Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 05:04 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,798,116 times

Advertisements

Found this article while researching. Thot you AGW folk would enjoy adding another weapon to your arsenal.

The Alarming Reason Behind The Massive Black Pits That Keep Appearing in Siberia

The news: It turns out that gigantic black pit recently discovered by oil workers at "the end of the world" in Siberia several weeks ago might indicate a bigger problem than we previously thought.

Two more chasms have been uncovered by environmental scientists, leading experts to believe they're part of an alarming trend tied to global warming

Let the games begin!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2014, 06:23 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,993,101 times
It must be noted that both scenarios presented are stated as THEORY, not FACT.
when the FACTS are known, I will begin to be concerned.

Old 08-04-2014, 07:50 PM

1,594 posts, read 1,414,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
It must be noted that both scenarios presented are stated as THEORY, not FACT.
when the FACTS are known, I will begin to be concerned.
That is funny!

That is the trouble with have only one planet to screw up. By the time things a absolutely certain it may be absolutely too late to do anything significant. Science is not just about what is known. Science is about figuring out the unknown.

psik

Old 08-04-2014, 08:06 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,745,809 times
Blackheads on the ASS of the world.

Meh.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:16 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,701,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
Found this article while researching. Thot you AGW folk would enjoy adding another weapon to your arsenal.

The Alarming Reason Behind The Massive Black Pits That Keep Appearing in Siberia

The news: It turns out that gigantic black pit recently discovered by oil workers at "the end of the world" in Siberia several weeks ago might indicate a bigger problem than we previously thought.

Two more chasms have been uncovered by environmental scientists, leading experts to believe they're part of an alarming trend tied to global warming

Let the games begin!

That is cool!

Look how symmetrical it is/

Really does look man made.

Old 08-05-2014, 06:37 AM

24,446 posts, read 23,110,611 times
If they appeared in Siberia from Global Warming, there should be some showing up in northern Canada as well. Same climate, same northerly position in the hemisphere. Its a theory based on conjecture with nothing to back it up with actual study and research. Much like global warming.
At least the US is basking in record low temperatures this summer.

Old 08-05-2014, 06:52 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,004,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
If they appeared in Siberia from Global Warming, there should be some showing up in northern Canada as well. Same climate, same northerly position in the hemisphere. Its a theory based on conjecture with nothing to back it up with actual study and research. Much like global warming.
At least the US is basking in record low temperatures this summer.

Yep. We've pretty much had an extended spring here in northeast Ohio. No 90 degree days in the month of July, and only 2 that managed to reach 88 degrees. And from what I saw on weather.com yesterday they're predicting cooler than usual temperatures for this region going into fall. Yesterday was the first day it actually felt like a warm summer day, and not fall like in over a week!

Old 08-05-2014, 07:17 AM

3,429 posts, read 2,737,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post

I'd say this counts as good evidence for GW, but I don't think it helps determine whether or not the "A" belongs in AGW.

Old 08-05-2014, 08:00 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,655,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psikeyhackr View Post
That is funny!

That is the trouble with have only one planet to screw up. By the time things a absolutely certain it may be absolutely too late to do anything significant. Science is not just about what is known. Science is about figuring out the unknown.

psik
I'd love to audit your life.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:15 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,223,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psikeyhackr View Post
That is funny!

psik

I get so tired of fighting about "climate-change".

Look at it like this, CO2 is at 400 PPM. The global-warming alarmists claim that this means that the Earth will warm significantly going into the future. And that warming will persist for hundreds, if not thousands of years.

Their "goal" is not to stop global warming. The logic in their claim is that it isn't even possible to completely stop global-warming. That the damage has already been done.

If they have a goal at all, it is to prevent "more warming than the Earth can handle". The problem with that position, is that is presumes two things. First, that there is some knowable and specific threshold of warming that cannot be exceeded. And secondly, that if we were to throw up a bunch of wind turbines and solar panels, and then drive Prius's. That it would magically prevent the Earth from ever warming beyond that arbitrary point.

Everything about global-warming is opinion. Because it is simply impossible to know whether or not the world will be warmer ten, or a hundred years from now. I insist, it is impossible. You can say it is likely, but that is all you can say. Anyone who claims to "know" anything about the future, is a complete and total moron.

In my view, there is absolutely no point in talking about "slowing down warming". If warming is the long-term problem the alarmists claim it is. The only course forward would be to completely stop it, mitigate its effects, or reverse it.

If you don't have a plan that can realistically stop it, mitigate its effects, or reverse it. I don't want to hear you speak. Because you add absolutely nothing to any conversation.

And further, if it was possible to stop it, mitigate its effects, or reverse it. It can happen at any time in the future. Therefore, there is no reason to fret about it until the "negative" effects are known, and therefore provable(IE no longer just opinion).

To me, the entire discussion about global-warming is between those who want to centralize power in a central authority(IE the United Nations), and those who want to keep power decentralized. To believe that this discussion is ever unbiased is ridiculous.

The global-warming alarmists are being paid by or supported by groups with a specific agenda(mostly by governments). And the global-warming deniers/skeptics are people paid by of supported by groups with the opposite agenda. To believe that there is any honesty in this debate is delusional.

Talking about global-warming just makes me want to jump into practically every thread on city-data and just tell everyone what ignorant idiots they are. I am always telling my friend, that sometimes I just want to walk around all day long with both hands up, flipping everyone off. Because the more time I spend on City-data, the more I realize how much I don't like the vast majority of the people in this country. And for that matter, the world.

I would rather live the life of a subsistence farmer, than have to deal with the idiots of the world. The sad thing is, you can't even do that. Because your land will be taken away for non-payment of property taxes.

So I am forced to interact and put up with you tyrannical scumbags. The least I can do is make your lives miserable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies