Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 03:42 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
The links below are the most relevant I could find regarding 'new EPA rules' for painting cars.
After an admittedly quick scan, I didn't see anything that seemed to double the cost of equipment.

Also, these rules were put into place three years ago, in 2011.
Are these five guys and the owner still unemployed? Sucking off the government unemployment teat?

It's funny. You give an example of a business owner who can't expand his business because it would take more money than he has, yet you expect the poor, who generally have no money at all, to 'invest' like the wealthy by purchasing 'assets'.

'Tis a puzzlement!

Automotive Repair and Auto Body Assistance Program | Compliance Assistance & Pollution Prevention in New England | US EPA

Compliance | Region 2 | US EPA

EDIT: I realize the first link is for New England. I don't know where you are (Michigan?), but that is what came up after a search.
It really makes no difference what you think.

The jobs are gone.

If you found that funny....I am glad you had a laugh......and hope you have job security.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2014, 03:43 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Too bad they didn't save and invest for the rainy days. I'll bet they thought the good days would roll forever.

Will the good times last for me? Probably not but I am preparing. When it happens will I be sad, you betcha, will I be prepared? You betcha!
You are talking perfect world. I doubt that you have ever had a rough time in your life with the things you post. Have you?

Old 06-05-2014, 03:45 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
You are talking perfect world. I doubt that you have ever had a rough time in your life with the things you post. Have you?
lol, you don't know, obviously you didn't read a few of my posts. Yep, I was one of those low middle class, paying the minimum due on debt, buying more that I could really afford, working my azz off and paying my way though, hey at least I wasn't a leach. Then one day I woke up and straightened my zzz up. What a difference mind set and action makes... what a difference!

Your post is a fail! And yes, life is good PS, I would suggest that your first step is to get away from the whiners. Even when you are becoming successful they will tell you that you are crazy, the negative talk begins when they see you getting somewhere. That happened to me. If you must be around them just smile but don't let them bring you down.

Last edited by petch751; 06-05-2014 at 03:55 PM..

Old 06-05-2014, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Maybe you should listen to people who are trying to tell you instead of fighting them, crying and complaining... obviously that isn't working for you... try something different.

Old 06-05-2014, 03:52 PM

Quote:
You have got to be kidding......the Hiltons of the world are not likely to post on CD.

The OP has worked from the bottom up......many posters here could read her posts and do some thinking.

Old 06-05-2014, 04:06 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post

The jobs are gone.

If you found that funny....I am glad you had a laugh......and hope you have job security.
I wasn't laughing at those guys, I was laughing at your silly premise!

Which, by the way, you did not defend in the least. Just conveniently ignored my challenge.

Old 06-05-2014, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I wasn't laughing at those guys, I was laughing at your silly premise!

Which, by the way, you did not defend in the least. Just conveniently ignored my challenge.
I not going to defend it.....like I said.....what you think makes no difference.

Old 06-05-2014, 04:12 PM

Quote:
You have got to be kidding......the Hiltons of the world are not likely to post on CD.

The OP has worked from the bottom up......many posters here could read her posts and do some thinking.
Thank you Driller. If they only knew. It was one hard road. No one can ever say I didn't have hard times. I did. The difference is, I took responsibility and owned up to the problem I created and then took the responsibility of fixing it. It was worth every bump I came upon. Life is MUCH better since.

Old 06-05-2014, 04:12 PM

Quote:
What I posted is not what I think; I posted hard data on the new rules for auto painting. It seems you can't address those, either.

Typical.

Old 06-05-2014, 04:15 PM

Quote:
I not going to defend it.....like I said.....what you think makes no difference.
Well, that's really saying something if you cannot defend your own argument!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies