Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 09:07 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Islam the religion of peace ? Hey liberals you want to see a real war on women look at Islam
Yeah, because Christianity was never used in the pursuit of violence or anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2014, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
If you want to defend "Neaderthalism" and the enslavement of women, it is your right to do so. But your support does not make it right no matter how many people do it. You sound like a character out of The Lottery.

The rights of women didn't begin eroding until later in the bronze age. Most of humanity was fairly egalitarian with very little strict hierarchical social structures.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:10 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Their country, their culture, their laws.
Not very many years ago, we would have known nothing about it.
I often wish it was STILL that way.

I wish we knew nothing of those cultures as well.

To add...
In the 19th century girls in the USA were often wed for the purpose of breeding soon after they had their first period; this was a practice carried over from European culture.
Sorry to surprise liberal progressives but it is a global culture and the girls are promised when they are tots.
How old are farm animals, dog or cats when they are bred?
Don't let the fact the girls are human upset you for they are still animals just as you and I and their bodies are mature enough for sex and reproduction. You can't fight mother natture from behind a keyboard.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:16 AM

671 posts, read 690,577 times
Actually, the problem is here, too. We don't have to go to the middle East...It's worse in Great Britain right now where Sharia law courts are often taking precedence over GB's law. (I'd have to research more about our courts...)

David Pipes said it's the moderate Muslims one has to also look out for...they are figuratively and literally building Sharia law via the pillars of mosques.

I personally heard a chilling statement by a Muslim at a neighborhood BBQ (btw, the burka-shielded women were in the house eating in a side room). He was talking about our Constitution with another gentleman, and said the it should be "replaced" as our culture is going down the toilet. When asked "with what"? The Muslim man smiled, and said slyly, "why, Sharia law and the Koran, of course!". BTW, this Muslim man was on an exchange program at one of our military bases.
This is not the only personal interaction I've had with Muslims....I am friends with two Muslim women, Shi'a, who both escaped their families HERE in the U.S., because they would have been killed by their fathers or brothers because they embraced Western culture. There's more, but that's not the point.
The point is that our world culture is being hijacked by Islam and Sharia. Here's a good overall article on the culture of Sharia:

http://chersonandmolschky.com/2013/1...t-women-islam/

What to do? Again, I don't know. However, what we SHOULD have done, is close our borders loooonnnngggg ago. Especially to those who didn't (or don't) intend to assimilate into OUR culture and laws.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Executing a murderer is not enslavement. A 14-year-old girl being married is not enslavement.

Women's rights are severely curtailed in Iran. I don't like that. Men, especially divorced fathers, don't have it too good in this country. Guess which one I'm more interested in changing?

When she has no say in the matter it is. Yeah, men have it awful in America. It's so brutally rough to be a man in the United States .

Old 07-03-2014, 09:25 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Yeah, because Christianity was never used in the pursuit of violence or anything.
At this moment of time what christian sect I'd militarily taking over a country and forcing children into marriage

Old 07-05-2014, 03:37 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post
Actually, the problem is here, too. We don't have to go to the middle East...It's worse in Great Britain right now where Sharia law courts are often taking precedence over GB's law. (I'd have to research more about our courts...)

David Pipes said it's the moderate Muslims one has to also look out for...they are figuratively and literally building Sharia law via the pillars of mosques.

I personally heard a chilling statement by a Muslim at a neighborhood BBQ (btw, the burka-shielded women were in the house eating in a side room). He was talking about our Constitution with another gentleman, and said the it should be "replaced" as our culture is going down the toilet. When asked "with what"? The Muslim man smiled, and said slyly, "why, Sharia law and the Koran, of course!". BTW, this Muslim man was on an exchange program at one of our military bases.
This is not the only personal interaction I've had with Muslims....I am friends with two Muslim women, Shi'a, who both escaped their families HERE in the U.S., because they would have been killed by their fathers or brothers because they embraced Western culture. There's more, but that's not the point.
The point is that our world culture is being hijacked by Islam and Sharia. Here's a good overall article on the culture of Sharia:

http://chersonandmolschky.com/2013/1...t-women-islam/

What to do? Again, I don't know. However, what we SHOULD have done, is close our borders loooonnnngggg ago. Especially to those who didn't (or don't) intend to assimilate into OUR culture and laws.
Then we would've closed off the country to lots of European immigrants because many of them refused to assimilate at first until they were forced to do so.

Old 07-05-2014, 04:08 PM

2,836 posts, read 3,496,025 times
Obviously, if she was raped, it's her fault; and, she should be stoned to death. That makes perfect sense. This is the sort of nonsense that prevails when you allow religion to rule.

Old 07-05-2014, 04:32 PM

2,982 posts, read 4,101,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
With free marriage in this country and the recognition (by most) that girls are nowhere near marriage ready at those young ages - that whole scene seems immoral to me. Terrible stuff. I could not imagine giving my daughter in marriage that young in life.

Iran is not supposed to be executing her because she committed the crime at 17 (world rules they signed up for) - but they are using their own interpretation of defining what a juvenile is.
It's a sad state of affairs but who can honestly say they are surprised by this? We are talking about Iran after all.

Old 07-05-2014, 05:16 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Iranian child bride faces execution for killing the man she was forced to marry

Razieh Ebrahimi was forced to marry at the age of 14, became a mother at 15, and killed her husband at 17. Now at 21, she is on Iran's death row.

Ebrahimi, who shot dead her husband while he was sleeping, faces imminent execution, despite international laws prohibiting execution for crimes committed by juveniles.

"I didn't know who I am or what is life all about," she said soon after being arrested. "My husband mistreated me. He used any excuse to insult me, even attacking me physically."

Sadr said Justice for Iran's research shows in 2012 alone, 1,537 girls under the age of of 10 and 29,827 girls between the ages of 10 and 14 were registered for marriage in Iran.

With free marriage in this country and the recognition (by most) that girls are nowhere near marriage ready at those young ages - that whole scene seems immoral to me. Terrible stuff. I could not imagine giving my daughter in marriage that young in life.

Iran is not supposed to be executing her because she committed the crime at 17 (world rules they signed up for) - but they are using their own interpretation of defining what a juvenile is.
That's the religion that the liberals vastly prefer over Christianity and Judaism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies