Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 02:46 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,080,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Of course you did. The melting polar icecap means the polar vortex was pushing the extremely cold air southward.
yawn..

Why don't you just add it to the following list of excuses over the years.

1) Low Solar Activity
2) Oceans Ate Warming
3) Chinese Coal Use
4) Montreal Protocol
5) Readjusted past temps to claim ‘pause’ never existed
6) Volcanoes
7) Decline in Water Vapor
8) Pacific trade winds
9) ‘Coincidence’
10) ‘Stadium Waves

Last edited by gretsky99; 05-29-2014 at 03:06 PM..

Old 05-29-2014, 03:20 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
I'm a skeptic, but I don't believe that AGW has zero impact on the environment. It certainly does; but where I'm skeptical is how much effect AGW actually contributes to climate change. I think it's healthy to have this discussion and not shut out studies and opinions that challenge the 'settled science', because it's become a political and economic hot button. The truth is there is billions of dollars being made right now in industries that profit from climate change alarmism, so there is reason to be skeptical when these entities are poised to make massive profits by making sure we're scared about destroying the planet, and have every reason to attack anyone who dares to rock the boat and challenge what they've established.
Exactly! It is no longer about science. It's about money and politics.

Old 05-29-2014, 03:25 PM

1,245 posts, read 923,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
So do you believe the lies from denier conspiracy websites because you keep blindly copying and pasting from them over and over ad nauseum?

Sponsors of Pentagon's alarm-raising climate study could benefit from action - Washington Times

Old 05-29-2014, 03:35 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
Are you serious. I live in New England and we had one of the coldest winters on record.
In all these dozens of threads you have started about climate change, and yet you don't even know the difference between climate and weather...Why on earth would anyone believe anything you post is beyond me.

Old 05-29-2014, 03:37 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Is this a denier conspiracy site too? You AGW religious nuts are a hoot. You act just like the religious fanatics did back in the middle ages going around calling people heretics for not believing. It's quite comical, sad and scary at the same time.
97% Study Falsely Classifies Scientists' Papers, according to the scientists that published them
Of courst this is a conspiracy site! anyone asking scientists questions that isnt an approved asker of questions in a way that supports the goals and aspirations of the politicians seeking to control people via the rationing of energy is an evil person bent on leaving humanity free to do what it wants!

its just terrible i tell ya!

Old 05-29-2014, 03:41 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
In all these dozens of threads you have started about climate change, and yet you don't even know the difference between climate and weather...Why on earth would anyone believe anything you post is beyond me.
I believe him when he says he's scared of liberals, but when it comes to matters of fact he's pants.

Old 05-29-2014, 03:43 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Over the last 60 years I have lived in the Northeastern US and have noticed changes, principally growing previously southern crops like peaches and wine grapes, in areas like around here that were previously too cold. I have noted it getting warmer as well. I have also read some of the scientific papers and they agree with my observations. Thus I conclude the Northeastern North America is getting warmer.

The reason is still unknown but I think it is the result of a centuries long atmospheric experiment involving dumping mega tons of Carbon dioxide created by burning previously sequestered Carbon into the air. We are now beginning to observe the results of this action. I believe we will continue this experiment until we run out od cheap Carbon even if it were proved to create global warming. After all short term profit is far more important than long term damage to people other than the folks profiting from burning the Carbon.

In religious terms this amounts to God will let His children harm themselves and does not care a bit.
Nope.

The earth heats and cools periodically.

All by itself.

Old 05-29-2014, 03:43 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Is this a denier conspiracy site too? You AGW religious nuts are a hoot. You act just like the religious fanatics did back in the middle ages going around calling people heretics for not believing. It's quite comical, sad and scary at the same time.
97% Study Falsely Classifies Scientists' Papers, according to the scientists that published them
Yeah, right http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-OpiqdWUmSF...ts-on-fire.jpg

Old 05-29-2014, 03:47 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,080,347 times
Quote:
Really...Genius..Whether thats true or not. I do know the difference between legitimacy and scams!!!!

Old 05-29-2014, 03:53 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
Really...Genius..Whether thats true or not. I do know the difference between legitimacy and scams!!!!
Apparently not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies