Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 10:04 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,157,422 times

Advertisements

If a woman dresses seductively to catch the eye of "Mr. Right" she is also catching the eye of men who cat call.

I will ignore the benign cat call, or wolf whistle, and have even seen women grin to them. So who am I to get involved between two adults out in public and decide if harmless innuendo is inappropriate, especially if some women see it as a clumsy compliment?

I admit I do have a personal view on when I think the invisible line has been crossed, and I have on a few occasions berated a guy who went over the line with young women.

BTW, just because I'm a man does not mean I'm immune from being physically assaulted for sticking my nose in other people's business.

The guy who is interested in a woman is not very likely to punch her in the face, because she walked over and started a conversation with him. In fact if every hot babe he wolf whistled at gave him that much personal attention, he'd be whistling a lot more. Some random stranger, walking past and berating the guy for whistling at the woman is not going to shame the guy into stopping it either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2014, 10:09 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanezguitar View Post
Wow. I think I need to do my part and cat call a few women today, I wouldn't want to be left behind by the majority.

Women dress a certain way for the attention of who they consider the "right" men. If these particular men are paying them attention all is right with the world "Ooh look at so and so checking me out." I should know because I and many other men have been in such a position.

As long as women behave passively in the mating game we men will always be the aggressors. In fact, I've been told by a few women in my life who I ended up not getting involved with, that I wasn't aggressive enough. Hilarious isn't it? When you try to behave in a way you're told is more respectful you end up getting dumped for a lack of initiative by women who literally told you they weren't ready yet. Fortunately I learned to ignore most of what they say and push things to a reasonable degree and haven't had any more problems of this kind.

Women employ all sorts of tactics to save face so they don't have to take responsibility for their actions. The world isn't going to change because you don't like the "wrong" men staring at your skintight clothing. You can't pick and choose who to allow the honor of checking you out.

Sad thing is, when you get old, you're going to miss this kind of attention.

My experience has been that women only behave passively if they think you're unattached, but if they know you have a girlfriend, and if you are a big enough jackass, they'll compete for you.

Are you pleasant, respectful, thoughtful?

Plan on never getting laid.

That's just the way it is.

Old 07-26-2014, 10:21 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
You tilted your hand when you asked why other men don't get involved.

Why do certain men act like ***holes?

Because lots of women, women like you, love ***holes!

After all, these are real men who know what they want and aren't afraid to go after it.
I have known friends or coworkers who treated women like sex objects. These guys always had women following them around like dogs. It always amazed me.

One example. We were in a pool joint, and man's bar, not a place men went to to look for women. So we are playing pool, drinking, talking **** and having fun. This buxom gal walks over and talks to a coworker of mine and this was the exchange:

"Scoey, are you ignoring me?"
"No. I've just been really busy, we've been doing twelve hour days at work."
"Oh. Well... could you come home with me and watch a movie or something?"
"No, can't you see I'm out with the guys."
"Please Scoey?
"No."
Awe come on Scoey, I haven't seem you in a long time."
Well.... not unless you *bleep* my *bleep* and let me slap you in the face with it." (This was said in a light hearted joking manner, and was followed by groans of shocked disapproval by the men around him)
Ohhhh... Scoey! Well..... okay."
"Well guys, it's been fun, but I can't turn down an offer like that."

Scoey always had women, always. There are just some women who like being treated like that. But even though this guy and others acted like that, they were still, oddly enough, respectful of women, as in they never raised a hand to a woman.

Last edited by Wapasha; 07-26-2014 at 10:44 AM..

Old 07-26-2014, 10:25 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Catcalls are just words. Ignore them and keep walking.
Simples.

Old 07-26-2014, 10:27 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
Men have been over last 40 years declawed aka social engineering most men cower when abuse occurs in public
Much cowardice hides under the banner of tolerance
Getting jailed or sued for acts of courage does not help

Old 07-26-2014, 10:46 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,756,825 times
Unwantted contact or behavior is the definition of "sexual harassment" Think about that. Its not cat calls, staring etc thats illegal. Hmmmm

A law that defines what is illegal is upto an individuals personal choice of whats illegal. Wow how confusing. So how does that work really?

Boy A: Socially akward, not really attractive. Unwantted contact

Boy B: Socially a stud, very attractive, someone who you want. Acceptable behavior?

If that isnt the case then why not just outlaw catcalling or staring etc?

Ever felt like you never left highschool.

Last edited by hawaiian by heart; 07-26-2014 at 10:56 AM..

Old 07-26-2014, 10:54 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
First it's men need to help ladies harassed on the street then it's sexist that men come to the aid of an independent woman who can take care of herself... You reap what you sow ladies...

Old 07-26-2014, 10:59 AM

50,316 posts, read 47,056,299 times
So, buy a gun and quit expecting men to stick up for you.

Old 07-26-2014, 11:02 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
It's certainly easier to control my reaction than it is to expect strangers on the street to change their verbal behaviors to accommodate me.

Old 07-26-2014, 11:05 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Unwantted contact or behavior is the definition of "sexual harassment" Think about that. Its not cat calls, staring etc thats illegal. Hmmmm

A law that defines what is illegal is upto an individuals personal choice of whats illegal. Wow how confusing. So how does that work really?

Boy A: Socially akward, not really attractive. Unwantted contact

Boy B: Socially a stud, very attractive, someone who you want. Acceptable behavior?

If that isnt the case then why not just outlaw catcalling or staring etc?

Ever felt like you never left highschool.
High school is giving more credit that I would. This is more like preschool, ala he/she is looking at me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies