Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2014, 09:35 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,757,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Tell me.. Is the population of NY increasing or decreasing? Are businesses coming in or leaving NY? Make sure of your facts and figures.
As well as California and the whole North East..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2014, 09:36 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,757,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
Why you are asking me? You can check the stats yourself and of course NYC is growing and no other city has as many Fortune 500 companies headquartered here or has a $1.3T economy.
Too bad we have to support all those lazy republican states like yours.
Funny why are a majority of you college grads leaving?

When the taxes are raised yet again, and those business flee for red states what will you do?

Old 05-18-2014, 09:40 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,952,350 times
Quote:
Why you are asking me? You can check the stats yourself and of course NYC is growing and no other city has as many Fortune 500 companies headquartered here or has a $1.3T economy.
You must really enjoy being proven wrong... First the EU is a country and now this.... First of all, your population is decreasing and business is a leaving due to the tax liabilities. Secondly, Texas is a donor state, not a recipient state and has a budget surplus. Tell me, how much of a budget surplus does NY have?

Old 05-18-2014, 09:40 PM

1,070 posts, read 741,930 times
Funny you make up stuff to cove your ignorance... What college grads are leaving? What business would leave New York for red states? To do what there? Our liberal state economies carry you rednecks since the civil war...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Funny why are a majority of you college grads leaving?

When the taxes are raised yet again, and those business flee for red states what will you do?

Old 05-18-2014, 09:44 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,439,064 times
Quote:
Funny you make up stuff to cove your ignorance... What college grads are leaving? What business would leave New York for red states? To do what there? Our liberal state economies carry you rednecks since the civil war...
Toyota just bailed on California. There was a list of major companies who left California, Illinois, and New York for the south (including Texas) in the WSJ Online last week.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:49 PM

Redneck education. Lol

Since when is New York City losing population and business?

Quote:
You must really enjoy being proven wrong... First the EU is a country and now this.... First of all, your population is decreasing and business is a leaving due to the tax liabilities. Secondly, Texas is a donor state, not a recipient state and has a budget surplus. Tell me, how much of a budget surplus does NY have?

Old 05-18-2014, 09:49 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,055,093 times
Quote:
Once again you are right. Here's an article that talks about the great migration away from New York and also about how Texas is gaining people and businesses at a rapid pace.

Census: Americans fleeing New York state, packing up for Texas | America Magazine
Quote:
New York was the biggest loser of American citizens from 2012 to 2013, according to Census Bureau data released on Thursday. The state had 104,470 more people moving to other states than moving in, more than offsetting its net gain of 101,778 from international migration. Texas gained the most, picking up 113,528 more residents than the number who moved elsewhere.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:52 PM

There are companies leaving and companies coming. Nevertheless New York City alone has a $1.3T economy the same size as the entire state of Texas and hasn't lost any population since 1960s.... Check your facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Toyota just bailed on California. There was a list of major companies who left California, Illinois, and New York for the south (including Texas) in the WSJ Online last week.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:53 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,952,350 times
Quote:
Here is a good read for you from one of your newpapers....
The very conservative New York Times...

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/27/ny...tion.html?_r=0

Old 05-18-2014, 09:55 PM

2,385 posts, read 1,592,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This exchange student should not have been in the owners garage but he did not deserve to die, this is sad and absolutely ridiculous that this occurred.
I'm German myself. I was an exchange student 10 years ago with an family from Texas with whom I have become lifelong friends after that. I just gotta say that if you wander aimlessly on someone elses property in the United Staates especially in rural States like Montana and Texas you put willfully your life at risk. In my opinion the student has nobody but himself to blame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies