Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 01:31 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,268,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Or about Michelle Obama. The words they use to describe her would fit perfectly at Storm Front. Which is where a lot of posters here are from, it would seem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yea, you use the word baboon in reference to Michelle then accuse them of calling her that when you are the only one in the entire thread who posted that word. Unbelievable.
Really, now. I can't recall EVER seeing anything so classless and crass from HeyJude514. Other posters leap immediately to mind, but I don't think I'm allowed to name names.

Instead, I'll ask you to prove such an ugly allegation, or admit that you made it up. A link to the referenced thread will suffice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2014, 01:46 PM

Oh, hold the phone, I think I found what you're referencing, and as expected, it's exactly the opposite of what you just accused HeyJude514 of.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California
I see that ugly, despicable woman and I think of Chewbacca only not as cool.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38
That baboon hasn't worked an honest day in her life.
Originally Posted by HeyJude514
And Conservatives can't understand why they are seen as racists.
You really have no shame, do you?

I think we all await your apology to HeyJude514.

Old 06-23-2014, 01:52 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,151,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
A book based on hearsay.
Most books of the biographical nature, are, right?

Old 06-23-2014, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Most books of the biographical nature, are, right?

No.

If you don't know what a real biography is, complete with researched and well-documented facts, then we can't help you.

What you're thinking of is commonly known as a "tell-all" or "smear piece."

Old 06-23-2014, 01:59 PM

Ok, so here's the deal folks (especially the liberal naysayers): There's something called libel, slander, and defamation. Any combination of these three things is always on the mind of anyone who uses direct quotes to attribute words to someone. Do you think that Ed Klein would be willing to take on the Clinton Machine/Obama Machine if these were not words that could corroborated, or at least attributable in a court of law? Do you think that he would make these direct quotes up out of thin air under the threat of penalty? If so, don't you think there would be hundreds and thousands of books out there making up any and every lie conceivable about people?

He can't just make **** up about what people have said, publish a book, make money from it, and not suffer consquences. People have gone to jail for these things. That means there has to be some truth to what he's saying.

Old 06-23-2014, 02:02 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,188,256 times
Quote:
Ok, so here's the deal folks (especially the liberal naysayers): There's something called libel, slander, and defamation. Any combination of these three things is always on the mind of anyone who uses direct quotes to attribute words to someone. Do you think that Ed Klein would be willing to take on the Clinton Machine/Obama Machine if these were not words that could corroborated, or at least attributable in a court of law? Do you think that he would make these direct quotes up out of thin air under the threat of penalty?

He can't just make **** up about what people have said, publish a book, make money from it, and not suffer consquences. People have gone to jail for these things. That means there has to be some truth to what he's saying.
If this was the UK, with it's tough libel law, you'd have a point. But in the US, in order to prove a libel case, you have to prove that the writer acted maliciously (the writer intentionally and maliciously lied), which is difficult to prove in court. If the US had the UK's libel law, most American celebrity rags would be put out of business.

Old 06-23-2014, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Ok, so here's the deal folks (especially the liberal naysayers): There's something called libel, slander, and defamation. Any combination of these three things is always on the mind of anyone who uses direct quotes to attribute words to someone. Do you think that Ed Klein would be willing to take on the Clinton Machine/Obama Machine if these were not words that could corroborated, or at least attributable in a court of law? Do you think that he would make these direct quotes up out of thin air under the threat of penalty?

Bahahahahahaha.

This is America in the 21st century, the world of Breitbart and outrageously manufactured outrage.

Please tell me, for instance, what Shirley Sherrod got after Breitbart deliberately and maliciously excerpted one part of an old speech that GOT HER FIRED and castigated throughout the country, only to have to reveal that the context of the speech completely contradicted everything Breitbart and the rightwing media machine said about her in the meantime?

Please tell me what happened to ACORN after Breitbart's minion STAGED a fake "video" in which the ACORN employee did nothing that Breitbart's guy claimed, immediately reported that something fishy was going on to his superior, and Breitbart, the media, and every RWNJ on this forum STILL insist proved ACORN corruption?

Oh, that's right. ACORN was dismantled BECAUSE OF THE VICIOUS, FICTITIOUS CRAP.

Your naiveté, or perhaps your knowing disingenuousness, would be cute, if it weren't destroying this country.

Old 06-23-2014, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post

No.

If you don't know what a real biography is, complete with researched and well-documented facts, then we can't help you.

What you're thinking of is commonly known as a "tell-all" or "smear piece."
Wrong. Biographies are research pieces....but that doesn't mean they are researched "well" or with "documented facts." A biographer can interpret anything he wants under the premise of "biographical" information. That doesn't mean it's accurate.

Why are liberals so damn gullible?

Old 06-23-2014, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
If this was the UK, with it's tough libel law, you'd have a point. But in the US, in order to prove a libel case, you have to prove that the writer acted maliciously (the writer intentionally and maliciously lied), which is difficult to prove in court. If the US had the UK's libel law, most American celebrity rags would be put out of business.
Difficult does not mean that the threat of penalty is not there and therefore won't be pursued.

Old 06-23-2014, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Bahahahahahaha.

This is America in the 21st century, the world of Breitbart and outrageously manufactured outrage.

Please tell me, for instance, what Shirley Sherrod got after Breitbart deliberately and maliciously excerpted one part of an old speech that GOT HER FIRED and castigated throughout the country, only to have to reveal that the context of the speech completely contradicted everything Breitbart and the rightwing media machine said about her in the meantime?

Please tell me what happened to ACORN after Breitbart's minion STAGED a fake "video" in which the ACORN employee did nothing that Breitbart's guy claimed, immediately reported that something fishy was going on to his superior, and Breitbart, the media, and every RWNJ on this forum STILL insist proved ACORN corruption?

Oh, that's right. ACORN was dismantled BECAUSE OF THE VICIOUS, FICTITIOUS CRAP.

Your naiveté, or perhaps your knowing disingenuousness, would be cute, if it weren't destroying this country.
Geezus Christ. Of the millions of books written in the history of man, of the kazillions of lies that have been told about people, you actually thought it was worthy to deflect to a blog post and a YouTube video to make your case about libel, slander, and defamation?

But, since you did, i'll bite: Do you think that those folks should have sued? If not, why not?

Oh, that's right....she did sue! Which makes your post even that much more irrelevant and 100% supports MY POST instead!

Sherrod Sues Breitbart For Damaged Reputation | Blog | Media Matters for America

I'm still looking for an intellectual liberal on this forum. I'm convinced they do not exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies