Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 01:20 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,231,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Well, let's recap this thread to date:

Post 1: what does Hilary stand for?
Post 2; Hilarys a fascist
Post 3: No she's not and here's a graph to prove it
Post 4: You're right - she's not a fascist. She just hates America
Post 5: Slam on those who love their country
Post 6: Sacastic apology for loving his country
Post 7: I'll only support her if Cruz gets the nom
Post 8: Cruz is a clown and so is Santorum
Post 9: GOP better find somebody good or we'll end up in FEMA camps
Post 10: She's just another politician financing banks and the war machine
Post 11: If Palin and Bachman won I could use my Rocky and Bullwinkle picture
Post 12: She traveled a lot and could use her husband for advice
Post 13: Bachman is an embarassement to Minnesota
Post 14; The OP asked for thoughts on Clinton and Dems are just name calling R's
Post 15: Bachman is a laugh a minute
Post 16: Stop deliberately misunderstanding my previous post
Post 17: She traveled a lot! So??..........which brings us back to the quote above.

Not staying on topic is what we DO here.
#4,#6 Mea Culpa!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2014, 02:02 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,643,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDodds View Post
She's not declared her presidency and has not made out a platform. What does Ted Cruz stand for? Rick Perry? Rand Paul?
What Ted Cruz, Rick Perry, and Rand Paul stand for is irrelevant. Stick to the topic. As for Hillary, I'm not asking about her platform. She's been on the political scene for over two decades and you can't point to a single issue that she's displayed any passion for. Elizabeth Warren has only been in politics for a few years and she's already becoming synonymous with banking reform. Does Hillary even have any issues that she's passionate about? Sure doesn't look like it.

Old 07-25-2014, 02:17 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,180,231 times
I don't think Hillary knows what she stands for yet. She is waiting to announce her candidacy because she is waiting to see how the wind is blowing and whether can back what the wind says.

That means she isn't genuine. (No politician is).

We know she is a hypocrite concerning her connection to the middle class. She was poor when she left the White House! She isn't a populist. She can't be true to any issues about tax fairness - since her home in NY is split into 50 trusts to avoid taxes.

She was against gay marriage when DOMA was signed. But she is behind it now. I am OK with changing your mind. But come out and say so.

Old 07-25-2014, 02:45 PM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times
"What Does Hillary Clinton Stand For?" Herself.

Old 07-25-2014, 03:09 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,406,698 times
Hilary sucks. She just happens to be better than any Republican candidate out there.

Old 07-25-2014, 03:15 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
This question is mainly meant for liberals. But obviously I can't stop conservatives from responding as well. Hopefully, they won't turn this into a Clinton-bashing thread.

To my fellow liberals, what does Hillary Clinton actually stand for? Al Gore is known for his efforts to deal with climate change. Elizabeth Warren is fighting for financial reform. Howard Dean, when he ran for the Democratic nomination in 2004, was running as the anti-war candidate. But what has Hillary Clinton actually championed? In 2008, she tried to distinguish herself from Barack Obama by claiming that she's a fighter. But what has she actually fought for? She's been on the national stage for more than 2 decades and I can't think of what her signature issue is. When she was First Lady, she tried to reform the health care system. As Senator, she voted for the Iraq War, a vote that probably cost her the nomination (an irony, since the vote was actually meant to help a future Presidential campaign). But can you name a single piece of legislation she put forth? She wasn't the head of any committee. She didn't negotiate a deal on any major bill. As Secretary of State, she logged more air miles than any of her predecessors. But what did she actually achieve during her tenure? And please, don't bring up Benghazi. I don't feel like entertaining conservative conspiracy theories about what happened there.

As a liberal, I struggle to come up with a convincing argument for why she should be President, other than the alternative (Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio) being too terrifying to contemplate. On paper, her resume sounds great. Senator, Secretary of State. I didn't include First Lady since being the spouse of a politician shouldn't count as experience. Take away her last name and her gender and what do you have left? A person who was Senator and Secretary of State, but didn't actually do anything noteworthy (other than voting for a war for the wrong reasons) during that time. I get no sense that she's passionate about anything, that she'll actually fight for anything. In all her interviews, she plays it safe, never taking a firm stand on anything, never saying anything that might cost her votes or offend potential donors. If she does address things like income inequality or gay rights or climate change, she pays them lip service. Never do I get the impression that she'll fight for any of these things. If elected, I suspect we'll get another Bill Clinton, a triangulating centrist Democrat who kisses up to Wall Street, embraces a hawkish foreign policy, and throws breadcrumbs to the liberal base. In other words, a moderate Republican.
Corruption
Thirst for Power
NAFTA and China trade status
High taxes
More power for the EPA
More power for the Trial Lawyer's Association
Less energy development
Fewer jobs
Lower incomes
More illegals

It is liberal Nirvana and Obama II. After 8 years of Obama, the nation may be finished anyway, so it may be a moot point.

One "silver lining" of a Hillary presidency- The Clintons HATE Obama and they always get even. That, in of itself, may be worth the entertainment value to see Obama finally get what he deserves.

Old 07-25-2014, 09:51 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,872,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRhockeyfan View Post
Learn what fascism is, please. You don't know basic political science. Not to mention, fascists tend to have extreme nationalist tendencies, manifested in xenophobic policies and finding a common enemy for the people that's usually immigrants or already-repressed minorities.
No, fascism is the marriage of big business and big government - multi-nationalist corporations and global government, much to the detriment of individuals everywhere.

The Constitution was authored to protect from this annihilation of the individual.

The U.S. Constitution is nationalist.

Isn't the United Nations a multi-nationalist country?

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 07-25-2014 at 10:02 PM..

Old 07-25-2014, 11:08 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,430,619 times
She's not a Republican. That's good enough for me

Old 07-25-2014, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
I don't think Hillary knows what she stands for yet. She is waiting to announce her candidacy because she is waiting to see how the wind is blowing and whether can back what the wind says.

That means she isn't genuine. (No politician is).

We know she is a hypocrite concerning her connection to the middle class. She was poor when she left the White House! She isn't a populist. She can't be true to any issues about tax fairness - since her home in NY is split into 50 trusts to avoid taxes.

She was against gay marriage when DOMA was signed. But she is behind it now. I am OK with changing your mind. But come out and say so.
You do know the election is over 2 years away don't you? Has anybody else announced? Why the hell should she have to announce so early?

Old 07-25-2014, 11:17 PM

Can any of the "duh, why hasn't Hillary announced yet?" cons name one president who announced his candidacy over 2 years before the election

Bush announced in June of 1999. I guess he was also waiting to see which way the wind was blowing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies