Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2014, 07:27 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times

Advertisements

I know I do not care what his German father thinks......I am just glad him and his thief of a son is gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2014, 07:33 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamford View Post
Nobody is saying you can't defend yourself in a Life or Death Situation, what I am saying is was the case involving the German Exchange Student Diren Dede or many other such cases really a life or death situation.

Nobody minds nasty criminals being blasted by householders, but is a young lad walking in to a garage baited with a purse really self defence.

BBC News - German student Diren Dede killed in 'castle doctrine' case
Is a guy picking up a cop dressed as a hooker really guilty?

Is a thug stealing a bait car in Oakland really a car thief?

Is a guy pulled over by an unmarked cruiser really a speeder?

Old 05-13-2014, 07:34 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
But the point is Mr Kaarma wanted someone to enter his garage, he left the purse there as bait! The garage was in darkness when Kaarma opened fire, it could have been a ten year old who had seen that purse for gods sake.

The fact is that Mr Kaarma lured that young man into his garage intending to kill him. Mr Kaarma and his family were, at no time, ever in any danger.
Kaarma deserves to answer for the crimes he committed. But lets face facts. It wasn't a 10 year old and honest people wouldn't be lured into a strangers garage to steal. I should be able to leave my garage open and not be robbed. I shouldn't need a security system to protect my property from criminals. Crime can be a dangerous occupation. The German teen learned this the hard way.

Old 05-13-2014, 07:39 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS14 View Post
You do understand more people are killed by guns in america than all of the rest of the first world countries combined? Darn facts. But who cares how many people are killed boys, most of em are poors or "minorities." Lets get a 24 pack of natty light and let off a couple of rounds because it's our god given (misinterpreted 2nd amendment) right.

MERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's a GREAT deflection, a BAD deflection...but continue...

Now, answer the question, what killed more people than shotguns in 2011?

GO ahead and answer, will you answer honestly....

BTW, I never said guns were not a problem, I just think they should be so far off people radar for "what kills" in America, guns are not in the top 10...unless you just don't like gun...which is apparent you do not...

Old 05-13-2014, 07:47 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamford View Post

It is in the UK where the concept of reasonable force is still used, however in parts of the US Self Defence now means attack first and ask questions later and the Courts in certain US States back this type of behaviour as acceptable.

Are any of these cases really self defence???

BBC News - German student Diren Dede killed in 'castle doctrine' case

BBC News - No charges for Connecticut teacher who mistakenly shot son

Girl, 15, 'shot dead by man, 48, who opened fire on teens in a blind rage after they dumped leaves and smashed eggs on his car as a prank' | Mail Online

Black Renisha McBride shot dead after car crash in white Detroit neighborhood | Mail Online

New controversy over US self-defence laws| The Australian

Michael Dunn found guilty of attempted murder for killing teen | Mail Online

Shooting of Trayvon Martin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Joe Horn shooting controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
WOW...8 cases that prove what?

Here read up and do some research before you spout crap...

Here is 163 pages with 30 - 40 stories of where guns helped people and saved their life:

NRA-ILA | Armed Citizen

Also, funny why you cherry picked a few cases, where are all the gang related shootings?

Old 05-13-2014, 07:49 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,752,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
It seems the man is being charged because he was planning to kill the next burglar. Not just because he shot him... just to clear that up.

You cant plan to kill someone, even if you are defending yourself.
It is not clear yet whether he did or didn't, regardless, the boy had no right to be there. We also don't know all of the circumstances surrounding the incident. It is possible the home owner was surprised by the burglar and felt his life was at risk and fired. It will be investigated.

Old 05-13-2014, 07:51 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,911,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
But the point is Mr Kaarma wanted someone to enter his garage, he left the purse there as bait! The garage was in darkness when Kaarma opened fire, it could have been a ten year old who had seen that purse for gods sake.

The fact is that Mr Kaarma lured that young man into his garage intending to kill him. Mr Kaarma and his family were, at no time, ever in any danger.
If people respected the property rights of others, Mr. Kaarma could forklift a pallet of $100 bills into the middle of his front yard and they would be there in the morning. If a few happened to blow into my yard, they would be gathered up and returned promptly.

Mr. Dede did not teach his son to respect others and now it seems he is blaming others for his failures.

Old 05-13-2014, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo View Post
What scares me the most about the gun nuts is that they're constantly begging people to give them a reason to use their gun.

It's like you're proud of telling everyone how much you want to kill people.
Your perception is wrong, I/we would prefer to go an entire lifetime without having to use our weapon in self defense, but are trained and prepared if needed, unlike you.

Old 05-13-2014, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Did he make a threatening move towards the property owner?

The property owner was in fear for his life and felt that fear to the point where he acted in defense of it.
^^^^^ This.

Old 05-13-2014, 08:33 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Where does it say that? Please point me to the exact link that says "he was planning to kill" anyone?

Where does it say that? In the link provided? Where...
In the sworn affidavit that the prosecuting attorney submitted.

Mr Kaarma told a hairdresser that he had been robbed recently, and that he'd been staying up waiting for the burglar to return, intending to shoot the burglar.

Mr Kaarma deliberately left the garage door open, with a purse planted as bait to lure a thief, and with monitors and motion detectors set to go off. When the monitors did go off, Mr Kaarma's girlfriend had time to take pictures with her cell phone, Mr Kaarma got his gun and went outside, his girlfriend heard Mr Kaarma speak and someone else to say "wait", when Mr Kaarma fired off two shots, she ran inside to turn the exterior lights on but before she hit the switch Mr Kaarma fired off two more shots.

Mr Kaarma told police he deliberately shot high, but the bullet pattern shows that was not so. His comments to the hairdresser show premeditation, the purse was bait, and the couple did not call police until after mortally wounding the intruder, even though they had time and opportunity to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies