Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2014, 06:04 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Szeliga View Post
I started a thread on this, but people need to know the truth

The person who was called the N word was called Narvell Benning

First things first: Narvell Benning is not just a regular joe going about his business

He is in fact the owner of a small startup clothing brand called OYAB (Obviously Young And Brilliant)

You can see he is wearing an OYAB-branded shirt in the picture in the Youtube clip of his radio interview. Indeed, he seems to be wearing one of his own brand shirts in every picture you can find.

He also drops the #OYAB hashtag into the video description on YouTube, and he does it not once but twice

His clothing brand was created very recently

It is so new that it still doesn't have a dedicated website yet, and is thus limited purely to social media pages (I will give you the
reason for this shortly).

Now, the question is this: If you were the owner of a small, new, startup clothing brand selling exactly the same sort of clothing as innumerable other brands, how do you go about getting publicity for your brand when you don't yet have enough money to launch a dedicated stand-alone website?

How do you get your name out there, how do you differentiate yourself, and how can you generate sales? What you need is a hook, something that people (and hopefully the media) will latch onto and discuss.

Well, you can launch a campaign via the internet and social media sites...but there are just so many people doing that it is going to be
hard to stick out. The problem is that because it is free, anyone and everybody can, will, and already is doing it.

What is guaranteed to captivate the attention of the mainstream media, the general public, and social media?

I know! How about a racism scandal?

Not only would this likely garner your brand some attention, but it might also translate into sales too.

But of course, that would be far fetched, right? I mean, something like that could never happen...

Thus, he is able to reap massively increased sales and exposure, but due to the fact that there is no dedicated website, he does not have to worry about the sudden influx of traffic landing him with a gigantic server/bandwidth bill.

Controversy creates sales, Many people want to purchase clothing from his brand now

Now he has 7.2m views on YouTube, but fortunately no dedicated site which would likely have been crashed by millions of new visitors.
(That's why he doesn't have a website dedicated to his clothing brand)

(Janelle Ambrosia is the "Racist" Woman)

If it wasn't Janelle Ambrosia, it would have been some other White woman or man...I think he was looking to deliberately provoke a confrontation, and you can see he is continually goading her, even when she has her back turned, constantly prolonging and exacerbating the confrontation.

This looks to me to be a guerilla marketing masterstroke, I'm afraid to say, right out of the Rosa Parks playbook

Narvell Benning confronted Janelle Ambrosia with an unprovoked attack, he almost ran over one of her children on purpose and scared her and her children, he wanted to anger her, he wanted a response, he then started to verbally abuse her which lead to her calling him the N word

Ask yourself, if one of your children was almost run over by a large man who looked threatening and started to insult you afterwards

would you insult him ?
Would you defend your children ?

That's what Janelle did, she defended herself, true it may not have been the right insult, but she was caught up in the moment, probably very angry

She is not a racist

The attack was instigated by Narvell Benning, if it wasn't her, it would have been someone else

Consequently Mr.Benning now has made lots of profit from his publicity stunt, thousands of people have flocked to buy his clothing brand
OYAB

And the innocent woman who defended her children, what about her ?
well

she has received death threats, countless insults
even her address was revealed to the public

"However, because of the emotional and sometimes threatening responses that people online had to the video, and because some individuals posted links containing the woman’s personal information and address, her children have been temporarily placed in the care of family members for their safety, police said."

“It wasn’t because of the mother so much as it was fear of retaliation,” said Cheektowaga Assistant Chief Jim Speyer.

she is now unsafe, her children are unsafe

Her whole life has been destroyed by Mr.Benning

she has been banned from multiple establishments, her Facebook and twitter accounts have been suspended, she is in constant fear of being attacked by people

Some people have even suggested that she be put in prison and that her children are taken away from her

In fact in an interview she gave to a local radio station she said she was greatly concerned that her children would be taken away

and why ?
Because she defended them

even police officials have put petrol on the fire

Chief Zack has a message for the woman in the video: "If there is a substance issue, if there is a mental health issue, hopefully, there are treatment options that are being sought."

Chief Zack told 2 On Your Side on Wednesday that Janelle, the woman in the video, could be charged with disorderly conduct.

so now she will have a criminal record, she will be left jobless,
Her life has been ruined

Because Mr.Benning wanted a publicity stunt which would result for a major increase in income for him and national fame for him and his clothing firm,
OYAB (Obviously Young And Brilliant)

so I just wanted to tell you what the truth was, I am sure many of you would have acted in the same way Janelle did, anger, frustration and fear can sometimes overcome an individual

I would also like to add

Mr. Benning is a terrible individual who does not care for others and is aggressive
he ran a collection agency that was investigated by state-----sexual harassment, threats of violence
AG wants to shut Buffalo collection co. - Buffalo - Business First

I thank you for taking the time to read this
To any moderators I beg you not to take this thread down

I simply wish to speak the truth

I do not approve of what Janelle said but I just wanted to show you the big picture
Thanks.

Old 06-08-2014, 06:07 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
That kind of ghetto, classless behavior is just normal for some people. Sad that the woman has children...

Old 06-08-2014, 06:27 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
What what I see both are equally to blame. Both could have walked away at any time. He used the N word many more times than her, and he seemed to enjoy provoking her. Two immature children taunting each other..
Exactly. He was looking for trouble as much as her. Maybe even more. Blacks do that a lot, usually got that radar on full blast.
And threatening to call the cops because she called him a Nagger? Lol more tax dollars going to waste.
Man up and move on, she ain't worth the hassle. Grow up, she wont.

Old 06-08-2014, 06:29 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,551 times
Eric Holder disapproves.
Bet she gets audited too haha

Old 06-08-2014, 06:31 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
Exactly. He was looking for trouble as much as her. Maybe even more. Blacks do that a lot, usually got that radar on full blast.
And threatening to call the cops because she called him a Nagger? Lol more tax dollars going to waste.
Man up and move on, she ain't worth the hassle. Grow up, she wont.
It's hilarious how many people make this absurd argument. I'm just sitting in my car, some person runs up and starts screaming at me, calling me racial slurs, and threatening me for no good reason, and this means I'm looking for trouble, more so than the shrieking lunatic who has chosen to confront me.

White supremacy is an amazing piece of work.

Old 06-08-2014, 06:34 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
It's hilarious how many people make this absurd argument. I'm just sitting in my car, some person runs up and starts screaming at me, calling me racial slurs, and threatening me for no good reason, and this means I'm looking for trouble, more so than the shrieking lunatic who has chosen to confront me.

Right, but of course, some people love to defend ghetto behavior...

Old 06-08-2014, 06:38 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post

He was not just sitting in his car. Apparently he did something and conveniently the cameras started to roll right on time. Im not saying she was right...obviously she is a loon, but he is far faaaar from innocent.

Old 06-08-2014, 06:47 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Szeliga View Post

so now she will have a criminal record, she will be left jobless,
Her life has been ruined
This is the funniest thing in your whole, great big long bunch of words. She's a STRIPPER. Strip joint owners don't care if a person has a criminal record. Some might not want to take the chance on her good off---no pun intended---on the customers but I promise you, they hire people with criminal records all the time.

A woman who has so little control over her emotions that she'd go off that in front of children should have her kids taken away. She could have walked away at any point. But she didn't.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 06-08-2014 at 06:57 PM..

Old 06-08-2014, 07:05 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
He was not just sitting in his car. Apparently he did something and conveniently the cameras started to roll right on time. Im not saying she was right...obviously she is a loon, but he is far faaaar from innocent.
The woman's claim is that he scared her kid by...starting his car. Problem is, the kids are on camera, dancing and playing around right behind her as she spews insults and threats. No, sorry, the idea that he has any guilt here is laughable. There's nothing at all that justifies her threats and insults, he's perfectly rational the entire time, all he did was sit there recording her threats while "Halftime" by Nas played in the background (good taste in music, bruh). And in truth, no reasonable person would react to someone starting their car by spewing racism and threats. In fact, the vast majority of bipolar people wouldn't do that, either.

I have no sympathy for this woman - any problems she runs into because of this video is entirely her own fault.

Old 06-08-2014, 07:42 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,595,964 times
Good for her for not taking his crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies