Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 11:41 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,902,551 times

Advertisements

It's all about control. Christians want everyone to be Christian, Fanatic Muslims (Not moderates) wish the same and have zero tolerance for anything else. Most people want control over his or her own life. When other people cross boundaries, we have to educate them that we have another view, or approach. I am liberal, but I don't match the current definition of liberal. I am open minded, and tolerant of people who do not disrupt the lives of others as a sporting event. I am not willing to promote open borders, and the dastardly military industrial complex. When it comes to the way our government $upport$ countrie$ that drain the bejeezus out of u$, I am conservative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2014, 11:53 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb501 View Post
I think the obvious answer would be, "no," but what do you think? What side are you on and why? I want to hear your perspective. The more unique, the more interesting. Conservatives, liberals of all stripes, hippies, fundamentalists, gays, straight people, who are you, where do you stand, and what do you think?

If for some reason this post is too controversial or miscategorized, please remove it.
When the country goes into crisis . The question will be is that crisis foreign or economic

Old 08-24-2014, 04:55 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,872,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
I ride bike; liberals ride agenda. They are always "political".

Someone stole my autobike a few days ago.

Has anyone seen it? It's purple and had a purple dog leash attached to it.

AutoBike: The Most Intuitive Bicycle In The World! - YouTube
Found!

Just picked it up from the police station, dirty, but in good shape.

Some kids found it at a local quarry half buried under dirt, and turned it in to the cops.

Yippie!

Old 08-24-2014, 05:07 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
I think the obvious answer would be, "no," but what do you think? What side are you on and why? I want to hear your perspective. The more unique, the more interesting. Conservatives, liberals of all stripes, hippies, fundamentalists, gays, straight people, who are you, where do you stand, and what do you think?

If for some reason this post is too controversial or miscategorized, please remove it.
It is not the fact that one person is a conservative and another person is a liberal that makes them unable to get along. It is the fact that they do not respect the freedom of other to think differently that causes them to be unable to get along. The specific points they differ on aren't really relevant.

The decline in the ability of people to get along seems to be due to the progressives. There have always been liberals and conservatives who argue against each other and try to sway the public to their own thinking. What's different is that the progressives argue against the conservatives rather than arguing against conservative ideas. With a progressive it isn't that the conservative ideas on healthcare won't work, it's that the conservative is evil and wants poor people to get sick and die. With a progressive it isn't that encouraging personal responsibility is the wrong way to improve the lives of the black community, it is that conservatives are racists who want to put black people back in chains.

The progressives don't create a climate of debate on the issues. They create a climate of good versus evil, where if you do not agree with the progressives you aren't wrong on the issues, you are a willfully immoral person who wants others to suffer.

Old 08-24-2014, 05:21 PM

150 posts, read 173,754 times
kidkaos2:

I'm not conservative myself, but I agree with you. Multiculturalism is as totalitarian as Nazism, if not more so.

Old 08-24-2014, 05:33 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
It is not the fact that one person is a conservative and another person is a liberal that makes them unable to get along. It is the fact that they do not respect the freedom of other to think differently that causes them to be unable to get along. The specific points they differ on aren't really relevant.

The decline in the ability of people to get along seems to be due to the progressives. There have always been liberals and conservatives who argue against each other and try to sway the public to their own thinking. What's different is that the progressives argue against the conservatives rather than arguing against conservative ideas. With a progressive it isn't that the conservative ideas on healthcare won't work, it's that the conservative is evil and wants poor people to get sick and die. With a progressive it isn't that encouraging personal responsibility is the wrong way to improve the lives of the black community, it is that conservatives are racists who want to put black people back in chains.

The progressives don't create a climate of debate on the issues. They create a climate of good versus evil, where if you do not agree with the progressives you aren't wrong on the issues, you are a willfully immoral person who wants others to suffer.
Oh, you mean like one the posters here advocating driving all the sick people to the city limits and leaving them to die? Kind of like that?
No, that's not evil at all.

Old 08-24-2014, 06:41 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,971,219 times
Quote:

We get along just fine, when liberals stop trying to use government to control every last thing in your life.

Old 08-25-2014, 05:15 AM

4,366 posts, read 4,581,435 times
It's actually pretty sick when you look past the issue most of them are "selling" and start seeing what they are really doing. I can't think of any good examples right now, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies