Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 11:59 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRhockeyfan View Post
Ted Cruz is a clown. I hope Santorum tries again, he gave me some laughs last time around.
Nope you want laughs you go with Bachmann, and add Palin, does not matter which goes for which office, I prefer Palin as Prez and Bachmann as VP, then I finally get to use my Moose and Squirrel label, I so missed out on that last time around, heck they could use that as the symbol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2014, 11:59 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
This question is mainly meant for liberals. But obviously I can't stop conservatives from responding as well. Hopefully, they won't turn this into a Clinton-bashing thread.

To my fellow liberals, what does Hillary Clinton actually stand for? Al Gore is known for his efforts to deal with climate change. Elizabeth Warren is fighting for financial reform. Howard Dean, when he ran for the Democratic nomination in 2004, was running as the anti-war candidate. But what has Hillary Clinton actually championed? In 2008, she tried to distinguish herself from Barack Obama by claiming that she's a fighter. But what has she actually fought for? She's been on the national stage for more than 2 decades and I can't think of what her signature issue is. When she was First Lady, she tried to reform the health care system. As Senator, she voted for the Iraq War, a vote that probably cost her the nomination (an irony, since the vote was actually meant to help a future Presidential campaign). But can you name a single piece of legislation she put forth? She wasn't the head of any committee. She didn't negotiate a deal on any major bill. As Secretary of State, she logged more air miles than any of her predecessors. But what did she actually achieve during her tenure? And please, don't bring up Benghazi. I don't feel like entertaining conservative conspiracy theories about what happened there.

As a liberal, I struggle to come up with a convincing argument for why she should be President, other than the alternative (Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio) being too terrifying to contemplate. On paper, her resume sounds great. Senator, Secretary of State. I didn't include First Lady since being the spouse of a politician shouldn't count as experience. Take away her last name and her gender and what do you have left? A person who was Senator and Secretary of State, but didn't actually do anything noteworthy (other than voting for a war for the wrong reasons) during that time. I get no sense that she's passionate about anything, that she'll actually fight for anything. In all her interviews, she plays it safe, never taking a firm stand on anything, never saying anything that might cost her votes or offend potential donors. If she does address things like income inequality or gay rights or climate change, she pays them lip service. Never do I get the impression that she'll fight for any of these things. If elected, I suspect we'll get another Bill Clinton, a triangulating centrist Democrat who kisses up to Wall Street, embraces a hawkish foreign policy, and throws breadcrumbs to the liberal base. In other words, a moderate Republican.

She knows world politics in and out and is well respected by other countries and she has Bill to bounce things off of. She actually knows where the countries are not like a former pres didn't.

Old 07-25-2014, 12:04 PM

792 posts, read 635,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Nope you want laughs you go with Bachmann, and add Palin, does not matter which goes for which office, I prefer Palin as Prez and Bachmann as VP, then I finally get to use my Moose and Squirrel label, I so missed out on that last time around, heck they could use that as the symbol.
Michelle Bachmann is an embarrassment to Minnesota. She's like Joe McCarthy with a vag, and Joe was from Wisconsin. Remember that deal about her accusing a staffer of being a terrorist just because she was Muslim? I never liked Bachmann's district anyways..

Old 07-25-2014, 12:12 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhockeyfan
]Ted Cruz is a clown. I hope Santorum tries again, he gave me some laughs last time around.

OP asks for insight/analysis of Hillary Clinton, and liberal posters seem to have a tough time answering, instead defaulting to their favorite parlor game of 3rd grade name-calling against R's. I think this speaks volumes.

Old 07-25-2014, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRhockeyfan View Post
Michelle Bachmann is an embarrassment to Minnesota. She's like Joe McCarthy with a vag, and Joe was from Wisconsin. Remember that deal about her accusing a staffer of being a terrorist just because she was Muslim? I never liked Bachmann's district anyways..
Yeah but she is a laugh a minute

Old 07-25-2014, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
OP asks for insight/analysis of Hillary Clinton, and liberal posters seem to have a tough time answering, instead defaulting to their favorite parlor game of 3rd grade name-calling against R's. I think this speaks volumes.
You silly, I said I would Never support her unless Cruz was her opponent, (the only current candidate worse for the Nation IMO). Maybe you should try paying closer attention to what I post instead of see my name and over reacting I was just having fun at the expense of Moose and her side kick Squirrel while I could they are always such a hoot, the laughs never stop coming.

Old 07-25-2014, 12:55 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,643,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
She knows world politics in and out and is well respected by other countries and she has Bill to bounce things off of. She actually knows where the countries are not like a former pres didn't.
So? Is this a reason to elect her as President?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
No, what speaks volumes is that conservatives, as expected, can't stick to the topic and instead of trod out names of Republicans they'd rather see as President.

Old 07-25-2014, 01:04 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Lightbulb Question For Liberals: What Does Hillary Clinton Stand For?

Just think of her as the anti-Palin.

Old 07-25-2014, 01:05 PM

1 posts, read 930 times
Quote:
This question is mainly meant for liberals. But obviously I can't stop conservatives from responding as well. Hopefully, they won't turn this into a Clinton-bashing thread.

To my fellow liberals, what does Hillary Clinton actually stand for? Al Gore is known for his efforts to deal with climate change. Elizabeth Warren is fighting for financial reform. Howard Dean, when he ran for the Democratic nomination in 2004, was running as the anti-war candidate. But what has Hillary Clinton actually championed? In 2008, she tried to distinguish herself from Barack Obama by claiming that she's a fighter. But what has she actually fought for? She's been on the national stage for more than 2 decades and I can't think of what her signature issue is. When she was First Lady, she tried to reform the health care system. As Senator, she voted for the Iraq War, a vote that probably cost her the nomination (an irony, since the vote was actually meant to help a future Presidential campaign). But can you name a single piece of legislation she put forth? She wasn't the head of any committee. She didn't negotiate a deal on any major bill. As Secretary of State, she logged more air miles than any of her predecessors. But what did she actually achieve during her tenure? And please, don't bring up Benghazi. I don't feel like entertaining conservative conspiracy theories about what happened there.

As a liberal, I struggle to come up with a convincing argument for why she should be President, other than the alternative (Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio) being too terrifying to contemplate. On paper, her resume sounds great. Senator, Secretary of State. I didn't include First Lady since being the spouse of a politician shouldn't count as experience. Take away her last name and her gender and what do you have left? A person who was Senator and Secretary of State, but didn't actually do anything noteworthy (other than voting for a war for the wrong reasons) during that time. I get no sense that she's passionate about anything, that she'll actually fight for anything. In all her interviews, she plays it safe, never taking a firm stand on anything, never saying anything that might cost her votes or offend potential donors. If she does address things like income inequality or gay rights or climate change, she pays them lip service. Never do I get the impression that she'll fight for any of these things. If elected, I suspect we'll get another Bill Clinton, a triangulating centrist Democrat who kisses up to Wall Street, embraces a hawkish foreign policy, and throws breadcrumbs to the liberal base. In other words, a moderate Republican.

She's not declared her presidency and has not made out a platform. What does Ted Cruz stand for? Rick Perry? Rand Paul?

Old 07-25-2014, 01:16 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,071,153 times
Quote:
No, what speaks volumes is that conservatives, as expected, can't stick to the topic and instead of trod out names of Republicans they'd rather see as President.
Well, let's recap this thread to date:

Post 1: what does Hilary stand for?
Post 2; Hilarys a fascist
Post 3: No she's not and here's a graph to prove it
Post 4: You're right - she's not a fascist. She just hates America
Post 5: Slam on those who love their country
Post 6: Sacastic apology for loving his country
Post 7: I'll only support her if Cruz gets the nom
Post 8: Cruz is a clown and so is Santorum
Post 9: GOP better find somebody good or we'll end up in FEMA camps
Post 10: She's just another politician financing banks and the war machine
Post 11: If Palin and Bachman won I could use my Rocky and Bullwinkle picture
Post 12: She traveled a lot and could use her husband for advice
Post 13: Bachman is an embarassement to Minnesota
Post 14; The OP asked for thoughts on Clinton and Dems are just name calling R's
Post 15: Bachman is a laugh a minute
Post 16: Stop deliberately misunderstanding my previous post
Post 17: She traveled a lot! So??..........which brings us back to the quote above.

Not staying on topic is what we DO here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies