Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 03:34 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,075,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I see you have not shown where I was wrong.....here is a little something to read....

Stupak: HHS Mandate Violates My Obamacare Compromise
Well I do sleep at night and have a summer internship during the day that keeps me away from the computer during the day, so there's that.

But you spun it such that Stupak was opposed to Obamacare. Stupak's a pro-life Democrat, so he was in favor of Obamacare EXCEPT for the part that allowed for abortion (and contraception) coverage. He held out on voting for the ACA until a compromise with Obama for him to issue an executive order that would continue to outlaw federal funds for abortion. What happened in the long term is hindsight. But I think this exercise shows you that there are representatives out there with multiple viewpoints, or at least there were. They seem to be a dying breed.

You made it seem like Stupak told his constituents he was absolutely opposed to Obamacare, and then flip-flopped under pressure. That's not what happened and you know it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2014, 03:40 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
Well I do sleep at night and have a summer internship during the day that keeps me away from the computer during the day, so there's that.

But you spun it such that Stupak was opposed to Obamacare. Stupak's a pro-life Democrat, so he was in favor of Obamacare EXCEPT for the part that allowed for abortion (and contraception) coverage. He held out on voting for the ACA until a compromise with Obama for him to issue an executive order that would continue to outlaw federal funds for abortion. What happened in the long term is hindsight. But I think this exercise shows you that there are representatives out there with multiple viewpoints, or at least there were. They seem to be a dying breed.

You made it seem like Stupak told his constituents he was absolutely opposed to Obamacare, and then flip-flopped under pressure. That's not what happened and you know it.
He said he would NEVER vote for ACA....NEVER...do you understand the word????

I heard him say it many times........two or, three times in my family room.

Then he tucked his tail and moved out of the area.

He knew he would never be reelected.

Last edited by Driller1; 06-12-2014 at 04:08 PM..

Old 06-12-2014, 03:44 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,120 times
Republicans want to take my herb and democrats want to take my guns and make me buy into that health insurance racket,

Old 07-01-2014, 01:29 AM

782 posts, read 1,087,398 times
What?????? What??????????? You're neither a Dem nor Rep ??????????????

OMG, OMG. You're going to cause many brains to explode by saying that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-01-2014, 12:18 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,536,396 times
The partisanship that everyone desperately clings to is a media construction serving the necessary function of letting you self-identify, in the absence of anything in your life more substantive.

Old 07-01-2014, 02:24 PM

35,077 posts, read 31,302,097 times
I agree there is a lot of overall between Rs and Ds, a lot more overlap than I am comfortable seeing. Both are selling the country to corporatism. Neither is really doing much on jobs or security.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies