Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 01:27 PM

76 posts, read 57,836 times

Advertisements

It is reasonable to expect that there are a greater proportion of crazy people among the patients at a hospital, than the proportion among the general public. That's why some of them are AT the hospital, is it not?

So, wouldn't a hospital be a better place to carry a concealed weapon, than in other public places?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

18,473 posts, read 7,127,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
or maybe he is a good enough shooter to merely wound the other person, so he could work with them in the future. either way, he stopped the problem which is what is the ultimate goal of self defense.
Not likely.
Anyone who has any training in self defense knows you don't shoot to wound.
It's hard enough in a life or death situation to shoot straight at the center of mass (chest)
Everything happens fast and you have to make split second decisions, it's not like being at the range where you have time to aim at a stationary target.

Life is not like the movies.

29,407 posts, read 22,054,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
many people carry a work and do it at the risk of losing their job but believe me many carry to work and do so only to protect themselves. Even if the gun is in their car parking lot just to know if you could get to it you would.
I remember back in the day driving to hi skool in my pickup with my shotgun in the gun rack behind me. Nobody ever got shot. Liberals never make any sense and on this one just another example of why they don't.

Old 07-25-2014, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalboy14844 View Post
It is reasonable to expect that there are a greater proportion of crazy people among the patients at a hospital, than the proportion among the general public. That's why some of them are AT the hospital, is it not?

So, wouldn't a hospital be a better place to carry a concealed weapon, than in other public places?
Very true and sensible point you made. Some will never understand though as they think just not allowing folks who are not crazy to carry a gun is wrong. The crazies will do what they do.

Old 07-25-2014, 01:35 PM

437 posts, read 794,224 times
Like KU I also carried my shotgun in my pickup window rack in high school. I told the principal one day, he walked me out to the parking lot to see it. Then we went to his vehicle in the teachers parking lot and he pulled out his pigeon grade bird gun. Back in the day, of course. But I also drank from the garden hose a lot.

Old 07-25-2014, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrtx View Post
Like KU I also carried my shotgun in my pickup window rack in high school. I told the principal one day, he walked me out to the parking lot to see it. Then we went to his vehicle in the teachers parking lot and he pulled out his pigeon grade bird gun. Back in the day, of course. But I also drank from the garden hose a lot.
LOL............yeah whole different world now.

Old 07-25-2014, 01:44 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,233,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
Who needs a gun while working at a Hospital? Why are all these gun nuts so paranoid and scared of sick people? We have and spend a lot of money on a police force that is there to protect us. Law abiding citizens do not need guns especially at a hospital! <sarcasm>

Yet another mental health patient attempted to commit a mass shooting at a Pennsylvania hospital today, but a pistol packing "gun nut" doctor put a stop to it. Only 1 dead and 2 hurt in another Gun Free Zone. The doctor will lose his job, but gets to keep his life...

This is why I conceal carry where ever I go including into Target, Chipotle Grill, and Starbucks... I wonder how many anti-gun Hospital workers, if they had to live the incident over again, would have still wanted that doctor to leave his evil gun at home?

Pennsylvania Hospital Shooting Leaves 1 Dead, 2 Injured

Doctor: Patient Killed Case Worker Before Gunfight - ABC News

1 dead, 2 hurt in Pennsylvania hospital shooting

where have you been? I know plenty of emergency room doctors and nurses that carry concealed at the hospital where they work. not just 1 or 2, but 28 total. that is in just 1 city. if it is like this in 1 Midwestern city, then there can be hundreds, if not thousands of hospital medical workers carrying concealed.

Old 07-25-2014, 01:55 PM

30,390 posts, read 23,854,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
where have you been? I know plenty of emergency room doctors and nurses that carry concealed at the hospital where they work. not just 1 or 2, but 28 total. that is in just 1 city. if it is like this in 1 Midwestern city, then there can be hundreds, if not thousands of hospital medical workers carrying concealed.
This is a good point. For all we know, many doctors and nurses are carrying. We just don't know it because they've never had to use it. That notion may just explode an anti gun liberal's mind. (Disclaimer: I'm fully aware that not all liberals are anti-gun. I know, for a fact, that there are liberals out there who do carry guns and do believe in the 2nd Amendment. I put this here to show that I get that...and also to fully explode an anti gun liberal's mind, just in case the first point didn't take.)

Old 07-25-2014, 01:57 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,233,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
This is a good point. For all we know, many doctors and nurses are carrying. We just don't know it because they've never had to use it. That notion may just explode an anti gun liberal's mind. (Disclaimer: I'm fully aware that not all liberals are anti-gun. I know, for a fact, that there are liberals out there who do carry guns and do believe in the 2nd Amendment. I put this here to show that I get that...and also to fully explode an anti gun liberal's mind, just in case the first point didn't take.)

no, all liberals are anti-gun, but not all democrats are liberals. the thing that really gets me, is that anti-gun nuts do not mind the police having firearms, when there is no provision for LEO's at all in the Constitution.

Old 07-25-2014, 03:28 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,299,925 times
Sure this guy saved lives but how many people will die this weekend because guns are so available?

Gun owners are selfish and rather see all these deaths than to do the right thing and part with their weapons to save lives!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies