Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 01:07 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times

Advertisements

Killing humans is killing humans. Sometimes it is sanctioned and sometimes not. It is still killing humans. The only difference is the sanction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2014, 01:10 PM

19,775 posts, read 22,673,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
as jesus said, follow the laws of man unless they go against the laws of god. and there are plenty of examples of the death penalty in both testaments of the bible.
And he also said "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone".

I don't want to cast a stone.

But I want them to bust big stones into little stones for my road.

Old 07-25-2014, 01:36 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
No, the best method is to execute the murderers in the same fashion they murdered.

Can't rape and strangle a woman to death, and then claim strangulation is "cruel and unusual" anymore than one can murder using a chain-saw and then claim being hacked to death with a chain-saw is "cruel and unusual."

Executing...

Mircea
So your argument is that we should lower ourselves to the standards of the criminal? Sorry, but I believe we as a nation are better then that. Obviously you as a individual are not.

Old 07-25-2014, 01:46 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times
yes

Old 07-25-2014, 01:59 PM

2,737 posts, read 3,165,232 times
Given the horrific stories of the police beating, shooting and murdering people and family pets that I have read on this very forum. I don't understand why some police officers aren't on death row and I also question the police's ability to get things right in every single murder case and innocent people have been found guilty in courts before only later to be released, although sadly in terms of the death penalty all they can receive is a posthumous pardon.

For a country such as America which doesn't generally trust Government and Officialdom, allowing the state to legally kill people is giving the state a lot of power over the individual, and a state which can kill using horrific methods can become equally as bad and sadistic as the violent individuals it seeks to avenge.

Last edited by Bamford; 07-25-2014 at 02:10 PM..

Old 07-25-2014, 02:56 PM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Should we bring back the Firing Squad as the method of Execution?

It is alot cheaper and room for failure is almost none existent.

For the issue of sound and safety issues, sound suppressors would be used.
Yes!

Old 07-25-2014, 03:02 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,075,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Should we bring back the Firing Squad as the method of Execution?

It is alot cheaper and room for failure is almost none existent.

For the issue of sound and safety issues, sound suppressors would be used.
No, because I'm not so insecure as to want to get harsh and violent on others to prove my toughness.

Old 07-25-2014, 06:22 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
So your argument is that we should lower ourselves to the standards of the criminal? Sorry, but I believe we as a nation are better then that. Obviously you as a individual are not.
Straw Man

Your reasoning contains the straw man fallacy whenever you attribute an easily refuted position to your opponent, one that the opponent wouldn’t endorse, and then proceed to attack the easily refuted position (the straw man) believing you have undermined the opponent’s actual position

Not only can you not differentiate between different forms of Inflation and between Income and Wealth, you don't understand the difference between murder, kill and slay.

A standard Cost-Benefit Analysis says that you execute murderers.

The State does not murder....neither do soldiers....they slay.

Some people through negligence or thoughtlessness or emotional outbursts kill. That makes them killers, not murderers.

And the US is not a nation, it is a federal republic. The Cherokee are a nation. No doubt your inability to grasp Political Science is on a par with your inability comprehend Economics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Killing humans is killing humans. Sometimes it is sanctioned and sometimes not. It is still killing humans. The only difference is the sanction.
No, the differences go far deeper than that.

Driving down the highway, a wasp flies into your vehicles and stings you on the neck, causing you to flinch and your vehicle careens across the median, striking the Smith Family SUV and taking the life of all nine members of the Smith Family.

Are you a murderer?

You took the lives of the Family Smith with malice aforethought? With premeditation? For personal profit or personal gain? In the furtherance of another criminal offense?

Really?

If you can't see a difference between murdering and killing, maybe you ought to get together with the other who can't even tell the difference between night and day.

Hell, even tribal groups in the Niger and Congo River Basins distinguished between male and female deaths. A "female death" was tantamount to offenses ranging from involuntary manslaughter to 2nd Degree Murder, and the punishment was banishment for 7 years. A "male death" was equivalent to 1st Degree murder and the penalty was death.

And yes, they even had a trial, weighed the evidence, cross-examined witnesses and had a jury...which consisted of every male of age in your village.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRhockeyfan View Post
The death penalty should be abolished. Why should we stoop down to the level of murderers?
Why should I pay for your squeamishness?

Murderers are counter-productive to Society....they cost a lot of money and never turn a profit, not to mention they have proven to have no respect for the rule of law.

You take them into your home, you bathe them, feed them, clothe them, provide for their medical and sexual needs and train them on your own dime. And no, you can't claim them as a dependent and you don't get a tax dodge. And yes, if they escape from your home and murder again, you are civilly liable and criminally liable (aiding and abetting).

The restivus will keep our money and use it to do fun things and live life to its fullest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
I think they should outlaw the death penalty. I don't agree that men have the right to decide life or death of other men. That's God's work.
Um, your god says to slay murderers and banish killers.

Reminding...

Mircea

Old 07-25-2014, 06:30 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
I am for the Death penalty when it is an open and shut case. Bank robber caught in the act after he kills the guard. Husband slays wife in drunken rage. Murder rapist. George Banks, Caught on film. Undeniable evidence. I would be for the old Chinese method. Sentence them then take them outside. 2 in the head and be done with it.

Old 07-25-2014, 06:41 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
The problem with the way we do executions currently is that we turn everyone of those dirty rotten rat bastards in to martyrs, victims and saints.

Drag their ass out to the local garbage dump, pop them in the head and let the seagulls have at them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies