Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 03:03 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
So you really think I'm using this one example of someone using the Bible to promote violence as evidence that Christianity is a religion of violence? Really? Really?
perhaps not in your case, but my point still stands. when liberals do what you just did in any argument, its satire, but when conservatives do it, it is a personal attack. and pointing out the hypocrisy was my point.

Old 06-11-2014, 03:03 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Must have missed the part where Jesus taught this, either that or you're completely ignorant of his teachings.
Are you saying the Puritans weren't Christians? What were they? Atheists?

Old 06-11-2014, 03:04 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times
I do want to point out that something being in the Bible or not isn't especially important. The Crusades, for example, were far more political than religious, but that doesn't change the fact that religious people carried it out.

In short, something being "Biblical Canon" isn't important, especially when talking about a politician.

It is a fact that this mans views are extreme, be it a "Christian value" or not. The problem is not his religion, it's him.

Old 06-11-2014, 03:05 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
Conservatives... tell me if I'm going this right.

1. Take the actions of some outliers to a group
2. Apply those actions to the group as a whole
3. Claim that those actions are what the group support
So you're complaining about taking the actions of a few and applying it to the many, and you're using that complaint to take a quote from one person and condemn an entire religion for it. Ever heard of the word "hypocrisy"?

Old 06-11-2014, 03:06 PM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:

Oklahoma political candidate expresses extreme views on homosexuality | KFOR.com

Absolutely right out of the democratic playbook.

I really hope you realize that.

If you are blind to that institutionalized tactic, best show your patriotism by not voting because you are missing so much more important information.

Of course if you want to stand here and claim Christianity is an institutionalized religion of violence you can, be be warned you will not be taken seriously.

Old 06-11-2014, 03:06 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Can you point to where the Puritans conducted burnings?

The Puritans fled Europe to escape such persecution.

Are all Canadians this ignorant of history.

Old 06-11-2014, 03:08 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,230,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Do you know what Christian means? Have you cracked open a Bible? Try doing that and then you may be enlightened on the subject.

Old 06-11-2014, 03:09 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:

Only a progressive extremist can make the leap from a single politician saying his personal views to "welp, so much for all 2 Billion Christians being peaceful!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Are all Canadians really this ignorant of history?
The progressive liberal disease doesn't stop at borders.

Old 06-11-2014, 03:17 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
So you really think I'm using this one example of someone using the Bible to promote violence as evidence that Christianity is a religion of violence? Really? Really?
"Welp... so much for Christianity being a religion of peace"

What should we think, and how are we wrong for thinking it?

I guess you were in a hypnotic stupor when you titled your own thread.

Old 06-11-2014, 03:19 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
I do want to point out that something being in the Bible or not isn't especially important. The Crusades, for example, were far more political than religious, but that doesn't change the fact that religious people carried it out.

In short, something being "Biblical Canon" isn't important, especially when talking about a politician.

It is a fact that this mans views are extreme, be it a "Christian value" or not. The problem is not his religion, it's him.
while the people of the crusades were religious people, it doesnt mean they were doing gods work during the crusades, despite what they claimed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies