Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 09:36 AM

23,530 posts, read 17,208,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
All politicians are snakes, but at least he can make it look like he cares about something other than an agenda. Gee.
Obama fans are satisfied with a good fake rather than genuine sincerity. that's the most they can expect from their community organizer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2014, 09:38 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
Inappropriate. Rather than stating sympathy or any words of comfort all he could talk about were his policies on gun control.

As stated before I am a registered democrat. I voted for Obama in the first election and in the 2nd Mitt Romney.

I think we get so intertwined in issues and politics it makes us ineffective at solving anything in a meaningful and constructive way.
So you got what you wanted. No gun control. Obama simply does not have the time to grieve, attend all the funerals, etc....for all of these repeated school shootings.

Old 06-12-2014, 09:40 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
He's frustrated, and it's understandable. I suspect the President has made a private call of condolence to the most recently bereaved family in which he expressed his sorrow for their loss, as is the custom for the office. His public call for our nation to finally do something in the aftermath of this latest school shooting is hardly inappropriate.

Old 06-12-2014, 09:41 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Everyone knows schools are gun free zones. hmm, now why doesn't the bad guy comply? The bad guy still brings a gun.
Ah yes, because it is the "gun free zone" that is causing the gun violence.

We should make it a law that everyone must have a gun in each hand at all times. That will solve all our problems.

Old 06-12-2014, 09:44 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Maybe 'you' need better sources?

You, like the rest of the myna bird crowd are something to behold!

Lying About School Shootings | National Review Online
I see you don't mind the number of school shootings that have happened in this country. Shame I can't stick my head in the sand like other people can.

Old 06-12-2014, 09:46 AM

4,919 posts, read 4,832,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
He's frustrated, and it's understandable. I suspect the President has made a private call of condolence to the most recently bereaved family in which he expressed his sorrow for their loss, as is the custom for the office. His public call for our nation to finally do something in the aftermath of this latest school shooting is hardly inappropriate.
You're joking .. right?

The clown-n-chief can't even bother to call the dead soldiers families, you know, the ones who died searching for a deserter?

You bots are truly brain dead!

Old 06-12-2014, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I thought the president was charged with defending the rights guaranteed by the constitution? Oh well, seems like both have been rendered worthless.
Seems that the gun fanatics deem our children "worth less" than guns.

Old 06-12-2014, 09:51 AM

4,919 posts, read 4,832,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I see you don't mind the number of school shootings that have happened in this country. Shame I can't stick my head in the sand like other people can.
We can always be more like China!

What will be your crying points then?

GET OFF the myna-bird .. Gun Grabbing meme!

School attacks in China (2010–12)

Quote:
A series of uncoordinated mass stabbings, hammer attacks, and cleaver attacks in the People's Republic of China began in March 2010. The spate of attacks left at least 25 dead and some 115 injured. As most cases had no known motive, analysts have blamed mental health problems caused by rapid social change for the rise in these kinds of mass murder and murder-suicide incidents.[1] Such attacks are extremely rare in the United States such as the 2013 stabbing at the Lone Star College in Texas in 2013, and other nations have had unexplained serial killings.

As the Chenpeng school attack was followed by the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in the United States hours later[2][3] comparisons were drawn between the two. The difference in gun control laws between the two countries was used to explain the disparity in casualties of the school attacks by journalists and politicians, including U.S. Representative Jerry Nadler,[4][5] and an article in the Associated Press noted that despite the different outcomes, an underlying commonality between the attacks was the increased frequency of school attacks because, "attackers often seek out the vulnerable, hoping to amplify their outrage before they themselves often commit suicide.

On March 23, 2010, Zheng Minsheng 41, murdered eight children with a knife in an elementary school in Nanping,Fujian province.

Just a few hours after the execution of Zheng Minsheng in neighboring Fujian Province, in Leizhou, Guangdong another knife-wielding man named Chen Kangbing, 33 at Hongfu Primary School wounded 16 students and a teacher.

Chen Kangbing had been a teacher at a different primary school in Leizhou, but was on sick leave due to mental illness.

He was sentenced to death by a court in Zhanjiang in June.

On April 29 in Taixing, Jiangsu, unemployed 47-year-old Xu Yuyuan went to Zhongxin Kindergarten and stabbed 28 students and two teachers after stabbing the security guard, most of the Taixing students were 4 years old. The attack was the second in China in just two days.

On April 30, Wang Yonglai used a hammer to cause head injury to preschool children in Weifang, Shandong, then used gasoline to commit suicide by self-immolation.
WHOLE lot more at link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_...ina_(2010–12

Old 06-12-2014, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Of course! The mantra of these folks is to blame the TOOL, not the person! IF the person should be blamed by some quirk, be sure to show all the problems that caused the poor person to go berserk; he was bullied, no girls liked him, he was short, he was tall, he was skinny, he was fat, he got straight A's in school, he didn't get straight A's in school, etc....
BUT, generally, it is the fault of the TOOL! Those dang GUNS just jump into someones hand and FORCE them to do terrible things!

Those dang GUNS get in the hands of children, mentally disturbed, and criminals way too easy!

Old 06-12-2014, 09:53 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
You're joking .. right?

The clown-n-chief can't even bother to call the dead soldiers families, you know, the ones who died searching for a deserter?

You bots are truly brain dead!
Did Bush make 3,000 phone calls? One for each soldier killed under his watch in Iraq and Afghanistan?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies