Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 11:45 AM

924 posts, read 668,293 times

Advertisements

I'm glad OP created a bait thread, and immediately denied being a conservative so nobody would bait him back.

Par for the course.

Old 05-12-2014, 11:46 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,446,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
First of all, I consider myself an independent. I've voted for both liberals and conservatives, it depends on the candidate, not the party. I know both liberals and conservatives in my family, at work and among friends. With that dynamic, I've noticed that liberals are far more intolerant of opinions counter to their own.
If I bring something up that a conservative disagrees with, they pretty much accept it, offer their reasons for disagreeing and move on. If I do the same with a liberal OH MY GOD! You would think I were insulting their mother. They immediately see it as their job to "correct" me or show me the error of my ways. There is no room for discussion or even friendly debate. It gets so that I never bring up or participate in any discussion about politics with liberals in my life because either I am agreeing with things I don't agree with just to keep the peace or I am arguing with them because they can't stand to hear someone express an opinion that they disagree with.
The same reason why anybody won't listen to reason.

They have their opinion, you have yours.

Old 05-12-2014, 11:46 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,416,072 times
Quote:
Yeah, exactly! The arrogance is nauseating.
Which is worse...

Arrogance or willful ignorance? I'll take arrogance. I'd rather be a jerk than a ignorant jerk.

Old 05-12-2014, 11:47 AM

68,351 posts, read 54,502,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
As you were saying???

From the responses so far, it would appear your hypothosis is accurate.
Really?

WHERE is the proof conservatives are soooooooooooooooooooo much more understanding and tolerant of others' opinions as the OP alleges?

Old 05-12-2014, 11:48 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,416,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Really?

WHERE is the proof conservatives are soooooooooooooooooooo much more understanding and tolerant of others' opinions as the OP alleges?
Conservative and tolerance don't belong in the same sentence.

Liberals are intolerant of intolerant conservatives. Does that make liberals intolerant?

(English should reveal the answer to that question)

Old 05-12-2014, 11:49 AM

924 posts, read 668,293 times
Am I the only one who picked up on the irony in the topic?

How do you whine about intolerance and then overgeneralize an entire group of people as being intolerant?

Idiocy.

1,824 posts, read 1,374,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Which is worse...

Arrogance or willful ignorance? I'll take arrogance. I'd rather be a jerk than a ignorant jerk.
You do pretty well at both of them

993 posts, read 1,770,417 times
"You must tolerate my intolerance"

-Conservative logic

(Okay not all conservatives, but the ones usually screaming about intolerance from the left)

Old 05-12-2014, 11:50 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,883,805 times
Quote:
First of all, I consider myself an independent. I've voted for both liberals and conservatives, it depends on the candidate, not the party. I know both liberals and conservatives in my family, at work and among friends. With that dynamic, I've noticed that liberals are far more intolerant of opinions counter to their own.
If I bring something up that a conservative disagrees with, they pretty much accept it, offer their reasons for disagreeing and move on. If I do the same with a liberal OH MY GOD! You would think I were insulting their mother. They immediately see it as their job to "correct" me or show me the error of my ways. There is no room for discussion or even friendly debate. It gets so that I never bring up or participate in any discussion about politics with liberals in my life because either I am agreeing with things I don't agree with just to keep the peace or I am arguing with them because they can't stand to hear someone express an opinion that they disagree with.
I think the Liberals are very tolerant of the RWNJs. It's us Centrists that are not. Primarily because we know how well the Country would be doing if the Right Wingers weren't the driving force of the GOP.

Old 05-12-2014, 11:51 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,719,563 times
Quote:

Insults and character assassinations!
There intolerance is from not being taught self control from their parents.
Mainly because there was no daddy figure in the house and they disrespected their mothers in the same manner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies