Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 01:56 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,836,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
as laser sintering 3d printers come into the affordable range home printed weaponry will become more common.

And thats FAR from the largest concern. Give me a good high end 3d printer-that will eventually be cheap, and I can make a really good missile.
Sure you can, let me know when 3d printers can print solid rocket fuel, plastic that doesn't melt while fuel is burning or explosives for the warhead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2014, 02:00 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,258,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
If you were worried about terrorist you would start with securing the southern border. But your not worried about that.

What other civil rights are we going to limit just in case a terrorist might do something? You worry about terrorist so much you probably love the patriot act.
There you go again! Assuming things! Small price we have to stop this stuff from going on.
I hated the Patriot act from day one. Your buddy bush gave us that one. You don't know squat about my feelings towards the border. Start dealing in facts rather than assumptions and deflections from the topic.
Your personal attacks show that your argument is weak.

Old 06-02-2014, 02:01 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,706,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
This Loophole needs to be closed. Great way for a criminal or a mental case to get a rifle.

I Built This AK-47. It's Legal and Totally Untraceable. | Mother Jones

Millions of those have been built here in the USA. over 500,000 are fully automatic fire.
How many have been used in a violent crime, in the USA?

That weapon is far superior to our M-1 or the AR.

That is called the Timex of tactical weapons. It takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

Old 06-02-2014, 02:03 PM

18,359 posts, read 26,528,117 times
The receiver is the firearm. You can build a firearm (receiver) on your own with no serial number. It's legal to own (under federal law) but it's illegal to ever sell it or otherwise transfer it. You can't legally build fully auto or other class 3 items with the NFA stamp either. That receiver flat needed more than a bend in a vice to make it complete.

So you antis seriously want to ban people from building their own guns now? Next you'll want registration for metal lathes, drills, files, and hacksaws.

Old 06-02-2014, 02:04 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,706,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
as laser sintering 3d printers come into the affordable range home printed weaponry will become more common.

And thats FAR from the largest concern. Give me a good high end 3d printer-that will eventually be cheap, and I can make a really good missile.

I have had the capability to build any weapon you wish, for 7 years.
The Flow-Jet is a remarkable tool, that compliments the Bridgeport.

12,287 posts, read 9,836,913 times
Quote:
There you go again! Assuming things! Small price we have to stop this stuff from going on.
I hated the Patriot act from day one. Your buddy bush gave us that one. You don't know squat about my feelings towards the border. Start dealing in facts rather than assumptions and deflections from the topic.
Your personal attacks show that your argument is weak.
So it is ok to destroy the 2nd amendment because of fear of terrorists but not the other amendments? What a surprise.

Not everything should be illegal, especially something that is not a problem. Anything other freedoms you want to give away?

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin

10,581 posts, read 9,796,709 times
FOX5 Broadcast - Ares Armor

Gun Store Owner Faces Off with Feds Again

FOX5 - SAN DIEGO — A store that helps clients build their own guns is daring the federal agents to raid their stores for a second time.

The controversial build-it-yourself gun store Ares Armor has once again started selling a questionable piece of equipment without the approval of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF).

Its called an 80 percent lower polymer receiver, and federal agents claim the plastic gun part actually qualifies as a fire arm and is therefore illegal to sell. Federal agents raided the four Ares Armor store locations in San Diego County in March and confiscated its supply of 80 percent lower receivers.

Old 06-02-2014, 02:08 PM

50,459 posts, read 47,177,398 times
Quote:
Seems to me that you should wear shooting glasses not ROSE COLORED ones.

Terrorist are a bright lot as well. You cannot say that arms can be acquired by terrorists in the USA this way.
How would you close this "loophole?" The plans for these are all over net. Someone good with the parts can make one from scratch with sheet metal from a store. So in essence, how do you control what you know exists but cannot find?

Old 06-02-2014, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
How would you close this "loophole?" The plans for these are all over net. Someone good with the parts can make one from scratch with sheet metal from a store. So in essence, how do you control what you know exists but cannot find?
One way is to make it your ass when you get caught.

Old 06-02-2014, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Millions of those have been built here in the USA. over 500,000 are fully automatic fire.
How many have been used in a violent crime, in the USA?

That weapon is far superior to our M-1 or the AR.

That is called the Timex of tactical weapons. It takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

Why do we need automatic weapons in the USA? Millions of those have been built here in the USA. over 500,000 are fully automatic fire.

I have no idea. Don't you gun enthusiasts know what is happening with these arms?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies