Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 01:17 PM

28,675 posts, read 18,795,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Just because your definition of brandishing is different then the real one doesn't really matter, it is just your opinion. Fact is they were not brandishing, as far as the first video is concerned.

brandishing - definition of brandishing by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
If you live in a state where open carry is legal, and you are lawfully open carrying, then it is not considered brandishing.
That being said, there is no tactical advantage to open carry. Even if I lived in a state when open carry was legal, I would still carry concealed. I want the bad guy to be surprised when he is eating lead.
I'm going to presume both of you just overlooked my first paragraph.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2014, 01:27 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Please, never come to Austin, unless you want to crap your pants over the sight of a gun.

Jogging full pack and rifle, on the Hike&Bike trail is a glorious sight to behold.
Or a stroll down congress, or 6th st. with Shotgun in hand.
But why?

Old 05-28-2014, 01:34 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
But why?

Why not?

Because they can and feel safer doing it, would be my take on the deal.

Because you may not feel the need, you cannot possibly be exactly like everyone else.
Dare to be different. Attention getting.

Making a statement to the gun haters.

Old 05-28-2014, 01:53 PM

29,501 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I'm going to presume both of you just overlooked my first paragraph.
I did and I stand by what I said.
The only definition of brandishing that matters is what is on the law books, all others are just opinions.

Old 05-28-2014, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Why not?

Because they can and feel safer doing it, would be my take on the deal.

Because you may not feel the need, you cannot possibly be exactly like everyone else.
Dare to be different. Attention getting.

Making a statement to the gun haters.
I understand what you are saying. Here in Mo. you might get shot by the law pulling these stunts.

We used to use guns because we needed them. On the farm for Yotes and when i carried a lot of bank deposits. I never let anyone know i had a gun at all. These guys like to play BIG BOY=look at me! IMO

Old 05-28-2014, 02:30 PM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tart Green Apple View Post
Open Carry Texas have conducted provocative demonstrations in which armed men exercise their right under state law to carry semi-automatic rifles in public. No fewer than five national food and beverage chains have now told them to get rid of their guns or get lost, including Starbucks, Wendy’s, Applebees, Jack in the Box, and Chipotle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VJPMeXQ6xk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtUOopHPlMc
Funny, I did NOT see one "assault rifle as you claimd in your title. " Gun Rights Activists new tactic: Brandish Assault Rifles in Chili's and Sonic.

Why do you lie n order to push your agenda?

"exercise their right
under state law to carry semi-automatic rifles in public" And what do you have against people "excerpting their RIGHTS?

Old 05-28-2014, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Funny, I did NOT see one "assault rifle as you claimd in your title. " Gun Rights Activists new tactic: Brandish Assault Rifles in Chili's and Sonic.

Why do you lie n order to push your agenda?

"exercise their right
under state law to carry semi-automatic rifles in public" And what do you have against people "excerpting their RIGHTS?
With all the mass shootings i equate this to yelling fire in a theater. Although this is legal(WALKING AROUND WITH A LONG GUN IN PUBLIC). It is a stupid thing to do. Terrifying some people and children although legal is STUPID and immature.

Old 05-28-2014, 02:37 PM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Kudos to the gunowners who can see why this is a bad idea and choose to say so - good form.

For the life of me, I cannot fathom what these guys hope to achieve. Desensitizing the public, so the rest of us will just start accepting that we're living somewhere akin to downtown Beirut? Coz that ain't working.
No different the the "gay pride" type of actions that the left NEVER complains about.

Old 05-28-2014, 02:42 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,908,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
That's not what they said at all, at least Starbucks and Chipotle. I haven't heard anything about Applebees or JITB, so I can't comment on what they said, but Starbucks and Chipotle said no such thing.

You need to stop lying / misrepresenting what these companies have announced. If your position is valid, you shouldn't need to lie in order to promote it.
They know their point isn't valid which is why they feel the need to constantly lie, but what else is new?

Old 05-28-2014, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
No different the the "gay pride" type of actions that the left NEVER complains about.
I guess we could consider that . Are you afraid of the gays? I am afraid when i see anyone i don't know walking around in public with a firearm exposed. Legally or not. You just don't know anymore what people are going to do. Carrying guns in public is Disturbing the Peace IMO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies