Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 11:37 PM

1,696 posts, read 1,715,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Don't we owe China more than we could ever repay. Printing it to pay off debts, without inflating the US dollar? I have some ocean front property in North Dakota for sale.

Are we indebt to China and all the others holding our debt?
There's an old saying. If you owe the bank $100, the bank owns you. If you owe the bank $100M, you own the bank.

World finance is the same deal. If we default, China goes under. We're still the only hard currency in town.

Old 07-16-2014, 12:00 AM

2,974 posts, read 1,984,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
I think what you are seeing is an attempt to get oil to change from being backed by the dollar to another currency. this would cause a massive destabilization of the US economy. We will be faced with the $10-20/ gal oil prices.

I suggest you support the presidents push to get us off oil as our energy. To stay on a 19'th century technology will not be a good thing. We can have better and protect our economy.
is that what you suggest...LOL!!!! dude, you are all over this site cheering for him, you gettin' paid?

Old 07-16-2014, 12:04 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,749,163 times
Quote:
Don't we owe China more than we could ever repay. Printing it to pay off debts, without inflating the US dollar? I have some ocean front property in North Dakota for sale.

Are we indebt to China and all the others holding our debt?
Hey, wait a second!

Old 07-16-2014, 05:47 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
I think what you are seeing is an attempt to get oil to change from being backed by the dollar to another currency. this would cause a massive destabilization of the US economy. We will be faced with the $10-20/ gal oil prices.

I suggest you support the presidents push to get us off oil as our energy. To stay on a 19'th century technology will not be a good thing. We can have better and protect our economy.
Yep. Now is the time for them to make the move to because Obama will do nothing to stop it. It is obvious he wants the US taken down a peg. Although he did take out old Momar but I don't think he had a say in that one. Hey if I were another country I would want to do the same. SDR's on the way.

Old 07-16-2014, 06:33 AM

21 posts, read 23,711 times
That may be the starting point of having global bank. If their initiative works, there is a big possibility a number of countries around the world will join them in their effort to move forward with that plan.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:01 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
There's an old saying. If you owe the bank $100, the bank owns you. If you owe the bank $100M, you own the bank.

World finance is the same deal. If we default, China goes under. We're still the only hard currency in town.

Then there is a thing called collateral. You don't get a loan on good faith, ever.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:16 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
I am actually surprised other countries haven't banded together already to create their own world bank. Most southern hemisphere countries get ignored by northern hemisphere countries.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:18 AM

1,696 posts, read 1,715,055 times
Quote:
Then there is a thing called collateral. You don't get a loan on good faith, ever.
The reputation of the USA is our 'collateral'. I do wish the GOP would stop playing around with it.

Old 07-16-2014, 09:32 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,730,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post

For the moment, we are still the only hard currency in town. Challenges are being made. When we owe dollars that are basically worthless, the bank will own us, regardless of the amount owed.

While our fearless leader is trying hard to cripple our domestic energy sources, it seems that the bakken reserve, and I've heard recently about another huge reserve just discovered in southern gulf states that supposedly could have us independent of any foreign sources for some time to come.......if allowed to be developed without undue govt intervention. If that was the case, five nations, or all the nations forming a new world bank with it's currency pegged to a barrel of oil wouldn't matter much.

Wonder why there is such opposition in this country for drilling, fracking, and developing new energy sources in general?

CN.......

Old 07-16-2014, 09:55 AM

12,040 posts, read 6,572,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
Good for them. Let them bail out all the third world countries they want.
Read the article - it's not about bailing out third world countries, it's about them being protected from the corrupt US banking system, our political system, and the Federal Reserve. They don't want to be at the mercy of western governments anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies