Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 05:42 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,097,922 times

Advertisements

Shankapotomus , what kind of car do you drive and how much did you pay for it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2014, 05:44 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,331,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
You just reinforced my point without asking yourself why. Why are loans necessary at all? Why can't working people procure homes and cars and medical care with their own money after working 40 hours a week?

You seemed to be so reliant on and brainwashed by a debt economy you have completely overlooked the question of why?
How much do you make per week? When my wife and I bought our first home (a new tract home in San Diego) it cost $21,500. We had been married two years. Both of us working did not make enough to pay cash for a home. Without a loan, we would have been unable to buy. When people cannot buy, the builders don't build. If builders are not building, there are no construction jobs, building materials companies (lumber, etc.) produce less and need fewer employees. Get the picture?

Because of the mortgage loan we obtained, we moved into a new home, and our mortgage payment, including taxes and insurance, was only about $30/mo more (if memory serves me) than what we had been paying to rent.

Your idiotic rant shows your utter ignorance.

Old 07-17-2014, 05:47 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,795,581 times
Everyone is still not seeing my point. Let me slow it down:

Think about this. You work and yet you can't pay for your own schooling, vehicle, house, medical care outright. It takes you years to decades to ever repay the loans on these things. That is a scam. That is a scam only one level below the scams in China where the factory workers pay to get their jobs at the good factories.

Old 07-17-2014, 05:47 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,331,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I had a friend who was born in Vietnam and came to the US. I asked him why so many Asians found success in the US while the mother country remains in poverty. They come here and win all the spelling bees, & dominate in math class, then go on to make money as adults. He replied that there is a better banking system here, allowing people to borrow money to start businesses, and everything else flows from there.
Exactly! Being able to borrow money is what leads to prosperity, and economic growth of a nation.

Old 07-17-2014, 05:48 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,267,512 times
Quote:

Think about this. You work and yet you can't pay for your own schooling, vehicle, house, medical care outright. It takes you years to decades to ever repay the loans on these things. That is a scam. That is a scam only one level below the scams in China where the factory workers pay to get their jobs at the good factories.
I think you are mistaken that no one see's your point.

I have had loans. And?

Old 07-17-2014, 05:52 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,097,922 times
Quote:

Think about this. You work and yet you can't pay for your own schooling, vehicle, house, medical care outright.
I can't afford a yacht.

Old 07-17-2014, 05:53 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,370,040 times
Quote:

I agree with not borrowing for fun.

Old 07-17-2014, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
How much do you make per week? When my wife and I bought our first home (a new tract home in San Diego) it cost $21,500. We had been married two years. Both of us working did not make enough to pay cash for a home. Without a loan, we would have been unable to buy. When people cannot buy, the builders don't build. If builders are not building, there are no construction jobs, building materials companies (lumber, etc.) produce less and need fewer employees. Get the picture?

Because of the mortgage loan we obtained, we moved into a new home, and our mortgage payment, including taxes and insurance, was only about $30/mo more (if memory serves me) than what we had been paying to rent.

Your idiotic rant shows your utter ignorance.
It's understandable that you would be blind it this because, like everyone else, you've been conditioned to expect less for your work. But when you consider there were other people at the time your bank bought your house for you who could have purchased the same house off a weeks or months pay without obtaining a loan and while working the same or less hours, it begins to put things in perspective. Why is capitalism working for them better than it is for you?

Old 07-17-2014, 06:04 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,267,512 times
Quote:
It's understandable that you would be blind it this because, like everyone else, you've been conditioned to expect less for your work. But when you consider there were other people at the time your bank bought your house for you who could have purchased the same house off a weeks or months pay without obtaining a loan and while working the same or less hours, it begins to put things in perspective. Why is capitalism working for them better than it is for you?
Because the government doesn't care about you. You are confused with your complaints.

Old 07-17-2014, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I can't afford a yacht.
That still proves my point. Things are priced out of reach in a system where working is supposed to put them in reach. But no, we need help in the form of loans to get these things. And some of these things aren't as luxury based as yachts. Some of them are necessities like shelter, medical care and schooling. And if we don't get the loans for these things or only get sub standard versions of these things, like maybe a trailer house instead of a colonial house, we get labelled as "poor" which indeed we may be compared to the other general population who were able to obtain better loans.

So what does that say about a system where people are working but still need large loans to either obtain shelter or even not be relegated to sub standard shelter?

Think about what that says about the economic system. Once you see it, it's a stunning revelation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies