Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 06:17 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
You don't understand what an op-ed is?

There is no requirement for a newspaper to carry *opinions* that are balanced.

The Washington Post does...yet they continue to be vilified by the Right as a bastion of left thought.
Of all people, you have a lot of nerve telling someone else THEY don't know something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2014, 06:50 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Smile Bill O'Reilly: Subverting American Democracy--The American Press Is So Corrupt

It's always refreshing to hear a notorious member of the media griping about the media.

What's that you say, Bill?

Old 07-13-2014, 07:32 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
The American press is corrupt, there is no such thing as liberal media. There only exists right-wing media, which a larhe component of it is corporate funded, and the corporate left media, which is where MSNBC, HuffPo, WaPo, NYT, Democracy Now, The Nation, etc. fall into. There is no real left-wing media in this country.

Hilarious-

When you are standing far left, everything looks conservative to you.

Newspapers: Beyond the WSJ, name one conservative newspaper that is the primary newspaper for a city over 100,000.

TV- ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, PBS are all liberal. Fox is the only conservative leaning TV news.

Radio: Dominated by conservative talk shows (Limbaugh, Savage, Hannity, Levin, Bachelor).

Internet: Drudge trounces Huffpo.

The mainstream media (television and newspapers) is essentially ALL LIBERAL. One simply needs to look at the political identification of journalists and those who operate newspapers and television news to understand this. To state otherwise is simply outrageous.

Old 07-13-2014, 10:09 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
This is why FOX news has stayed number one for so long. Independents and informed people want both sides of the story. You get a whole set of facts, statistics, information, opinions there that you'd never see on the MSM. Not that FOX isn't biased also, but it's the only big media besides WSJ we have that gives us the other side to get the whole picture of what's really going these days.
The Fox audience trends " mature". I deliver Meals on Wheels. It's amusing to see so many housebound people who watch/ listen to Fox all day and night and talk back to the TV.

Fox does not have competition, whereas the more left leaning cable news entertainment does.

I trended news junkie and realized how much of my time I was wasting. So I swore off all news entertainment for awhile. I don't miss the constant bombardment of fake outrage from both sides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies