Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 09:12 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,769,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The lesson is "stay out". Yes we mostly stayed out of Syria but that was only because the principled arm of the left demanded it. We should all thank them.
I don't think bombing Syria's capacity to launch chemical weapon attacks would constitute getting into Syria. Either way, Obama's threat of action led to the reduction of Syria's chemical weapons. So we have that going for us, which is nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2014, 09:23 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
U.S.: signs point to Syria using chlorine gas in attacks

U.S.: signs point to Syria using chlorine gas in attacks - CNN.com

Chemical weapons go out one door and back in the back door.

Old 06-12-2014, 09:35 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,173,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream2020 View Post
But they are on the run, and the core cell was decimated.

They are on the run TOWARDS Bagdad. Militants are taking over all the territory surrendered by Un-President Barry.

Old 06-12-2014, 09:37 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,769,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
They are on the run TOWARDS Bagdad. Militants are taking over all the territory surrendered by Un-President Barry.
It's weird how everything is Obama's fault and never the responsibility of those who are actually responsible. I'm sensing a pattern.

Old 06-12-2014, 09:54 AM

46,948 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
So we forget the lessons of 9/11
One of the lessons of 9/11 should be to not let a concerted media effort redirect justified anger over a terrorist attack into a fervent public desire to attack a nation that had b.gger-all to do with the attack in the first place.

Old 06-12-2014, 09:55 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,868,942 times
Obama bin laudin'.

Old 06-12-2014, 09:57 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
I wish just once, the Obama haters who blame him for everything in the world that's wrong, would commit to a course of action and state it clearly.
Tell us now, what you would do in this current situation in Iraq before Obama makes a definitive move there.

Would you leave it alone and keep America out of it?

Would you immediately send troops and drop the 101st Airborne north of Baghdad to stop the ISIS?

Tell us for once what you consider the correct course of action and involvement at this stage of the situation before the President makes a move. Instead of only saying what the correct course of action is after the president makes his move and of course, the wrong move in your judgement.

So which is it? Stay out? Commit American might? For once just drop the other shoe and take a stand.

But all we'll hear from you is crickets because if you state what you think the president should do before he commits, he has a 50/50 chance of being right and in your partisan world, you can't take that chance.

Bunch of two faced idiots.

Old 06-12-2014, 10:01 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I wish just once, the Obama haters who blame him for everything in the world that's wrong, would commit to a course of action and state it clearly.
Tell us now, what you would do in this current situation in Iraq before Obama makes a definitive move there.
I have. (I haven't blamed Obama for everything though, just what he is responsible for)

Quote:

Would you immediately send troops and drop the 101st Airborne north of Baghdad to stop the ISIS?

Tell us for once what you consider the correct course of action and involvement at this stage of the situation before the President makes a move. Instead of only saying what the correct course of action is after the president makes his move and of course, the wrong move in your judgement.

So which is it? Stay out? Commit American might? For once just drop the other shoe and take a stand.

But all we'll hear from you is crickets because if you state what you think the president should do before he commits, he has a 50/50 chance of being right and in your partisan world, you can't take that chance.

He does need to stay out but the sad part is we by and large created the problem. That wasn't Obama's fault but he needs to learn from it. Bring the soldiers home. All of them, everywhere. Apologize for Libya.

Old 06-12-2014, 10:16 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I have. (I haven't blamed Obama for everything though, just what he is responsible for)

He does need to stay out but the sad part is we by and large created the problem. That wasn't Obama's fault but he needs to learn from it. Bring the soldiers home. All of them, everywhere. Apologize for Libya.
To be honest, you've been fair in your assessment of the good and bad decisions the president has made.
I'm talking to the people who start a thread proclaiming the president screwed up again over the latest world disaster(of which there are many). Gretsky, Wetjet, et al... They only say that what he has done is wrong but they won't say what they would do. Based on this thread I assume they would like us to drop a couple hundred thousand troops into Iraq and save the country from the evils of radical Islam. Fat chance, that.

I too think we should stay out of this cluster and if the president said he was going to send troops there, I'd be the first to condemn him for it.. You don't hear any European allies demanding action or offering to rush in and save the Maliki government.

Old 06-12-2014, 10:22 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,007,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post

I'm with you. I asked, on the first page, responding to the OP, what he/she would do, or what others would do, NOW.

The OP has not replied, but I do recognize that he/she usually posts new threads early in the morning and then leaves for work. Yet, others herein are clearly at their computer, with no one saying "Here Be What I Would Do!".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies