Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2014, 04:46 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Single mothers, especially hookers and strippers are coddled by the left.
Perhaps you guys are a minority on the left that feel that way. The majority of people on the left and the right don't.

Old 06-09-2014, 05:07 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,040,241 times
Please unwed your panties and watch "Blazing Saddles".

You won't look for reasons to be so easily offended and actually might laugh.

Old 06-09-2014, 06:55 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Why does her job make a difference??? (I know she is the one to bring it up....but, still??)

I am leaning toward this was staged.

Old 06-09-2014, 07:47 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
Its not like a white mob of 20 people beat the guy for almost running over a kid. THAT would never happen with any race here in the USA.
Oh, wait...guess I'm wrong.

It is ghetto behavior...period. Not sure why people like to defend utter foolishness.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:05 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
There is a major difference between a black man using the N Word and a white racist using the N word!!! Don't think so walk into a venue and give it a shot...
You seem to like to discuss racial themed threads from what I can tell and make provocative comments. For instance you liking how Sharpton gets under conservatives skins. Is not his racism worse than this ignorant woman in this video in your mind

More to the point about your comment, you make it seem as if the result of a white person uttering the word n igger is somehow worse than a black person saying it. Your supposed proof is an implication that reaction to it would indicate a difference. In reality many leaders in the black community abhor the use of it among fellow blacks. That is especially true when blacks in the entertainment industry use it and it reaches millions of people.
So I believe a logical argument could be made that it is MORE harmful for blacks to say it, than non blacks.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:14 AM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
It is unfortunate that this guy who sounds lucid and intelligent enough, chose to provoke the crazy crack head stripper. That whole scene was bad for those kids, if mommy doesn't care, at least this guy could see that and drive away.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:00 AM

24,415 posts, read 23,070,474 times
I'm waiting to see his tape at what provoked the incident. Does he have more or is this all there is?. A few thoughts. One, if she was black and talked as ignorantly as that, would she be racist? I've seen videos where black women go off the deep end like that on other black people and use that kind of language. I've also seen videos of white women going off like that on other white people. They used equally foul language but race didn't get brought into it. So... I don't think racism is the major issue here, at least I hope people can see that and raise their perspective up a bit. What you have is an extremely irate and foul mouthed woman who goes off on a guy for allegedly doing something that frightened her kids. The kids seemed okay, though. But the guy seemed to be willing to keep her going. He had the right to be mad( assuming he didn't do anything to provoke her and we don't know if he did or didn't. I'd have to give him the benefit of the doubt at this point) at what she said but verbal abuse by her really did no harm to him. Until she began to threaten him, that is.
Me, I'm an easy going guy and have walked away from a holes and idiots that want a fight or an argument or throw a hissy fit over something minor. There are CRAZY people out there and getting into it with them needlessly is just... STUPID.
Another thread waster, keep 'em coming.
And what's the old saying? How you respond to ignorance and hate from somebody tells more about you than their hate and ignorance says about them.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:26 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
In reality many leaders in the black community abhor the use of it among fellow blacks. That is especially true when blacks in the entertainment industry use it and it reaches millions of people.
So I believe a logical argument could be made that it is MORE harmful for blacks to say it, than non blacks.
Appropriation, it's a thing.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:48 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,988,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I saw it as wrong both ways.

He started his car.....to leave.....likely....but, we don't know that.

So...IMO...he stayed for the fight.
I have read most of your comments and I honestly do not understand if you are purposely arguing with people just for entertainment, you don't like to read others comments or you are just straight up in denial.

I think anybody with an ounce of common sense realize why he still remained and would have done the same. He did exactly what we are dealing with now, drawing attention to behavior that was shown towards him so that he could report her and also use it as a teachable moment. He saw behavior that was abusive, intimidating and threatening, so naturally he wanted to get some type of proof. How many people do you know will go to the police and say they were threatened without any proof and be able to prove their case? I don't know if you are a woman or not, I am assuming you are, but as a man, if you say that a woman threatened you, you will be laughed at. This woman was very violent and irrational.

Also, consider the fact that the whole time, this man stayed in his car and never stepped out while filming this. The woman walked over to him and even threatened him several times. She was clearly the aggressor. Their actions, at least on film, were not equal. If he was in his car, and they were both wrong, then what was stopping her from getting in her car and going away?

I don't blame him for recording this. If someone was that disrespectful and that violent towards me, I would want some proof of it too.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:53 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,988,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
I agree. I believe in equality, but also class and common sense. After the second or third time he said she called him the n-word, he should have just driven away. Point made. Why continue on? He also was inconsiderate of the children when he did not leave, but continued reminding her. She of course was wrong making the racist slur and with her angry threats during the conflict. She was also frankly stupid to act that way while being filmed.

You are spot on in your description...two immature children. Too many adults these days are not adults, but just older children.
Why was he inconsiderate of the kids? What did he do that was wrong? Why should he be forced to leave? He has a right to be there and based on the film, he did not do anything to the kids. If the kids were really a concern, then the mother should have took them out of that environment. End of story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies