Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2014, 07:39 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Interesting question. I really have no idea. Probably bands of locals, mostly younger. As for parts of the country, I think most resistance would come from the Midwest, Deep South, and certain New England states (pa, vt, nh, Maine).
Agreed but please don't forget about most of the western US. Take away LA, SF, Seattle and most other coastal places; it'd be pretty bad for any kind of military invasion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2014, 07:45 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
I think that an occupied America would look more like the America of a miniseries with stars like Robert Urick and Kris Kristofferson called Amerika. Set in the mid to late 1990s after a war which occured in the late 1980s, This program showed an America which had lost a war and found itself under UN Peacekeeping with a US President taking orders from a Soviet Marshal comanding the UN Forces and being reorganized into small states (Like Heartland consisting of the upper Midwest, Nebraska and the Dakotas, Missouri, and Illinois) designed to be and agarian nation unable to challenge the victors of what was a short brief war that caused little damage but rendered US military and its electrical and telecoms systems unusable (think EMP) . Most Americans although impoverished were just trying to get by, some had thrown in with the Soviets working to reorganize the New America. A small minority were resisting hence the peacekeeping and re-education camps. The program focused on a district based in what was Nebraska which was attracting attention from the Soviet KGB Col in Chicago tasked with the reorganization of this so-called Heartland region (a project backed by the Soviet Marshal back in DC) because it was meeting or exceeding its production quotas and giving him less trouble compared to other parts of his region. I think this is more realistic than Red Dawn.
You forgot 1 thing. Nukes. Even IF Russia DID take down the US in the 1980's, Russia'd be very badly damaged and may have ITS own problems at home with the Ukraine and so on wanting to break away. So Russia IMHO would walk away from the US kinda like they did in Afghanistan about 1990

Old 07-27-2014, 07:48 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Why not take a look at the Ukraine for a Tea Party vision for the future. It would be similar to the Civil War with the southern states splitting off and getting help from Russia. The military in the southern states would leave the US. They would hope for a quick and maybe non-violent separation. They would adopt the Gadsden Flag. Where they would be hurting though the Tea Party would suddenly find all their Medicare and VA benefits denied. After a while the south would look like another welfare country.

One thing for sure, the Northeast would be searching for oil reserves, and food.

Old 07-27-2014, 08:03 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,185,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
You and the gist of daytime talkshow weenies can play with dragonBarbies all day if you want.
My answer was as realistic as the scenario.

Old 07-27-2014, 08:08 PM

1,806 posts, read 1,737,663 times
Again, it would never happen and it's a stupid scenario. You can't move that many people without being noticed.

Old 07-27-2014, 08:11 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,185,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
Again, it would never happen and it's a stupid scenario. You can't move that many people without being noticed.
You would need a massive invasion force and even more massive sea- and airlift capabilities which no country besides the United States has. It's like invading Russia, only much, much harder.

Old 07-27-2014, 08:17 PM

1,347 posts, read 954,397 times
I recall reading when the first Red Dawn came out about a russian general getting angry and thinking the film was a stolen set of war plans from the USSR, as this was one of the scenarios they had game-planned. They would come over from Alaska using commercial airliners and drop thousands of troops into the US.

He stated that he didn't think they'd have a difficult time dealing with the US military, but believed that there was no way a country with 500 million plus handguns alone, plus half that rifles like the AR15, could ever be pacified. He said there were so many guns here, that no military could deal with the US public.

Old 07-27-2014, 09:02 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Rebels running around the wilderness with guns don't do well against satellites, drones, aircraft, night vision, and heavy armor - unless they are funded and supplied by an outside source. Who would be left to support/supply the US rebels in this Red Dawn fantasy?

Old 07-27-2014, 09:11 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
Really ??? The Far left would rat out everyone ? How about your high and mighty righties ? You think someone like Romney would be saying" I'm not going to give in i will fight for my country" ??? Na he'd be the first one to drop to his knees and kiss the invaders shoes. Oh and let us not forget all the righties at least on this forum with their love fest for putin would drop trow for him at any second.

Red Dawn was a silly movie,but if you want a good series of books to read about what would happen if an alien race came to invade earth and how during the middle of ww2 everyone joined together to kill some alien reptile butt checkout harry turtledove's WorldWar series one of the best and certainly most interesting of his books I've read. Or if your into a more local thing checkout his guns of the south series than.
Yep pretty sure the peacenics would be the collaborators. Then the greedy hard core righties would be trying to profit. But the snitches would be the hard left. They always seem to think that the bad guys are just misunderstood. LOL
Its all fiction. Who knows what would happen? What wouldn't happen is a bunch of guys with deer rifles defeating a well trained military.
Good choice of books by the way.
So would you want Hillary, Obama , Pelosi, Reid and Jackson on your side if you had to go to war with them at your side? I wouldn't. I wouldnt want Beck, Rush, Bohner,Cruze, or hannity on my side either. LOL

Old 07-27-2014, 09:14 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Why not take a look at the Ukraine for a Tea Party vision for the future. It would be similar to the Civil War with the southern states splitting off and getting help from Russia. The military in the southern states would leave the US. They would hope for a quick and maybe non-violent separation. They would adopt the Gadsden Flag. Where they would be hurting though the Tea Party would suddenly find all their Medicare and VA benefits denied. After a while the south would look like another welfare country.
Man you are obsessed with the Tea party. I know you hate conservatives and vets, but if I had to go into battle I would want people who have actually been in battle, fired a weapon before and understood that some people just can't be reasoned with in a civil manner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies