Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 02:40 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times

Advertisements

Too bad the scientist wasn't as smart as the White House... the scientist didn't delete all the data and emails and claim no wrongdoing... my hard drive crashed...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2014, 02:43 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,536,396 times
Scientist: "We keep all of our data and research on the same hard drive as we do Star Trek the Next Generation episodes".
Mindless Dolt: "Interesting, I'd like to take a look at that research".
Scientist: "We deleted all the research data, we had to have room for our new seasons of the Big Bang Theory TV Show".
Mindless Dolt: "Okely-Dokely!"

Old 06-26-2014, 02:49 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Here's some interesting reading.

Faked Climate Change Data

The cost of this hoax and lie is incalculable. Hell, manbearpig, Al Gore isn't sticking his honker out anymore lol
Yet look at the people who line up to line Gore's pockets.....amazes me how gullible people are to sit and watch a guy who owns more homes than most and travels a lot by jetliner. Even his wife had to take another path.

Al Gore is like the tent revival preacher with snake oil and the followers line up for the snake dance!

Old 06-26-2014, 03:10 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,991,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
HIV vaccine researcher Dong-Pyou Han charged in major fraud case | Fox News

Scientist who faked AIDS research indicted

Federal grants for promising research.....that's how it works.

But those fine, upstanding, trustworthy global warming scientists would NEVER commit such a fraud, right liberals?

Never!
What really gets me amused is the lack of understanding that scientists are human beings like all the other 9 billion of us alive today and life in a scientific establishment is no different than in any other human organization. There are moments of joy, anger, sorrow, fear and sometimes great comedy.

But one thing that scientists insist on is the data must not be faked, you can fudge it or pencil whip it but your peers will decide whether you have crossed the line. If you exclude data you must state why you did so. If you do a calculation you must clearly tell us why you made the choices you did. Trust is everything. Fakery has only one punishment and that is the end of a scientific career. You can count that Dong-Pyou Han will never be able to work in any scientific organization again. It doesn't matter how bright he is or what he did before. His academic credentials are now worthless and he had better find another line of work to support himself because he won't be able to do science again.

Old 06-26-2014, 03:23 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Here's some interesting reading.

Faked Climate Change Data

The cost of this hoax and lie is incalculable. Hell, manbearpig, Al Gore isn't sticking his honker out anymore lol
He's too busy counting his money.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:40 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Money corrupts science...

Imagine that???

Old 06-26-2014, 09:43 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,185,946 times
Quote:

But those fine, upstanding, trustworthy global warming scientists would NEVER commit such a fraud, right liberals?

Never!
lol

A person who clearly enjoys the fruits of scientist's labor starting a thread trying to damn all of them.

Too funny.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:55 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:

Never!

You know, I have no idea what scientists say about climate change, nor do I care. I just don't pay attention to any of them. I go with my gut and my instincts.

Old 07-15-2014, 04:06 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,749,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Wait a second... Who uncovered it? Other scientists? That's usually how it works. People are dishonest in every walk of life. No doubt about it. The great part of peer review in science is that your work is constantly being checked over and over again. It tends to keep people honest and, at a minimum, expose glaring oversights and mistakes done by someone's work even if done unintentionally.

Most hoaxes and faked research gets uncovered by other scientists. That's part of the power of the scientific method - not a flaw in it.
Unless those scientists are discredited, muzzled and/or forced to resign instead of being heard. The EPA simply muzzled all scientists who pointed out the holes in the AGW theory. They continued to pay them, but refused to let them speak publicy or publish their work. In the UK they've sent the directive not to allow media time for scientists who don't support the cause. Several scientists have resigned from the IPCC recently saying that when they pointed out obvious errors in the data being used they were blackballed. Basically any scientist who dares point out the obvious holes in the AGW theory or any fraud is to have their careers destroyed & be exiled from the scientific community. That, and the fact that the AGW issue was "settled" without ever engaging in any scientific debate prior to deciding it was factual. These facts should be highly alarming to anyone who believes in the scientific process.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:38 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,946,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
What really gets me amused is the lack of understanding that scientists are human beings like all the other 9 billion of us alive today...
Where did you get your current population figure - Michael Mann? or James Hansen?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies