Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2014, 05:16 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
This is sarcasm right ?
How else are we going to rid ourselves of people who don't think like us? We have to ensure their voices are silenced & their jobs are taken away. Only then can we start working towards a final solution to the Christian Conservative problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2014, 05:42 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Get in line, think and say only what is acceptable to the Fascistocrats!

THEY would love to silence and/or eliminate people like Matt Drudge, Jared Taylor and Rush Limbaugh.

Old 05-10-2014, 05:59 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Seems like this poster throws that partisan line into every post, and misses the mark every time.

HGTV can hire and fire whoever they want, and if these guys are bad foe business, then they're going out the door. It is as simple as that.
Of course they can & much, much more of this should be done! I suggest we set up an organization like ThoughtWatch.org or something to monitor everyone's facebook, twitter, CityData posts, etc. looking for anything we don't agree with, then threaten their employers. I just think it's our responsibility to make sure people who are different from us are punished to the most severe degree possible. This shouldn't stop at one job either. We should track them & threaten to boycott any business stupid enough to hire these people for the rest of their lives. In fact I'd like to see every business have to put a sign in their window identifying their stance on gay marriage, immigration, global warming, gun control, et al so we can easily identify the knuckle dragging, sub humans who don't agree with us. I also think people should have to disclose their political leanings before being hired! Think about how many people we could permanently get out of the work force, hurt their family's and/or force them to believe as we do We might even want to make permanent notes on their children, because let's face it, those poor kids are likely to grow up thinking like those sub human Christians & this way to can monitor them & ensure they never work either. This is the only way we can show Christians how to be tolerant & coexist.

Old 05-10-2014, 06:14 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Of course they can & much, much more of this should be done! I suggest we set up an organization like ThoughtWatch.org or something to monitor everyone's facebook, twitter, CityData posts, etc. looking for anything we don't agree with, then threaten their employers. I just think it's our responsibility to make sure people who are different from us are punished to the most severe degree possible. This shouldn't stop at one job either. We should track them & threaten to boycott any business stupid enough to hire these people for the rest of their lives. In fact I'd like to see every business have to put a sign in their window identifying their stance on gay marriage, immigration, global warming, gun control, et al so we can easily identify the knuckle dragging, sub humans who don't agree with us. I also think people should have to disclose their political leanings before being hired! Think about how many people we could permanently get out of the work force, hurt their family's and/or force them to believe as we do We might even want to make permanent notes on their children, because let's face it, those poor kids are likely to grow up thinking like those sub human Christians & this way to can monitor them & ensure they never work either. This is the only way we can show Christians how to be tolerant & coexist.
Huh It has nothing to do with Christianity, it has to do with HGTV making a business decision. I would not have fired them, but I respect private company's right to hire and fire anyone they want and for any reason.

Old 05-10-2014, 06:35 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
How else are we going to rid ourselves of people who don't think like us? We have to ensure their voices are silenced & their jobs are taken away. Only then can we start working towards a final solution to the Christian Conservative problem.
I was going to ask how you got that tricky third nail in, but clearly you kept one hand free to type with.

Old 05-10-2014, 06:36 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
The idea of "don't **** off your audience if your product is your personality" was too much to tackle?

Old 05-10-2014, 06:56 PM

1,225 posts, read 3,229,492 times
I'm trying to get this whole things straight. Conservative Christians have spent decades doing everything in their power to dehumanize gay people and have also done everything in their power to make sure that gays are unable to achieve political equality. But now that the tables have turned, they're screaming bloody murder and claiming that people are not tolerant of them?? It's like a bully on a playground that finally got their nose punched and screams to the principal that it's the other kid who started the fight. There is so much irony here that I don't even know where to start.

Old 05-10-2014, 07:06 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownnola View Post
I'm trying to get this whole things straight. Conservative Christians have spent decades doing everything in their power to dehumanize gay people and have also done everything in their power to make sure that gays are unable to achieve political equality. But now that the tables have turned, they're screaming bloody murder and claiming that people are not tolerant of them?? It's like a bully on a playground that finally got their nose punched and screams to the principal that it's the other kid who started the fight. There is so much irony here that I don't even know where to start.
It's also the same people who say that private businesses should have free reign on who is allowed to be employed there and who can patronize their establishment. But, now that an employer has exercised their right to fire someone because of remarks they made, suddenly it's "no employers shouldn't be able to do that". Well, which is it? Either employers have indiscriminate rights to control their employees or don't they? Sheesh! Reminds me of all the arguments these idiots make about "unconstitutional" parts of the Constitution and the like, LOL. They are not consistent

Old 05-10-2014, 07:08 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,907,352 times
I love moronic right wing threads like this one. A private company does what it thinks will maximize its private profits and raving right wing nutjobs think it has something to do with the government.

You RWNJ become more disconnected from reality by the day.

Old 05-10-2014, 07:20 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
You don't think people are going to think twice about donating to a traditional marriage group after that 6-year-old $1000 donation was dug up and got the CEO of Mozilla fired? Of course its intimidation, as guys like Eich are being made examples of through left-wing boycotts -- if you have a traditional marriage stance, a Liberal blog can destroy your career.
But it's not happening you see....it's just not happening....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies