me to accept whatever consequences that I may receive.

Old 05-06-2014, 11:32 AM

No laws aren't perfect but to live in a civilized society we must abide. I don't let my kids just run wild. Why should I be able to? Killing? Most folks don't go kill each other.............I have guns just in case one of the nuts shows up on my door though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies