Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 08:26 AM

1,509 posts, read 1,796,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Everytime I see a right winger call Obama a liar, I feel sympathy for the right winger's pathetic projection, and the underlying disease that causes it.
If we like our doctors, can we keep our doctors?

How sick is that?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2014, 08:40 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post
I'm wondering why and since when did First Ladies set government school policy.
I think about the same time that First Ladies started signing our Laws.

CNN’s Costello Claims Michelle Obama 'Signed the Healthy Hunger Free Kids Act Into Law’

Quote:
COSTELLO: That was Mrs. Obama back in 2010 when she signed the Healthy Hunger Free Kids Act into law. Well now some members of Congress and the food industry want to roll back that initiative and loosen requirements to cut costs. Today the First Lady takes the unusual step of delivering White House remarks speaking out against that House measure and in another twist, a one-time ally of Mrs. Obama's initiative is now a critic.
This is the kind of garbage that passes for "news' today by our fearless Media. Somehow they missed some pretty basic education about how our Government actually works.

Old 05-30-2014, 08:49 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
So much for alleging, speculating, guessing and just plain making sh*t up.

Here's their menu. It looks very healthy. And delicious.

Sidwell Friends School: Calendar » May 2014

"Wahhhh! They're feeding those kids junk, while our kids are forced to eat twigs, weeds and granola! Wahh!!"
Nice link. I see sautéed dinosaur kale, wheatberry salad with dried fruit, cucumber & blueberry salad with feta, and white bean ragout with tomato & sweet onion, and lots of other "weeds & seeds."

To me, it looks delicious. My kids would probably like the ragout. Not sure they'd enjoy the dinosaur kale, though. I'm working on them!

Old 05-30-2014, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I think about the same time that First Ladies started signing our Laws.

CNN’s Costello Claims Michelle Obama 'Signed the Healthy Hunger Free Kids Act Into Law’

This is the kind of garbage that passes for "news' today by our fearless Media. Somehow they missed some pretty basic education about how our Government actually works.
OMG! I'm speechless.

Old 05-30-2014, 09:13 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
One story alleges that the Sidwell school where her daughters attend feeds the students meatball subs, wings, and ice cream. Meanwhile, the kids in govt. schools have to settle for weeds and seeds.

Don't do as I do; do as I say do, eh.
Why do you need to rely on allegations? The Sidwell School posts what it feeds the kids for lunch online. Here are next weeks middle and high school menu options:

Monday:
Vegetarian Tortilla Soup
Classic Caesar Salad
Black Bean & Rice Salad w/ Chili Lime Vinaigrette
All Beef Hot Dogs
Brats
Leanie Dogs
Steamed Broccoli
Baked Idaho Wedges
Sliced Melon

Tuesday:
Cantaloupe Coconut Lime Soup
Black Lentil, Local Beets
Fennel and Orange Salad
Local Watermelon, Feta and Olive Salad
All Natural Roasted Chicken
MG Mango Salsa
Sweet Potato Black Bean Bake
Local Sautéed Dinosaur Kale
Spanish Rice
Sliced Pineapple

Wednesday:
Chicken Noodle Soup
Atomic Tuna Salad
Spicy Heirloom Cucumber Salad
Pepperoni Flatbread Pizza
Variety Flatbread Pizza
Variety Veggie Flatbread Pizzas
Roasted Zucchini & Onions
Strawberries

Thursday:
Black Bean Soup
Citrus Spinach Salad
Deviled Egg Salad
Baked Chicken Patty Sandwich
Veggie Wrap
Farmer's Market Vegetables
Pesto Pasta
Italian Ice

Old 05-30-2014, 09:37 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Why do you need to rely on allegations? The Sidwell School posts what it feeds the kids for lunch online. Here are next weeks middle and high school menu options:

Monday:
Vegetarian Tortilla Soup
Classic Caesar Salad
Black Bean & Rice Salad w/ Chili Lime Vinaigrette
All Beef Hot Dogs
Brats
Leanie Dogs
Steamed Broccoli
Baked Idaho Wedges
Sliced Melon

Tuesday:
Cantaloupe Coconut Lime Soup
Black Lentil, Local Beets
Fennel and Orange Salad
Local Watermelon, Feta and Olive Salad
All Natural Roasted Chicken
MG Mango Salsa
Sweet Potato Black Bean Bake
Local Sautéed Dinosaur Kale
Spanish Rice
Sliced Pineapple

Wednesday:
Chicken Noodle Soup
Atomic Tuna Salad
Spicy Heirloom Cucumber Salad
Pepperoni Flatbread Pizza
Variety Flatbread Pizza
Variety Veggie Flatbread Pizzas
Roasted Zucchini & Onions
Strawberries

Thursday:
Black Bean Soup
Citrus Spinach Salad
Deviled Egg Salad
Baked Chicken Patty Sandwich
Veggie Wrap
Farmer's Market Vegetables
Pesto Pasta
Italian Ice
I guess that list is just a smokescreen to throw the RWNJs off. In actually the basement of the Sidwell School has giant deep-fryers, churning out fried wings, chicken nuggets and French fries.

Old 05-30-2014, 09:39 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Anything other phony outrage you need to build up a big head of steam about, righties?

Old 05-31-2014, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
Yeah, those Repubbies want food choices to be made by parents, and of course, the kids themselves when they're older, rather than the govt.

Mean, nasty old reactionaries, ain't they.
Parents do have choices when it comes to feeding their children. They can put whatever they want inside their kid's lunchbox. For two years, my youngest son ate turkey & cheddar on wheat, a handful of grapes, sugar snap peas or carrots, a small raisin cookie, and a bottle of ice water. Every. Single. Day. My mind grew numb from boredom, but that was what he wanted, so that's what he got. Nobody at the elementary school ever raised an eyebrow.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:26 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
Sidwell Friends School is exclusive, expensive, and private.
Armed guards were the norm for the students, in addition to any Secret Service agents.

Mu Shell's precious little flowers have probably never been inside a real DC public school, where Obama-like Choom gangs dispense illegal drugs and kids' brains rot.

There are two America's, and nobody is force-feeding Mooch's kids broccoli. They get arugula.
There are no armed guards there. And it's not exclusive. It's just another private school, nothing special. And you do know that arugula is just another salad leaf like romaine. Why do people associate it with the wealthy. It's no more costly than any other lettuce. Is it because you think it has a fancy name lol

Old 05-31-2014, 09:36 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,861,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
This is the third thread I've read today, started by a right winger, that begins with lies. Everytime I see a right winger call Obama a liar, I feel sympathy for the right winger's pathetic projection, and the underlying disease that causes it. There should be a 12 step program for sick right wingers.
You funny.

Not.

Obama IS a liar, and that's been very well-chronicled. Obama LIED about the details surrounding his own mother's death, and when he was called out by the Washington Post for lying, he continued to LIE. There should be a 12-step program for sick people that lie about the details surrounding their mother's death. He's told a litany of other lies. If you're too bias-blind to admit that he's a liar, then perhaps you should look into a 12-step program.

As I said, you funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies