Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2014, 02:51 PM

38,646 posts, read 26,398,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
Both of you are suffering under the delusion that government has any buisness making any laws about marriage....gay , straight or otherwise.

This is the real issue, get the government out of the marrige regulation business and both your arguments become moot.

Because quite frankly, who you choose to marry is none of my business, and none of the government's business.

Whether or not I personally agree with your sexuality is irrelevant.

OK, I'm good with that.

How about you bUU?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2014, 02:51 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,544,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Grow beards and go over to Duck Dynasty.

Problem solved.

Old 05-10-2014, 02:57 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Still repeating the liberal = fascist fallacy, I see. I don't like repeating myself, so go ahead and swim in it. I'm not gonna take the bait this time.
Seems like this poster throws that partisan line into every post, and misses the mark every time.

HGTV can hire and fire whoever they want, and if these guys are bad foe business, then they're going out the door. It is as simple as that.

Old 05-10-2014, 03:28 PM

46,973 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The proof is the rejection of civil unions that are equal in every way except that they are not called "marriage".
I love how that narrative - and by narrative, I mean brazen lie - has gained steam. Your side could have tried offering "civil unions" in something resembling good faith, but you didn't. The state amendments against gay marriage went out of their way to make sure any sort of civil union stayed good and banned, as well.

The LGBT side and their supporters went for broke, and it paid off. Don't try to pretend that your side would have enthusiastically embraced civil unions, when your actions make it clear that the opposite is the case.

When you've lost your queen and both rooks, it's too late to offer remis. Surrender the game, leave the table or suffer through the endplay.

Old 05-10-2014, 04:09 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,387,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
In most of the county, yes, a business absolutely can fire a homosexual for the simple reason that he or she is a homosexual.

It is, however, illegal everywhere in the US to fire a person because he or she is a Christian.
I don't believe that!

Old 05-10-2014, 04:12 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,109,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
I don't believe that!
Well, it's the truth. If you think I'm wrong, tell me why.

Old 05-10-2014, 04:35 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,265,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The proof is the rejection of civil unions that are equal in every way except that they are not called "marriage".
No, they are not. They do not carry the same benefits and protections under the law that marriage does.

You need to come up with a new excuse for bigotry, that one is completely false.

Old 05-10-2014, 05:04 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,752,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Private employer, private employee. 1st Amendment does not apply. If the boss saw fit they be canned, then that is their right as a private enterprise. Isn't that what you righties argue for all the time, for business owners to run their business as they see fit?
Absolutely. I hope these homophobes get a job at a Real estate agency next so we can boycott their brokerage until they get fired there too. I'm hoping people like us can follow them job to job for the rest of their lives, ensure they never work again & can't feed their family's. It's up to us to teach everyone about tolerance.

Last edited by Mason3000; 05-10-2014 at 05:17 PM..

Old 05-10-2014, 05:09 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,560,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Absolutely. I hope these homophobes get a job at a Real estate agency next so we can boycott their brokerage unless they get fired there too. I'm hoping people like us can follow them job to job for the rest of their lives, ensure they never work again & can't feed their family's. It's up to us to teach everyone about tolerance.
This is sarcasm right ?

Old 05-10-2014, 05:15 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,174,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Private employer, private employee. 1st Amendment does not apply. If the boss saw fit they be canned, then that is their right as a private enterprise. Isn't that what you righties argue for all the time, for business owners to run their business as they see fit?
I'm sure that if a business fires an employee for being gay you will be equally accepting of the decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies