Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2014, 06:42 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,089,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Dream on. If you value your health, you're not calling any NFL-level athlete, gay or straight, a sissy to their face. Most of them, especially defensive players, could snap the average right-winger in half like a twig. You save your epitaphs for anonymous internet message boards, tough guy.
You've never met me. I don't hold back with anyone. Men who cry needlessly are sissies and I don't hesitate to say that to their face. Period. The only permissible time for men to cry would be the birth of a child, the death of a child/spouse/parent/sibling. Other than that, man up and don't like some over-emotional sissy. Crying over any career-connected event shows emotional instability, which in the subject here is pretty much a given. WTH would anyone cry over any career event? Damn pansy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2014, 06:45 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
You've never met me. I don't hold back with anyone. Men who cry needlessly are sissies and I don't hesitate to say that to their face. Period. The only permissible time for men to cry would be the birth of a child, the death of a child/spouse/parent/sibling. Other than that, man up and don't like some over-emotional sissy. Crying over any career-connected event shows emotional instability, which in the subject here is pretty much a given. WTH would anyone cry over any career event? Damn pansy!
Again....I hope you don't have any sons.

Old 05-11-2014, 06:53 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times
Quote:
I cried watching Forrest Gump, what does that make me?

Old 05-11-2014, 07:09 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,089,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Again....I hope you don't have any sons.
I have a daughter. And I will teach her to be very wary around any man who cries because it can only show one of two things - that they're weak and unstable or trying to manipulate others. We're raising a generation of weak and overly sensitive crybabies.

So tell us about these sissies you're raising...

Old 05-11-2014, 08:44 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Micheal Sam will be first out NFL player as he was just drafted by the St. Louis Rams.

The times, they are a changin'! Congratulations, Michael Sam!

Making history, it's about time.
The NFL has joined the 21st century of acceptance, kudos!
it will be by week 1

Old 05-11-2014, 08:48 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,096,480 times
Quote:
I have a daughter. And I will teach her to be very wary around any man who cries because it can only show one of two things - that they're weak and unstable or trying to manipulate others. We're raising a generation of weak and overly sensitive crybabies.

So tell us about these sissies you're raising...
Its not hard to be twice the man you are. I would tell a daughter to avoid men like you who are intolerant of anything that doesn't mirror them and are just plain pathetic, its usually a sign of much deeper trouble.

Old 05-11-2014, 09:02 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
I found it ironic that M. Sam made such a big deal out of 'coming out' ... and then was surprised that people subsequently referred to him as a 'gay football player' instead of simply a 'football player.' IMO, this is the fallacy of so many claims to 'only want equal rights/treatment', when the real objective is actually 'special rights/treatment,' but, heaven forbid anyone should say so, since that would be insensitive and narrow minded.
Your obviously not any type of athlete and clearly don't understand the hardships of an elite gay athlete.

Old 05-11-2014, 09:07 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
They will favor Sam as much as they shafted Tebow.
Tebow wasn't shafted. He can't play.

Old 05-11-2014, 09:08 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
He ran a 4.9 at the combine. Speed rusher.......lol
He ran a 4.7 at his pro day, which is comparable to other NFL speed rushers (almost the exact same 40 as 2013 draft pick Quanterous Smith). If you knew anything about football either, you'd know that 10 yard times are the ones that matter for ends. 40 times are for receivers and defensive backs.

Then again, your username leads me to assume you're a Chiefs fan, which means you don't have a clue what good football looks like unless it's happening on the other side of the field.

Quote:
Kid won't make it sorry. NFL is best of the best whether you are gay or not. If Clowney said he was gay he'd still go number one. Get it yet ?
Whether he makes it or not doesn't matter. The social implications have already taken place.

Old 05-11-2014, 09:11 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemdiver View Post
Anybody else find it ironic that a self confessed gay guy got drafted by a team called the "RAMS"?
Maybe he's ramming you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies